There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

• sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
Sorry, I've been going to games since the Summit and the fans have always been lukewarm at best. What about the "Red Rowdies" How many other teams have actually had to bribe fans to come to games and have some spirit? I don't really think the home record is indicative of the fans, more coicendence. Either way, they should be getting out of the first this year regardless of homecourt.

Maybe...Also been to games from the Summit days (more noise back then) but I still like our fans, maybe a little too polite, but still fine by me...

Red Rowdies are the BOMB...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sarpp:
Sorry, I've been going to games since the Summit and the fans have always been lukewarm at best. What about the "Red Rowdies" How many other teams have actually had to bribe fans to come to games and have some spirit? I don't really think the home record is indicative of the fans, more coicendence. Either way, they should be getting out of the first this year regardless of homecourt.

Maybe...Also been to games from the Summit days (more noise back then) but I still like our fans, maybe a little too polite, but still fine by me...

And most teams have fans like that that pay their own way.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sarpp:

And most teams have fans like that that pay their own way.

Still the concept is pretty cool...not sure most teams have a section like that....
Sure most teams have louder fans, but not really a section like that....
For whatever the reason, the concept was a great idea...Other teams should do it, if they deem necessary
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
It would be an interesting concept, if it wasn't so pathetic. The whole thing was started by JVG because he was tired of playing at home and it being so quiet all the time. He pretty much said it was the worst home crowd anywhere he'd been in the best way possible. So frustrated by this he came up with the idea OF HAVING THIS GROUP OF FANS AT EVERY GAME TO WEAR TEAM COLORS AND CHEER. Even paid for the tix out of his own pocket. Pretty sad. Sorry for the caps.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
It would be an interesting concept, if it wasn't so pathetic. The whole thing was started by JVG because he was tired of playing at home and it being so quiet all the time. He pretty much said it was the worst home crowd anywhere he'd been in the best way possible. So frustrated by this he came up with the idea OF HAVING THIS GROUP OF FANS AT EVERY GAME TO WEAR TEAM COLORS AND CHEER. Even paid for the tix out of his own pocket. Pretty sad. Sorry for the caps.

Agreed, but I think that the Rowdies has evolved a little more since the JVG days.
There seems to be more general desire to be there & make noise & some of the crap they come up with is pretty cool...

Yes, we could be louder but like I said before, we're just too polite...
Yao Video

Get ready for the playoffs!!!
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Yao Video

Great shot by "the Great Wall"
Playoffs baby, we lpaying pretty good...Can u believe we can win teh SW, crazy
Yao Video

Ready!! Double up on your game winners.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Yao Video

Ready!! Double up on your game winners.

Blazers are 10-1 in the last 11 games, Can you guess their ONLY loss during that span??? Not the Lakers, Not the Spurs, Our Rocks 102-88 thump...Season series win, without that shot we sweep Blazers...Trust me, no one in Houston is worried about the young Blazers, not this year at least...
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Come Rocks win tonight & we win SW baby & have shot at 2nd seed...
Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs...
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cavs' New Owners Interested In Signing Yao?

Jun 19, 2009 7:17 AM EST

There is speculation that Cleveland's new Chinese part owners want to bring Yao Ming to the Cavaliers.

Yao called a possible move to Cleveland an "unknown."

"I've already been with Houston for such a long time, I still have much affection for this team," Yao said in a translated interview. "Moreover, this past season we were very successful, and that let me see some hope.

"Regardless of whether its a Chinese boss, or a foreign boss, they're both bosses and a boss is just a boss."

Cleveland has not publicly expressed interest in Yao, but the change in ownership has started rumors.

just picked up UCF SG Jermaine Taylor from Wizards for Cash.
add PG Sergio Llull and SF Chase Budinger to the mix as theve been traded for by the Rockets.

so, that means

32- SG Jermaine Taylor
34- PG Sergio Llull
44- SF Chase Budinger

the picks of Taylor and Budinger, might mean bye bye Wafer, and i see Llull as staying oversea's a little longer.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
add PG Sergio Llull and SF Chase Budinger to the mix as theve been traded for by the Rockets.

so, that means

32- SG Jermaine Taylor
34- PG Sergio Llull
44- SF Chase Budinger

the picks of Taylor and Budinger, might mean bye bye Wafer, and i see Llull as staying oversea's a little longer.

Wafer was decent but a coaches nightmare.
Updated Roster:

PG Aaron Brooks
PG Kyle Lowry
PG Sergio Llull

SG Tracy McGrady
SG James White
SG Jermaine Taylor

SF Shane Battier
SF Chase Budinger
SF Brent Barry

PF Luis Scola
PF Carl Landry