There are 170 users in the forums

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

• sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by sarpp:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Stoney since you're a "moderator" (whatever that silly title means...LOL)
I'll be curious to see if you stick around for the playoffs or if you go and "moderate" something else...LOL

I won't forget your name Stoney...you can count on it...Don't hide...

PS. Good win for the Jazz

Man don't p**s off the Laker Mod they own all the bragging rights against the Jazz.

And yes it was a great win for Utah but they need to step up on this road trip.

LOL...You think I'm a Jazz fan??? Are you kidding me???
I bleed Rocket Red...& yes the Lakers are great, but IMO the Lakers are one-man wrecking machine, if they'd lose Kobe, like we lost T-Mac, they would struggle to make the platoffs, same goes for Cavs without James, ect...Thats why the Rockets have been so impressive this year, without its main player & still playoff bound. Not many other teams could do that...

Moderator or not, Laker fan or not, I'm not backing down to Mr. Stoney....
Bring it on, now that I know he's Laker fan, makes me dislike them even more...

At least we have the 49ers in common...

This from the guy who just happened to wander into Other Sports after 2 years. I've been a Laker fan for over 28 years, bud. I'll be around.

We'll see if you are the one that is around when your rockets take their eventual early exit from the playoffs. And just FYI, you seriously are embarrassing yourself by even trying to compare TMac to Kobe.

Oh Mr. Moderator...please...Read first than talk that might help...LOL
I NEVER said that T-Mac was in the same league than Kobe...Kobe & James are in an elite club, T-Mac is way down the list...What I said is that T-Mac is/was the star/scorer for the Rockets & Kobe is that to the Lakers & IF the Lakers were to lose Kobe they WOULD NEVER, I MEAN NEVER go 16-5 in 21 games without Kobe...
Thats what I meant...

And yes, I only noticed this thread now...sorry...I only joined the Zone for the Niners, not for the Rockets...WOW I'm impressed 28 years...NOT...Been a Rocket fan for about 20 years now...so your point is???

You gotta do better than that Mr. Moderator

Still Lakers are good & "should" win the West...Although I think that a healthy Boston is the team to beat...
[ Edited by sarpp on Mar 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM ]
I'll be curious to see if you stick around for the playoffs or if you go and "moderate" something else...LOL

Man don't p**s off the Laker Mod they own all the bragging rights against the Jazz.

I bleed Rocket Red...& yes the Lakers are great, but IMO the Lakers are one-man wrecking machine, if they'd lose Kobe, like we lost T-Mac, they would struggle to make the platoffs, same goes for Cavs without James, ect...Thats why the Rockets have been so impressive this year, without its main player & still playoff bound. Not many other teams could do that...

This from the guy who just happened to wander into Other Sports after 2 years. I've been a Laker fan for over 28 years, bud. I'll be around.

We'll see if you are the one that is around when your rockets take their eventual early exit from the playoffs. And just FYI, you seriously are embarrassing yourself by even trying to compare TMac to Kobe.

I NEVER said that T-Mac was in the same league than Kobe...Kobe & James are in an elite club, T-Mac is way down the list...What I said is that T-Mac is/was the star/scorer for the Rockets & Kobe is that to the Lakers & IF the Lakers were to lose Kobe they WOULD NEVER, I MEAN NEVER go 16-5 in 21 games without Kobe...
Thats what I meant...

And yes, I only noticed this thread now...sorry...I only joined the Zone for the Niners, not for the Rockets...WOW I'm impressed 28 years...NOT...Been a Rocket fan for about 20 years now...so your point is???

Still Lakers are good & "should" win the West...Although I think that a healthy Boston is the team to beat...

Ok Mr. Member. We'll see if you're around in a month from now. You sure are a whole lot of talk.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A

Thats what I meant...

Ok Mr. Member. We'll see if you're around in a month from now. You sure are a whole lot of talk.

Thats fair...We'll see...

Thats what I meant...

McGrady's barely an average starting SG at this point in his career. He's not even close to being your "main guy" and his role on the Rockets doesn't resemble Kobe's role on the Lakers. By saying that the Lakers would never go 16-5 without Kobe (like the Rockets have done without T-Mac) IS a comparison of the two players, and it's silly.

If Orlando was missing Dwight Howard there's no way that they'd go 20-5 the way the Lakers have without Andrew Bynum.

Or in other words...no s**t, Sherlock. Apples and oranges.
McGrady's game may have slipped, but his eyes are as googly as ever!
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Thats what I meant...

