LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Official Cal Bears Thread

Originally posted by AC49er:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I'm glad all of you saw the game yesterday and saw what a good offense looks like. Tedford knows how to build one.

Bluefalcon and I are going to start a PR campaign in another week or three -- start beating the drum so to speak -- to make a case for Jeff Tedford as the new coach of your struggling and inept San Francisco 49'ers.

I know that many of you who post regularly in this thread are Cal alum or big time Cal fans -- and the last thing you want to see is Tedford leave the Cal program. The Bears are one he** of a good football team -- and that streak of great play started the moment Tedford took over.

As Cal fans you have got to know that Tedford would immediately transform this wretched team into a team to be watched. He did it in just his first season with Cal -- transforming a 1-11 team under Tom Holmoe into 7-5 winners. He has had the Bears gunning for National Championship consideration ever since.

In short -- I can think of no better coach -- no better candidate -- to restore the 49'er franchise. Imagine what Tedford can do with a San Francisco 49'er QB -- any QB.

But the most successful grass-roots PR campaigns have one basic requirement. They need people. A lot of people. People writing letters, posting on blogs, calling the 49'er brass. People make the difference.

Are any of you interested? PM me if you want to help.

You stay away from our coach. He's OURS. Cal football has been the only Bay Area football team watchable year after year and if you take Tedford away s**t will hit the fan. Go find another coach

You're missing the point. At some point -- Cal will lose Tedford. It's gonna happen. Some pro team is going to throw a lot of money at this man and Bear Nation will not be able to compete.

Knowing that you probably will lose him if he continues to win like he has -- where would you rather see him go? The RAMS?

JR -- you bring up some valid points. But remember -- Bill Walsh had NO NFL head coaching experience when he was hired by the Niners. True -- he had been an assistant with the Bengals. I'm not denying this.

But his only two years of HC experience before the Niners came at Stanford.

Yes, he's proof that college coaches can do well on the professional football level.

And if you've bought into yet another late season surge under Singletary -- the same type of late-season surges that gave us false hopes about Nolan -- well -- shame on you.
I'm glad all of you saw the game yesterday and saw what a good offense looks like. Tedford knows how to build one.

Bluefalcon and I are going to start a PR campaign in another week or three -- start beating the drum so to speak -- to make a case for Jeff Tedford as the new coach of your struggling and inept San Francisco 49'ers.

I know that many of you who post regularly in this thread are Cal alum or big time Cal fans -- and the last thing you want to see is Tedford leave the Cal program. The Bears are one he** of a good football team -- and that streak of great play started the moment Tedford took over.

As Cal fans you have got to know that Tedford would immediately transform this wretched team into a team to be watched. He did it in just his first season with Cal -- transforming a 1-11 team under Tom Holmoe into 7-5 winners. He has had the Bears gunning for National Championship consideration ever since.

In short -- I can think of no better coach -- no better candidate -- to restore the 49'er franchise. Imagine what Tedford can do with a San Francisco 49'er QB -- any QB.

But the most successful grass-roots PR campaigns have one basic requirement. They need people. A lot of people. People writing letters, posting on blogs, calling the 49'er brass. People make the difference.

Are any of you interested? PM me if you want to help.

You stay away from our coach. He's OURS. Cal football has been the only Bay Area football team watchable year after year and if you take Tedford away s**t will hit the fan. Go find another coach

You're missing the point. At some point -- Cal will lose Tedford. It's gonna happen. Some pro team is going to throw a lot of money at this man and Bear Nation will not be able to compete.

Knowing that you probably will lose him if he continues to win like he has -- where would you rather see him go? The RAMS?

JR -- you bring up some valid points. But remember -- Bill Walsh had NO NFL head coaching experience when he was hired by the Niners. True -- he had been an assistant with the Bengals. I'm not denying this.

But his only two years of HC experience before the Niners came at Stanford.

Yes, he's proof that college coaches can do well on the professional football level.

And if you've bought into yet another late season surge under Singletary -- the same type of late-season surges that gave us false hopes about Nolan -- well -- shame on you.

