There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Cal Bears Thread

Link

Already excited for next season. Any zoners know about Cal's upcoming recruiting class? Ive heard they have a few player who were 4 & 5 star ratings. GO BEARS
Originally posted by AC49er:
Link

Already excited for next season. Any zoners know about Cal's upcoming recruiting class? Ive heard they have a few player who were 4 & 5 star ratings. GO BEARS

http://cal.rivals.com/

No 5 star recruits, but five 4-star guys - a QB, DT, LB, RB, and DB.
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Link

woot woot!
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Link

Thanks looks like a pretty good class coming in. We were a relatively young team last year so with the growth from last years 9-4 season, we can challange USC for the Pac-10 title!!!
  • JR80
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3804083

Tedford gets an extension!

I still don't understand all the Tedford haters out there. He's the best thing to happen to the California football program in the modern era. Nearly impossible to find a coach who will stick with, and build a mid-level program into a top tier one like he has.
Originally posted by JR80:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3804083

Tedford gets an extension!

I still don't understand all the Tedford haters out there. He's the best thing to happen to the California football program in the modern era. Nearly impossible to find a coach who will stick with, and build a mid-level program into a top tier one like he has.

Tedford put CAL football back on the map. He is the man. I totally agree with you and am pumped they signed him to an extension!....GO BEARS!
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Originally posted by NickV:

How about winning a bigger trophy ????

After the game when Jahvid was asked about the Heisman Trophy next season, his response was they are going to win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Hey !! Was just messin' around.

I'm a HUGE Miami fan but Cal is my 2nd favorite team.

I'll bet my house that Cal ain't gonna win a National Championship , next year.

Win the PAC-10 first.
Anybody watch the under armor all-american game? Cal got one of the top OL men in the country!!!! A potential replacement for Mack

Link
Anybody watch the under armor all-american game? Cal got one of the top OL men in the country!!!! A potential replacement for Mack

Link

Good game. That center was a real nice notch in Cal's belt.

Barkley killed it though! Future SC signal caller!
rivals have us ranked at 12 in the top 25 for 2009

dont know if it means anything, thought it was interesting
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I hope Riley can step it up
  • JR80
Originally posted by teeohh:

I hope Brock Mansion can step it up

Yeah Riley has been too erractic to be our QB. Brock is a Monster and would like to see him get a chance. Also the Bears have a 4-star QB coming onto the squad next year. Im not saying he will start as a true freshmen but will hopefully push our QB's to be better.

Yeah Riley has been too erractic to be our QB. Brock is a Monster and would like to see him get a chance. Also the Bears have a 4-star QB coming onto the squad next year. Im not saying he will start as a true freshmen but will hopefully push our QB's to be better.

I totally agree.
The pre-ranking is a big deal. If we are started out in a decent position, maybe we can actually get a good ranking in the season. Sometimes it takes to long to crack the top 10 if you don't start there. Besides, it helps hype J Best for the start of the year. Anything to help put the school on the map. It helps recruiting, TV which is money for the program, etc. This eyewash stuff is huge in College football. Hopefully this time, when they get a decent rank, we don't lose to a bad team. That seems to be our MO. The loss to Maryland this year shouldn't have happened. They were a good team, but we didnt start playing until the 3rd quarter.
Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:

I totally agree.
The pre-ranking is a big deal. If we are started out in a decent position, maybe we can actually get a good ranking in the season. Sometimes it takes to long to crack the top 10 if you don't start there. Besides, it helps hype J Best for the start of the year. Anything to help put the school on the map. It helps recruiting, TV which is money for the program, etc. This eyewash stuff is huge in College football. Hopefully this time, when they get a decent rank, we don't lose to a bad team. That seems to be our MO. The loss to Maryland this year shouldn't have happened. They were a good team, but we didnt start playing until the 3rd quarter.

How amazing would it be for a Saturday night game at Memorial vs. USC with the whole gameday crew there!!!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home