LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Maybe New Orleans is nothing to worry about. What a whippin.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
Maybe New Orleans is nothing to worry about. What a whippin.

I agree, although Chandler didn't play for them, either way we beat the Hornets 3-1 this season, only the Lakers have the edge in the season series (4-0 ouch) every other Western conference team has either tied us (2-2 San Antonio) or lost the series to us 3-1 (Hornets,Blazers,Nuggets) We could actually make the conference finals!

They way we are currently playing, I only worry about the Lakers, everybody else should be beatable...Especially with home court advantage...

If Denver lose in Portland (very probable) & we beat Mavs in Dallas (also probable) then not only do we win the Southwest, but we get the 2nd seed in the West...WOW...That would be a great accomplishment for this team, considering everything thats happened to us...

Personally Rick Adleman should win coach of the year...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I agree Adelman deserves COY. To deal with the injuries and a million line ups and still get a possible top 2 or 3 seed in a competitive west. I don't think any coach has overcome that kind of adersity, but he won't even get mentioned because those awards are a joke anyway.
As far as having a home court advantage, that would be true for most teams, but not Houston. I would say Houston has one of the worst home court "advantages" in the league, always has. People show up late, most of the better seats are courtesy of the oil companies or some other corporation given to people who aren't even casual fans. Watch a game and see if you ever spot the same people in the good seats, especially courtside. You won't. I would say a lot of the time Houston actually looks better on the road. It's funny, the only team in the city to bring a championship home is easily the 3rd most popular.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
I agree Adelman deserves COY. To deal with the injuries and a million line ups and still get a possible top 2 or 3 seed in a competitive west. I don't think any coach has overcome that kind of adersity, but he won't even get mentioned because those awards are a joke anyway.
As far as having a home court advantage, that would be true for most teams, but not Houston. I would say Houston has one of the worst home court "advantages" in the league, always has. People show up late, most of the better seats are courtesy of the oil companies or some other corporation given to people who aren't even casual fans. Watch a game and see if you ever spot the same people in the good seats, especially courtside. You won't. I would say a lot of the time Houston actually looks better on the road. It's funny, the only team in the city to bring a championship home is easily the 3rd most popular.

I tend to disagree, This year the Rocks have been very GOOD at home 33-8 (tied for 2nd best in West) not going to be easy to win at Toyota Center...
We are really playing good defense & that my friend is what you need in the playoffs...Shooting can be off, shots might not be going in, missed free throws, bad refereeing calls, BUT if you play defense the way the Rockets play, they'll have a chance to win every game in the playoffs they play & thats all we can ask for!

Ask the Hornets if they liked our defense last night? Season-low 66 points.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Not only did Hornets ONLY score 66 points, but look at the great CP3 stat line:

9 Points & 7 assists: FIRST time all-season long that CP3 has been held to single digits both in scoring & assits!!! If thats not defense than I don't know what is...
Now if we could only do that to Kobe in the playoffs??? Ok, I should wake up now..
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Sorry, I've been going to games since the Summit and the fans have always been lukewarm at best. What about the "Red Rowdies" How many other teams have actually had to bribe fans to come to games and have some spirit? I don't really think the home record is indicative of the fans, more coicendence. Either way, they should be getting out of the first this year regardless of homecourt.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Sorry, I've been going to games since the Summit and the fans have always been lukewarm at best. What about the "Red Rowdies" How many other teams have actually had to bribe fans to come to games and have some spirit? I don't really think the home record is indicative of the fans, more coicendence. Either way, they should be getting out of the first this year regardless of homecourt.

Maybe...Also been to games from the Summit days (more noise back then) but I still like our fans, maybe a little too polite, but still fine by me...

Red Rowdies are the BOMB...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sarpp:

Maybe...Also been to games from the Summit days (more noise back then) but I still like our fans, maybe a little too polite, but still fine by me...

And most teams have fans like that that pay their own way.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sarpp:

And most teams have fans like that that pay their own way.

Still the concept is pretty cool...not sure most teams have a section like that....
Sure most teams have louder fans, but not really a section like that....
For whatever the reason, the concept was a great idea...Other teams should do it, if they deem necessary
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
It would be an interesting concept, if it wasn't so pathetic. The whole thing was started by JVG because he was tired of playing at home and it being so quiet all the time. He pretty much said it was the worst home crowd anywhere he'd been in the best way possible. So frustrated by this he came up with the idea OF HAVING THIS GROUP OF FANS AT EVERY GAME TO WEAR TEAM COLORS AND CHEER. Even paid for the tix out of his own pocket. Pretty sad. Sorry for the caps.

• sarpp
  • Info N/A
It would be an interesting concept, if it wasn't so pathetic. The whole thing was started by JVG because he was tired of playing at home and it being so quiet all the time. He pretty much said it was the worst home crowd anywhere he'd been in the best way possible. So frustrated by this he came up with the idea OF HAVING THIS GROUP OF FANS AT EVERY GAME TO WEAR TEAM COLORS AND CHEER. Even paid for the tix out of his own pocket. Pretty sad. Sorry for the caps.

Agreed, but I think that the Rowdies has evolved a little more since the JVG days.
There seems to be more general desire to be there & make noise & some of the crap they come up with is pretty cool...

Yes, we could be louder but like I said before, we're just too polite...
Yao Video

Get ready for the playoffs!!!
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Yao Video

Great shot by "the Great Wall"
Playoffs baby, we lpaying pretty good...Can u believe we can win teh SW, crazy
Yao Video

Ready!! Double up on your game winners.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Yao Video

Ready!! Double up on your game winners.

Blazers are 10-1 in the last 11 games, Can you guess their ONLY loss during that span??? Not the Lakers, Not the Spurs, Our Rocks 102-88 thump...Season series win, without that shot we sweep Blazers...Trust me, no one in Houston is worried about the young Blazers, not this year at least...
Share 49ersWebzone