LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

****2014 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Thread****

Originally posted by qnbrew88:
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
I guess the Angels got sick and tired of being played by Boras. I understand his role as an agent to get the most money for his client but I hate how he goes about his business.

What I do find interesting is whether he will try to claim some type of collusion given that the Red Sox and Angels both seemed to back away and virtually the same time.

Tex is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. Why on earth would you pass on playing with the Red Sox or Angels and get $160 million??? How much money does one really need? I hope he goes to the Nats and suffers on a losing team. I just pray he doesnt go to the damn Yankees too!!!!!!!!!!!!

amen to that

i dislike the angles with a passion but i agree getting payed 160 mil and playing for 7-8 yrs for a franchise that can win a ws any yr would be great. if tex signs with the nats yeah he'll be happy in a yr or so but as soon as he gets older and realizes he wont ever ever win a ws or get close to 1 playing in dc he'll call himself stupid and regret it
^ yeah, oh well. i agree with what everyone has said. we tried our best to get the guy, offering him easily the largest contract in franchise history. if he doesn't want to be here, f**k him. we'll win without him.

now let's get Manny.
Originally posted by hec26:
I guess the Angels got sick and tired of being played by Boras. I understand his role as an agent to get the most money for his client but I hate how he goes about his business.

What I do find interesting is whether he will try to claim some type of collusion given that the Red Sox and Angels both seemed to back away and virtually the same time.

Tex is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. Why on earth would you pass on playing with the Red Sox or Angels and get $160 million??? How much money does one really need? I hope he goes to the Nats and suffers on a losing team. I just pray he doesnt go to the damn Yankees too!!!!!!!!!!!!

amen to that

i dislike the angles with a passion but i agree getting payed 160 mil and playing for 7-8 yrs for a franchise that can win a ws any yr would be great. if tex signs with the nats yeah he'll be happy in a yr or so but as soon as he gets older and realizes he wont ever ever win a ws or get close to 1 playing in dc he'll call himself stupid and regret it

I'm in the same camp as you. I am a die hard Giant fan and will never forget the 02 WS and how the Giants choked it away. However, I would MUCH prefer that Tex goes to the Angels than the Yankees. I just think he is being foolish and really needs to get a handle on priorities. Maybe his top priority is really playing at home. If thats the case.. then go sign with the Orioles and be done with it.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hec26:

amen to that

I'm in the same camp as you. I am a die hard Giant fan and will never forget the 02 WS and how the Giants choked it away. However, I would MUCH prefer that Tex goes to the Angels than the Yankees. I just think he is being foolish and really needs to get a handle on priorities. Maybe his top priority is really playing at home. If thats the case.. then go sign with the Orioles and be done with it.

and be 37 yrs old by the time your contract is over and still not have won the WS.
  • dman
  • Veteran
The Yankees sure are good at writing checks.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
$180 million over 8 years. PUAHAHAHHAHA

He's not worth that kind of money.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:

to be fair....no athlete is.

props to them though from getting the players they want.

sooner or later all these expenses have to come and bite them in the ass. or pocket.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dman:

I bet if the Niners were to go out and sign Hayensworth, Housh (won't even try to spell the rest of his name), Jordan Gross, Ray Lewis, and Suggs you would be doing this all day as would I. The Yankees had 88 mil. come off the payroll and added 60 mil. plus on the payroll with a savings of 20 something mil. Please stop the hate and congratulate.
f**k this, im so p**sed at Tony and Arte, we got s**t this offseason, we let Kotchman go for this, and we get Rivera , that is our big gift??? RIVERA??? f**king bulls**t, im so p**sed right now.
  • Brew
  • Veteran

to be fair....no athlete is.

props to them though from getting the players they want.

sooner or later all these expenses have to come and bite them in the ass. or pocket.

well if it gets them a few rings I would say its worth it. I would have to say for the next five years or so, anything other than winning it all is a failure.

Pretty much. Let's just wait and see tampa bay winning the east next year. Epic fail

Originally posted by obx49:

I bet if the Niners were to go out and sign Hayensworth, Housh (won't even try to spell the rest of his name), Jordan Gross, Ray Lewis, and Suggs you would be doing this all day as would I. The Yankees had 88 mil. come off the payroll and added 60 mil. plus on the payroll with a savings of 20 something mil. Please stop the hate and congratulate.

It couldnt happen because there is a salary cap now in the NFL. Plus, every team would have an equal chance to sign the players.

This is not a time to congratulate the Yankees. Let them win a title with all of these superstars before you pop the champagne.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

It couldnt happen because there is a salary cap now in the NFL. Plus, every team would have an equal chance to sign the players.

This is not a time to congratulate the Yankees. Let them win a title with all of these superstars before you pop the champagne.

We (the Niners) are going to be over 30 mil. under the salary cap so yes, we can sign all these players and still have some salary left. By the way, what do you suppose the Yankees do with the excess money left after ridding themselves of 88 mil. in payroll? Would like the ownership to keep that money? Or should they spend it on FAs and insure themselves that they are competing in the toughest division in baseball?

We (the Niners) are going to be over 30 mil. under the salary cap so yes, we can sign all these players and still have some salary left. By the way, what do you suppose the Yankees do with the excess money left after ridding themselves of 88 mil. in payroll? Would like the ownership to keep that money? Or should they spend it on FAs and insure themselves that they are competing in the toughest division in baseball?

Yes.. the toughest division in which the Rays won with a payroll the size of ARODS.
Perhaps they could just have a payroll the size of .. lets see.. the #2 team and not have to pay $27 million in luxury tex. Its a joke and you dont think so simply because you are a Yankee fan.

You are dilisuonal if you think the Niners could sign Hayensworth, Houshmenzadah,
Gross, Lewis, and Suggs. You see.. no team could ever do that because all teams play on an even playing field and no team could ever get all those players. The NFL will always be more popular than MLB because of this . Every fan actually believes that their team has a chance to make the SB within a few years no matter what their team is like.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Yes.. the toughest division in which the Rays won with a payroll the size of ARODS.
Perhaps they could just have a payroll the size of .. lets see.. the #2 team and not have to pay $27 million in luxury tex. Its a joke and you dont think so simply because you are a Yankee fan.

You are dilisuonal if you think the Niners could sign Hayensworth, Houshmenzadah,
Gross, Lewis, and Suggs. You see.. no team could ever do that because all teams play on an even playing field and no team could ever get all those players. The NFL will always be more popular than MLB because of this . Every fan actually believes that their team has a chance to make the SB within a few years no matter what their team is like.

Yea, the Lions have real chance at making the superbowl in two more years...
Share 49ersWebzone