There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

University of Hawaii Warriors Football 2012

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Would you guys take Hawaii -2 over Washington State? I'm thinking of making that bet, because I watched WSU a lot last year and they were probably the worst team in all of college football.

But your comments about UH worries me...worth betting on them, or no?

Honestly, I would probably take WSU, I know you should never bet against your team, but IMO, don't bet with your heart, you lose if you do.

But how is WSU's defense, that's the question?? Hawaii had a hard time against Central Arkansas....who the flock is Central Arkansas???

Haha, that's what I'm wondering. I'm on the East Coast for this fall so I can't watch any Hawaii games, so I don't know anything about the team. I do know WSU got blown out 37-13 by Stanford last weekend...so it's not like they're on their way or anything.

Hmmm, maybe I should just avoid that game...it sounds like it could be scary.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Would you guys take Hawaii -2 over Washington State? I'm thinking of making that bet, because I watched WSU a lot last year and they were probably the worst team in all of college football.

Honestly, I would probably take WSU, I know you should never bet against your team, but IMO, don't bet with your heart, you lose if you do.

But how is WSU's defense, that's the question?? Hawaii had a hard time against Central Arkansas....who the flock is Central Arkansas???

Haha, that's what I'm wondering. I'm on the East Coast for this fall so I can't watch any Hawaii games, so I don't know anything about the team. I do know WSU got blown out 37-13 by Stanford last weekend...so it's not like they're on their way or anything.

Hey I don't about your region but the game is televised on FSNW in Tucson.
Originally posted by AZ9er:

Went to the game. Turnover fest. Damn never heard of Greg Salas. Good playmaking receiver for the Warriors.

Part of the recap at cnnsi.com lol:

Even Hawaii's linemen were faster than Washington State's defensive backs. When Chima Nwachukwu picked up a fumble by Alexander at the Cougars 1 midway through the second quarter - 1 yard from Hawaii going up 42-0 - he briefly appeared free for a 99-yard score down the sideline. Then Warriors right tackle Laupepa Letuli ran him down and pushed him out of bounds at the WSU 31.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Ho Brah, da Warriors wen beat one Pac10 team on da road, das pretty good huh. Ho, 453 yds for Alexander and 626 total yds foa da team das awesome but you know what, I no like all the turn ovas dey had. But good ting was dey was clicking on offense in da first half and maybe dey wen slack little bit in the 2nd half. Hey I neva see UNLV play but I tink da Warriors get chance next week. No matter what, going be one good game.

Hana Hou!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Went to the game. Turnover fest. Damn never heard of Greg Salas. Good playmaking receiver for the Warriors.

Part of the recap at cnnsi.com lol:

Even Hawaii's linemen were faster than Washington State's defensive backs. When Chima Nwachukwu picked up a fumble by Alexander at the Cougars 1 midway through the second quarter - 1 yard from Hawaii going up 42-0 - he briefly appeared free for a 99-yard score down the sideline. Then Warriors right tackle Laupepa Letuli ran him down and pushed him out of bounds at the WSU 31.

I was at the game too, freaking Wazzu fans (well the young ones) got no class, threw some chips into our crowd and about 15 of us were ready to rain on them, till my wife had to break us all up.

LOL I was at Qwest field shouting GO 9ERS to all the wazzu fans!!!

BTW, that was a clean hit wazzu fans!!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Hey, do you all think Hawaii has chance against UNLV, the Offense seemed to click with Rolo calling the play (albeit with help) but we seem to be clicking and there is a ton of confidence (again albeit beating the worst team in the PAC-10 to BCS division) with the road win. I don't know I got a good feeling about this game, I hope they can pull it off.

Go Fo Broke, Warriors!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hey, do you all think Hawaii has chance against UNLV, the Offense seemed to click with Rolo calling the play (albeit with help) but we seem to be clicking and there is a ton of confidence (again albeit beating the worst team in the PAC-10 to BCS division) with the road win. I don't know I got a good feeling about this game, I hope they can pull it off.

Go Fo Broke, Warriors!

I agree, with Rolo calling plays we seemed to click more, we need to leave the play calling up to him. We also seem more aggressive when Rolo calls plays.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Hoo Boy, that was one they should have won. Last team with the ball was going to win or first team to have a turn over in the 2nd half was going to lose. But in all they played hard on the road and had a chance to win, I hope they can really take some positives out of this loss and channel it into a win at La Tech. I like what I see out of this team Pilares played great as did the rest of the WRs, Leon Jackson, so so, but I really felt they went all pass and did not give the run game a chance. I think they should use the shovel pass a lot more like they did with Ilaoa. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I really think this team can compete for the WAC, IF they can beat La Tech on the road, I think they have a great chance to beat Boise and Fresno at home.

Like I said wishful thinking. I just hope they have a few more televised games that I can watch
Man, I found this game in the 3rd qtr yesterday and thought it could get interesting. What a friggin' game it turned out to be. I thought Hawaii had this one. What a heartbreaker.

Oh yeah, and this is easily one of the greatest thread titles on the WZ. It makes me laugh every time I see it.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Sep 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM ]
Hoo Boy, that was one they should have won. Last team with the ball was going to win or first team to have a turn over in the 2nd half was going to lose. But in all they played hard on the road and had a chance to win, I hope they can really take some positives out of this loss and channel it into a win at La Tech. I like what I see out of this team Pilares played great as did the rest of the WRs, Leon Jackson, so so, but I really felt they went all pass and did not give the run game a chance. I think they should use the shovel pass a lot more like they did with Ilaoa. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I really think this team can compete for the WAC, IF they can beat La Tech on the road, I think they have a great chance to beat Boise and Fresno at home.

Like I said wishful thinking. I just hope they have a few more televised games that I can watch

no kidding..... i can't even find an online stream to watch.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
One thing to frickin say.....Damn defense.

don't we say that every year?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Our LB's and Safeties are always one step behind the receiver on the underneath routes, that's where UNLV ate us up at. Should've went to a 4-2-5 or a Dime defense since they were pretty much in passing mode the last 5 mins of the game.

Freakin Spencer Smith (FS) was getting burnt time and time again, he needs tighten up. Aaron Brown and Kenny Estes are much quicker than him, why aren't they starting over him??
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran

Our LB's and Safeties are always one step behind the receiver on the underneath routes, that's where UNLV ate us up at. Should've went to a 4-2-5 or a Dime defense since they were pretty much in passing mode the last 5 mins of the game.

Freakin Spencer Smith (FS) was getting burnt time and time again, he needs tighten up. Aaron Brown and Kenny Estes are much quicker than him, why aren't they starting over him??

I know that Phillip Payne kid was eating up our DBs in the 2nd half.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I know that Phillip Payne kid was eating up our DBs in the 2nd half.

Haole receiver right, number 88 I think he was??
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com