LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

• sarpp
  • Info N/A
67 points in a half!!! Suns shot 67%!!!

I got no words for how badly the Rockets have played so far...Plus we've had ONLY 1 game in the last 7 days there are just no excuses for this!!!

Did someone tell them that after tonight they play @LAL on Friday???
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Truly UNACCEPTABLE the Rockets tonight!!! I know we clinched a playoff spot already, but still need to play better!!!

In these close games down the stretch I actually miss T-Mac, teams had to at least guard him & that opened up more Yao & others. Now teams only focus on Yao, which means Artest ends up putting difficult shots!!!
Originally posted by sarpp:
Truly UNACCEPTABLE the Rockets tonight!!! I know we clinched a playoff spot already, but still need to play better!!!

In these close games down the stretch I actually miss T-Mac, teams had to at least guard him & that opened up more Yao & others. Now teams only focus on Yao, which means Artest ends up putting difficult shots!!!

Don't pout... it will be all over for the rockets after round one...
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Don't pout... it will be all over for the rockets after round one...

Whatever...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I hate west coast games. I tried I really did try and stay awake to watch. Made it to halftime. Glad I did. Nothing worse than staying up late to watch us lose.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
I hate west coast games. I tried I really did try and stay awake to watch. Made it to halftime. Glad I did. Nothing worse than staying up late to watch us lose.

I hear you...I currently live in Europe & I got up at 4am & watched the game until it finished at 6.30am, needless to say that I was tired & p****d! LOL

Oh well, if we beat the Lakers on friday, I'll forgive them for this horrible game!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

I hear you...I currently live in Europe & I got up at 4am & watched the game until it finished at 6.30am, needless to say that I was tired & p****d! LOL

Oh well, if we beat the Lakers on friday, I'll forgive them for this horrible game!

I have a two month old. I sleep when I can get it. Luckily the friday game, although another crappy late start time, is friday, so I can try and convince myslef that since I don't have to work saturday i can stay up. we'll see.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A

I have a two month old. I sleep when I can get it. Luckily the friday game, although another crappy late start time, is friday, so I can try and convince myslef that since I don't have to work saturday i can stay up. we'll see.

My 3 year old daughter keeps me up at night, so its actually easy to watch games
So young, yet she's already pleasing daddy by not sleeping, so that I can follow the Rocks...I tell you these kids today!!!
  • dman
  • Veteran
The Lakers are better than the Rockets.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

No they aren't!!!! They have Shane Battier the Kobe Stopper!!!!
Houston, we have your number.
  • beefn
  • Veteran

That was p**sing me off. Hey Shane it worked once(hand in face)then Kobe practiced/prepared for it and hasn't looked back. You have to be physical with Kobe and try to wear him down, attack him on the offinsive side and hope he misses his shots. Shane doesn't do any of that
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by beefn:

That was p**sing me off. Hey Shane it worked once(hand in face)then Kobe practiced/prepared for it and hasn't looked back. You have to be physical with Kobe and try to wear him down, attack him on the offinsive side and hope he misses his shots. Shane doesn't do any of that

Asked Friday what he did to rile up Bryant in their previous meeting, Artest smiled.

“I called him the worst player in the world,” he said. “I told him he was the worst player I’ve ever seen in my life.

“ … Some people won’t talk to the guy who actually might kill them. I like to talk to the guy who likes to kill me.”

Artest didn’t say much to Bryant on Friday, but he also only guarded him for a few possessions. That assignment went to Battier, who unwittingly provided his own source of motivation for the Lakers. Last month, the New York Times Magazine ran a story by “Moneyball” author Michael Lewis detailing how Rockets GM Daryl Morey has innovatively used statistics when making player assessments.

“The Lakers’ offense should obviously be better with Kobe in,” Morey said in the story. “But if Shane is on him, it isn’t.”

Lakers coach Phil Jackson made sure Bryant read the story. “I told him about his penchant for taking on guys that contest him,” Jackson said, “and, at times, making it mano y mano and taking us out of our game.”

Bryant’s reaction to the story?

“I enjoyed it.”

The result was one of Bryant’s better floor games of the season. He toned down his aggressiveness to set up his teammates, scoring 20 points on just 11 shots.

“He was efficient,” Battier said. “That’s a killer.”

And when Bryant sensed the momentum turning, he rose up, hitting one 3-pointer then another, the second coming off a pick-and-roll that Battier called “the toughest shot in the game.”
Battier is a class act...Artest is a Dbag!
Share 49ersWebzone