McGrady's barely an average starting SG at this point in his career. He's not even close to being your "main guy" and his role on the Rockets doesn't resemble Kobe's role on the Lakers. By saying that the Lakers would never go 16-5 without Kobe (like the Rockets have done without T-Mac) IS a comparison of the two players, and it's silly.

If Orlando was missing Dwight Howard there's no way that they'd go 20-5 the way the Lakers have without Andrew Bynum.

Or in other words...no s**t, Sherlock. Apples and oranges.

You're not much of a Sherlock Homes yourself...
Kobe means as much to the Lakers as T-Mac meant to the Rockets or at least at the start of the season, clearly the Rockets have adjusted playing a different style of basketball WITHOUT T-Mac, but early on T-Mac WAS the main piece for Rocks. They would go to him late in the game...

ITS NOT a comparison of the 2 players, but JUST a comparison to what they each mean or meant to their teams...Could the Lakers adjust to life without Kobe??? I think not...Rockets have...People believe or at least assume now that Yao has always been our best player, but the truth is when healthy (big if) T-Mac was our best players & go to option down the stretch!

Please...don't COMPARE the IMPORTANCE of Howard to the Magic with Bynum to the Lakers...LOL...Lakers losing Bynum is like the Rockets losing Artest BUT HAVING a healthy T-Mac & Yao...Bynum is the 3rd option at best in LA, behind Kobe & Gasol...Howard is the first option in Orlando!

I think you are comparing Apples & Oranges...Its not about the players quality, but the IMPORTANCE that he has on the teams playbook (first option)

Houston: T-Mac (before injury, now Yao)
LA: Kobe
Orlando: Howard
Miami: Wade
Cleveland: James

If any of these 4 teams were to lose the "first option" they would be in deep s**t!
And would be a .500 team at best...Only team that could play without its "first option" & still be good is Boston; hence why they are World Champs...and they play good D, which helps their game...

We (Rockets) are not as good as any of the above teams (no doubt about it), however we don't get enough credit for the season that we've had, hence the reason WHY Adleman will win Coach of the Year...or at least should!
[ Edited by sarpp on Mar 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM ]
T-Mac has NEVER had the importance to the Rockets that Kobe has had to the Lakers. Am I seriously having this conversation right now?

Don't make me get the hose.
sarpp is killing me with all this. Even more so that it is completely out of nowhere.
sarpp is killing me with all this. Even more so that it is completely out of nowhere.

Maybe he thinks this is 1994.

Should Rocket fans even be allowed to talk trash?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

what the hell is that smiley doing? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

• sarpp
  • Info N/A
WHAT is wrong with you people...

I know those are 4 Superstars & its not 1994. I'm NOT comparing T-Mac with those players, but to us "lowly" Rockets T-Mac (even though a crap player for you guys) was our best players & "go-to-guy"!

We've managed to adjust our game without that person, its really just a simple question: Could any of those for teams play without their best player and have such a good record? Thats all I'm saying... I could use other examples, so that you don't see Superstar:

Utah without Williams
Spurs without Duncan or Manu??? Whats the Spurs record WIHTOUT Manu? I bet its not 16-4!
Suns: Without Amare??? Whats their record NOT 16-4!!!
Denver without Anthony???

What the Rockets have done this season is good...BTW I'm not trashing talking
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A

LOL.....
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dobophile:
Houston: T-Mac (before injury, now Yao)
LA: Kobe
Orlando: Howard
Miami: Wade
Cleveland: James

Nice list. I see 4 superstars, a Chinese guy, and 1 droopy-eyed, overrated, injury-prone choke artist.

Hmmm....That Chinese guy happens to be the best Center in the NBA...
And don't even mention Howard or Shaq....NO
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Boy was that a great year, Rox win, Niners win. Kinda been downhill ever since. And yes, anyone can talk trash apparently. I got heckled at a Niners/Cards game, the first in their new stadium, you know when they were still viewed as turrible. I thought, "really, you guys, worst franchise in sports, talking to me, the proud fan of a 5time champ?" What's worse is we lost the friggin game.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Boy was that a great year, Rox win, Niners win. Kinda been downhill ever since. And yes, anyone can talk trash apparently. I got heckled at a Niners/Cards game, the first in their new stadium, you know when they were still viewed as turrible. I thought, "really, you guys, worst franchise in sports, talking to me, the proud fan of a 5time champ?" What's worse is we lost the friggin game.

Agreed great year 1994....Good old times....
Share 49ersWebzone