There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

****2014 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Thread****

  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Just heard on espn radio that Boston is close to reaching a deal with tex....

*sigh*...........

I hate Boras
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
In hindsight, we should've just kept Casey Kotchman
  • JR80
  • Member
  • Posts: 1
so with Tex leaving what's the average age of your starting lineup again?

Like 45 or something?

  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
Originally posted by JR80:
so with Tex leaving what's the average age of your starting lineup again?

Like 45 or something?


  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
@%#*
shieeeeettt, i havent been keeping up with the halos, are we any closer to getting manny?
Don't give up yet, Angels fans...

Red Sox owner John Henry says it appears the Red Sox will not be in the running for the services of Mark Teixeira.

--“We met with Mr. Teixeira and were very much impressed with him,” Henry wrote in an email. “After hearing about his other offers, however, it seems clear that we are not going to be a factor.”--
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
ah f**k you Mark Teixeira and f**k you Boras.

We don't want your overpaid ass anymore. Your numbers are not much different than any other player in the FA market right now.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Angels close to resigning Rivera

Angels general manager Tony Reagins will explore the trade market for more offense, starting perhaps with Chicago White Sox sluggers Jermaine Dye and Paul Konerko. The versatile Chone Figgins has been a sought-after figure in trade talks.

Reagins also has conducted conversations recently with the agents for Bobby Abreu, Pat Burrell and Adam Dunn, but thus far the club has no interest in Milton Bradley.

I'd rather keep the players we have now than to pay for any of those names right now
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
Quote:
The Los Angeles Angels on Sunday afternoon withdrew their offer to free-agent slugger Mark Teixeira and do not intend to continue negotiations with his agent, according to a source close to the negotiations.

Believed to have offered about $160 million over eight seasons, the Angels became the second team in recent days to declare the price on Teixeira to be too steep. The Boston Red Sox reached a similar decision Thursday night after meeting with Teixeira and agent Scott Boras. Team owner John Henry issued a statement that concluded, “ … we are not going to be a factor,” though evidence suggests negotiations are not dead.

Sources close to the process said Angels owner Arte Moreno concluded that Teixeira did not intend to play for the Angels and that his team was being used to drive up the price for the other interested clubs.

Also, a source said the Red Sox have not spoken to Boras since Thursday night, when Henry issued his statement.

A source told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday that the Angels would not re-enter the bidding for Teixeira, whom they acquired from the Atlanta Braves at the trade deadline in July.

The Angels’ withdrawal would appear to narrow the field for the switch-hitting Teixeira to the Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles and, presumably, the Red Sox and New York Yankees. It is unknown if the Yankees have made an offer on Teixeira or if the Red Sox’s offer – which a source said is $168 million over eight years – still stands.

The Nationals’ bid reportedly matched the Angels’. The Orioles reportedly were considering whether to add an eighth year to their offer.

Moreno for weeks had led the Angels’ negotiations and abruptly pulled out Sunday amid reports Boras was asking for more than $180 million over eight seasons.

The apparent loss of Teixeira is a big hit for the Angels, who had made him their No. 1 priority after again losing to the Red Sox in the American League Division Series. They’ll now turn their attention to signing closer Brian Fuentes and adding offense through a trade (Jermaine Dye, Paul Konerko) or free agency (Adam Dunn, Pat Burrell).
  • JR80
  • Member
  • Posts: 1
so you traded Kotchman for nothing? Yikes...doesn't look so good in hindsight.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
Originally posted by qnbrew88:
Quote:
The Los Angeles Angels on Sunday afternoon withdrew their offer to free-agent slugger Mark Teixeira and do not intend to continue negotiations with his agent, according to a source close to the negotiations.

Believed to have offered about $160 million over eight seasons, the Angels became the second team in recent days to declare the price on Teixeira to be too steep. The Boston Red Sox reached a similar decision Thursday night after meeting with Teixeira and agent Scott Boras. Team owner John Henry issued a statement that concluded, “ … we are not going to be a factor,” though evidence suggests negotiations are not dead.

Sources close to the process said Angels owner Arte Moreno concluded that Teixeira did not intend to play for the Angels and that his team was being used to drive up the price for the other interested clubs.

Also, a source said the Red Sox have not spoken to Boras since Thursday night, when Henry issued his statement.

A source told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday that the Angels would not re-enter the bidding for Teixeira, whom they acquired from the Atlanta Braves at the trade deadline in July.

The Angels’ withdrawal would appear to narrow the field for the switch-hitting Teixeira to the Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles and, presumably, the Red Sox and New York Yankees. It is unknown if the Yankees have made an offer on Teixeira or if the Red Sox’s offer – which a source said is $168 million over eight years – still stands.

The Nationals’ bid reportedly matched the Angels’. The Orioles reportedly were considering whether to add an eighth year to their offer.

Moreno for weeks had led the Angels’ negotiations and abruptly pulled out Sunday amid reports Boras was asking for more than $180 million over eight seasons.

The apparent loss of Teixeira is a big hit for the Angels, who had made him their No. 1 priority after again losing to the Red Sox in the American League Division Series. They’ll now turn their attention to signing closer Brian Fuentes and adding offense through a trade (Jermaine Dye, Paul Konerko) or free agency (Adam Dunn, Pat Burrell).

it's what i've beeen thinking all along. f**k you Mark. f**k you Boras
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by JR80:
so you traded Kotchman for nothing? Yikes...doesn't look so good in hindsight.

They wanted to trade Kotchman anyway because they said he didn't fit in and was a problem in the clubhouse and they like Morales better.

Still isn't good to lose Tex though.
I guess the Angels got sick and tired of being played by Boras. I understand his role as an agent to get the most money for his client but I hate how he goes about his business.

What I do find interesting is whether he will try to claim some type of collusion given that the Red Sox and Angels both seemed to back away and virtually the same time.

Tex is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. Why on earth would you pass on playing with the Red Sox or Angels and get $160 million??? How much money does one really need? I hope he goes to the Nats and suffers on a losing team. I just pray he doesnt go to the damn Yankees too!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,469
Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
I guess the Angels got sick and tired of being played by Boras. I understand his role as an agent to get the most money for his client but I hate how he goes about his business.

What I do find interesting is whether he will try to claim some type of collusion given that the Red Sox and Angels both seemed to back away and virtually the same time.

Tex is an idiot as far as I'm concerned. Why on earth would you pass on playing with the Red Sox or Angels and get $160 million??? How much money does one really need? I hope he goes to the Nats and suffers on a losing team. I just pray he doesnt go to the damn Yankees too!!!!!!!!!!!!

amen to that