LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
wtf happened to montreal...

I think Josh Gorges got hit pretty hard and Montreal really didn't defend him...or something along those lines.....let me go get evil....brb.

lol some 100th yr for the habs LOL even 3 of their players the kostitsyn bros and hamrlik are said to be involved with some crime dude. yup what a great 100th yr for the habs this was suppose to be a magical yr for them..... yea right LOL
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hec26:

I think Josh Gorges got hit pretty hard and Montreal really didn't defend him...or something along those lines.....let me go get evil....brb.

lol some 100th yr for the habs LOL even 3 of their players the kostitsyn bros and hamrlik are said to be involved with some crime dude. yup what a great 100th yr for the habs this was suppose to be a magical yr for them..... yea right LOL

IDK wtf happened to us.

We were ballers last year and we seemingly got better in the offseason however that has yet to show. We are in serious jeopardy of not making the playoffs and Carbonneau is on the hot seat. We have played sloppy and a lot of players haven't played up to their potential. It's been a long year and one that will likely end with a 1st round exit from the playoffs should we even make it.

As much as I want Vinny in Montreal it will cost too much and he won't bring us a cup this year, possibly next but not this year that is for damn sure.
Originally posted by evil:

IDK wtf happened to us.

We were ballers last year and we seemingly got better in the offseason however that has yet to show. We are in serious jeopardy of not making the playoffs and Carbonneau is on the hot seat. We have played sloppy and a lot of players haven't played up to their potential. It's been a long year and one that will likely end with a 1st round exit from the playoffs should we even make it.

As much as I want Vinny in Montreal it will cost too much and he won't bring us a cup this year, possibly next but not this year that is for damn sure.

I cant beleive the gm sent the captain home. It did make the habs play better from what I read, but still . Maybe tell the captain to start a fight or something else.

I heard a rumor that the captain may want a trade... is that true?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Blues playing better hockey lately
  • evil
  • Veteran

IDK wtf happened to us.

I cant beleive the gm sent the captain home. It did make the habs play better from what I read, but still . Maybe tell the captain to start a fight or something else.

Kovy is saying different and I doubt they trade him. Maybe in the offseason but not now. They sent him a strong message and I think he got it.

IDK wtf happened to us.

Kovy is saying different and I doubt they trade him. Maybe in the offseason but not now. They sent him a strong message and I think he got it.

isnt kovalev a fa after the yr?
Now the rangers let their coach go,...
  • NickV
  • Veteran

It was expected...what was their losing streak? like 10 right?

tortorella has A LOT of cleaning up to do as well as their gm who shouldve been fired for giving the players they have horrible contracts. the rangers have so many average to 2nd tier players making way more then theyre supposed to be making.

tortorella has A LOT of cleaning up to do as well as their gm who shouldve been fired for giving the players they have horrible contracts. the rangers have so many average to 2nd tier players making way more then theyre supposed to be making.

what are you talking about Redden got an excellent contract and Drury is a superb captain

Originally posted by SFgoldrush49:

what are you talking about Redden got an excellent contract and Drury is a superb captain

whew, you had me a bit until i saw that pinochio smiley LOL

lol Henrik is the only great player we got we have some nice young players. I just hope with Tortorella we aren't as passive and have consistent line's so we don't get those stupid too many players on the ice penalty which should never happen

lol Henrik is the only great player we got we have some nice young players. I just hope with Tortorella we aren't as passive and have consistent line's so we don't get those stupid too many players on the ice penalty which should never happen

if there is one thing Tororella isn't, its passive. The real question is if he gets them to play hard long enough before getting p**sed at him
  • evil
  • Veteran

IDK wtf happened to us.

isnt kovalev a fa after the yr?

right you are.
Big trade today!!!!

Pits sends Ryan Whitney to Ana for Chris Kunitz and another young kid.

Good trade for both teams really.
Share 49ersWebzone