There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

• sarpp
  • Info N/A
Honestly the Clippers should play in the D-League...
Originally posted by sarpp:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Houston: T-Mac (before injury, now Yao)
LA: Kobe
Orlando: Howard
Miami: Wade
Cleveland: James

Nice list. I see 4 superstars, a Chinese guy, and 1 droopy-eyed, overrated, injury-prone choke artist.

Hmmm....That Chinese guy happens to be the best Center in the NBA...
And don't even mention Howard or Shaq....NO

You're kidding, right? You honestly would take Yao over Howard? This has to be a joke.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Nice list. I see 4 superstars, a Chinese guy, and 1 droopy-eyed, overrated, injury-prone choke artist.

You're kidding, right? You honestly would take Yao over Howard? This has to be a joke.

Yeap...Yao is the best for what we do on offense, so YES...Howard is more physical, but Yao has a better shot, good low-post moves & shoots 87% from the line...So when you actually foul him, thats 2 automatic points, unlike Howard or Shaq...But hey, I'm a Rocks fan, so who knows...
[ Edited by sarpp on Mar 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM ]
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

Yeap...Yao is the best for what we do on offense, so YES...Howard is more physical, but Yao has a better shot, good low-post moves & shoots 87% from the line...So when you actually foul him, thats 2 automatic points, unlike Howard or Shaq...But hey, I'm a Rocks fan, so who knows...

That's absolutely ridiculous. Howard could be one of the best defensive players to ever play this game when all is said and done. Anything he brings on offense is a bonus. Yao can't touch Howard as far as I'm concerned.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

That's absolutely ridiculous. Howard could be one of the best defensive players to ever play this game when all is said and done. Anything he brings on offense is a bonus. Yao can't touch Howard as far as I'm concerned.

But as far as Howard is concerned, Yao can touch him.

You can't be serious, man...Yao over D12? In any system, NO WAY!
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Sorry fellows...BUT don't come to the Rocks threads & expect to get votes for Howard over Yao...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...

Again I take Yao over Howard anyday...period...Howard will be in town next week to face the Rockets, so we'll see...BTW I think we match up well against the Magic & could put this team away even WITH HOWARD...

Houston@Orlando 100-95
Yao 22pts 13reb 1bs
Howard 13pts 9reb 2bs

Stats don't lie & the Rockets WON in Orlando!!!

@Houston April 7th ???
Probably another Houston win with Yao out-performing Howard, so please give the chinese guy some respect...Howard is great, but Yao is as well & in Houston NO ONE WILL CHOOSE HOWARD OVER " The Great Wall"
I'm guessing even some of your rocket homies wouldn't agree with you on this one. Taking Yao over Howard is going way past average homerism.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
I'm guessing even some of your rocket homies wouldn't agree with you on this one. Taking Yao over Howard is going way past average homerism.

Maybe your right...but I won't be the one to choose Howard over Yao
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

And that's why you will never be hired as a talent scout.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AmpLee:

And that's why you will never be hired as a talent scout.

• Dino
  • Veteran
this is entertaining
Originally posted by Dino:
this is entertaining

Sorta like watching a demolition derby.
2008 Article Yao vs Howard
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
2008 Article Yao vs Howard

Wow, interesting article, but the comments are pretty funny afterwards. I'm glad we have some rules on the WZ to prevent noise like that.
Anyway Yao is far superior offensively and it is true that Yao has won every one on one match up they've ever had. Dwight is a better rebounder and shot blocker. He is more of a traditional center in a league with almost zero traditional centers. I think that makes him look a little better than he really is at this stage in his career. But they are just really different players although there is no comparison talent-wise it's similar to Hakeem vs Shaq in their heyday as far as style. Dream was the more technical player with an array of moves, Shaq was more physical and basically just dunked. Some rate Shaq higher, some Hakeem. Yao and Dwight are looked at similarly. Dwight is younger and less injured for what it's worth. I would take either one right now.