You make a valid point but you look down south and you see a man who could go to the NFL whenever he wants and hasn't gone yet? Pete Carroll has build a dynasty down there in LA and loves the school and people so much. Im not saying Tedford is on the same level as Carroll but Tedford loves where he is at. Another thing to bring up is that Tedford has been pushing for a new student-athlete workout center that finally got improved. he was the main supporter of that and you think he will just up and leave before the thing is even buit? Tedford has turned this program around full tilt and I hope he is the coach to finally see the Bears in the Rose Bowl
where can you get emerald bowl tix?
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
where can you get emerald bowl tix?

[url=emeraldbowl.cstv.com]Emerald Bowl Website[/url]

Looks like the cheapest tix are about $40. Im sure you could find them cheaper on stubhub or something like that
I have hated "the U" forever. They used to get so much hype. I can't stand that team. I can't wait to see CAL run wild on Miami.

GO BEARS!
Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:
I have hated "the U" forever. They used to get so much hype. I can't stand that team. I can't wait to see CAL run wild on Miami.

GO BEARS!

lmao I'm actually extremely excited about this game for the fact that The U is my 2nd favorite college football team, and they got a very good team that will only be better next year. I believe they are projected to be in the NC in 2010 or something along those lines
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I'm excited for this game! I don't think i will be able to go to it because its on Dec 27th and I will probably be out of town....does anyone know if the game will be shown on ESPN?
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Jahvid Best, Alex Mack, Zack Follett and Syd'Quan Thompson all earned first team Pac-10 honors.

Originally posted by NickV:
Jahvid Best, Alex Mack, Zack Follett and Syd'Quan Thompson all earned first team Pac-10 honors.

Originally posted by NickV:

Awesome...Syd'Quan deserves respect. I love his game. I hope someone drafts him when he comes out. I get scared because he is small and they always mention that. I know he is only a junior. He is one of my favorite Bears!

Originally posted by JR80:
Got this stat of ESPN:

Class Breakdown
Freshmen.......50
Sophomores...24
Juniors...........20
Seniors..........19

And here are the only seniors of note that we'll lose:

LaReylle Cunningham (WR)
Anthony Felder (LB)
Zack Follett (LB)
Alex Mack (C)
Will Ta'ufo'ou (FB)
Worrell Williams (LB)
we just signed one on the best MLB's from Milpitas hs. Ranked #24 MLB in the nation

we're also in the hunt for the #1 DE in the nation from some hs in WA
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billybonka:
Got this stat of ESPN:

Class Breakdown
Freshmen.......50
Sophomores...24
Juniors...........20
Seniors..........19

And here are the only seniors of note that we'll lose:

LaReylle Cunningham (WR)
Anthony Felder (LB)
Zack Follett (LB)
Alex Mack (C)
Will Ta'ufo'ou (FB)
Worrell Williams (LB)

we just signed one on the best MLB's from Milpitas hs. Ranked #24 MLB in the nation

we're also in the hunt for the #1 DE in the nation from some hs in WA

good s**t! I know we signed a dope CB already, but that's even more good news!
Overall it's a good season to integrate the young guys. Although it was frustrating to watch sometimes, they did do exactly what I expected out of them. I knew the offense would struggle after losing their starting wr core.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rmexicojr:
Overall it's a good season to integrate the young guys. Although it was frustrating to watch sometimes, they did do exactly what I expected out of them. I knew the offense would struggle after losing their starting wr core.

exactly. I think now that there will be no more QB controversy I think we can settle down and hopefully Riley will begin to build a repertoire with the wide outs we have.
Originally posted by rmexicojr:

exactly. I think now that there will be no more QB controversy I think we can settle down and hopefully Riley will begin to build a repertoire with the wide outs we have.

Hopefully our WR gained some good experience this year and will return next season and become an even bigger part of the offense. Just think what a healthy OL will do next year for Riley, JB, Shane, and our WR
Share 49ersWebzone