LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

2008-09 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Go LAKERS!!!
LOL, look at the difference in talent on these two teams.

2008-09............................2005-06

PG: Derek Fisher...............Smush Parker
SG: Kobe Bryant................Kobe Bryant
SF: Vladimir Radmanovic....Luke Walton
PF: Pau Gasol....................Lamar Odom
C: Andrew Bynum............Chris Mihm
6th: Lamar Odom..............Kwame Brown
7th: The Machine...............Devean George
8th: Jordan Farmar............Sasha Vujacic (who was thankfully traded for The Machine)
9th: Trevor Ariza...............Andrew Bynum (rookie)
10th: Chris Mihm...............Ronny Turiaf (rookie)

Except for Kobe, our bench right now is better than our starting lineup in 05-06.
Bynum Chasing $17M Per Season?
Oct 21, 2008 9:02 AM EST

According to a report published in the L.A. Times, representatives for center Andrew Bynum and the Lakers are still remain far apart on extension negotiations.

Bynum's agent, David Lee, reportedly is seeking a five-year extension worth an estimated $17 million a year, while the Lakers are more comfortable paying Bynum about $10 million a year.

Bynum said he wasn't affected by the ongoing discussions.

"Not really, because if I go out and play the way I'm supposed to, it'll take care of itself," he said.

17 million...a season...lol, thats a s**t load for someone who hasnt played one great full season...
Originally posted by GameOver:
Bynum Chasing $17M Per Season?
Oct 21, 2008 9:02 AM EST

According to a report published in the L.A. Times, representatives for center Andrew Bynum and the Lakers are still remain far apart on extension negotiations.

Bynum's agent, David Lee, reportedly is seeking a five-year extension worth an estimated $17 million a year, while the Lakers are more comfortable paying Bynum about $10 million a year.

Bynum said he wasn't affected by the ongoing discussions.

"Not really, because if I go out and play the way I'm supposed to, it'll take care of itself," he said.

17 million...a season...lol, thats a s**t load for someone who hasnt played one great full season...

Yeah seriously... 17 mil a season? Is that the reason he picked 17 as his jersey number
Typical negotiation stuff, I'm not worried. Hell, I'd like $17M too...doesn't mean that I'm gonna get it though.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Typical negotiation stuff, I'm not worried. Hell, I'd like $17M too...doesn't mean that I'm gonna get it though.

I bet he could get $17M per on the FA market. Bigs of his caliber are a rare comodity. He would be stupid to settle for anything less than max.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

I bet he could get $17M per on the FA market. Bigs of his caliber are a rare comodity. He would be stupid to settle for anything less than max.

Yeah I'm sure he can...but hes RFA next summer so if anyone makes an offer to Baby Bynum next summer the Lakers can simply match...So they don't really have to sign him this year. Lakers can use this to their advantage..
Originally posted by 9erReign:

And if my grandma had nuts, she's be my grandpa.

Point being, he's not on the FA market, and won't be for two years. Therefore, if he'd like the security of a long term contract long before the Lakers need to make the deal, he's going to need to give something up. As much as I love Bynum's game, the fact of the matter is that he's had half of a stellar season and is coming off of injury and the Lakers want to see more before they max him out. If he plays his ass off, he'll have a max deal waiting for him at the end of the year. If he wants a deal done now, with legit questions about his future being unanswered, he's going to have to take a little bit less.

But at the end of the day, I can't think of a single good player that the Lakers wanted to keep, but lost. It'll get done.
kobe hurts up his knee tonight, just saw it on espnews

hyper-extended is the term they used. It didnt look real serious, but you never know
Originally posted by ads_2006:

hyper-extended is the term they used. It didnt look real serious, but you never know

Yeah Im watchign the game...Kobe said it wasn't serious...jus bumped knees. He came back out in street clothes and was walking around so I think hes fine.

[ Edited by socalfan21 on Oct 21, 2008 at 21:42:12 ]

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Yeah Im watchign the game...Kobe said it wasn't serious...jus bumped knees. He came back out in street clothes and was walking around so I think hes fine.

Lets hope.
Let's hope it's just a little thing.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Damn. Just barely heard about it.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Damn. Just barely heard about it.

• dman
  • Veteran
He should be fine

From the LA Times:

The injury is not considered serious, and an MRI exam is not scheduled for today unless he wakes up and experiences pain.

"We'll see how it feels [today]. It's sore," Bryant said in a brief interview before ducking into a dark sports utility vehicle that was waiting in the Sports Arena loading dock.

An hour earlier, Bryant expressed relief to teammates upon realizing the injury wasn't serious. He told some he had never experienced the feeling of a hyperextended knee and initially feared it to be worse.
Share 49ersWebzone