LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

University of Hawaii Warriors Football 2012

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by RogueStout:
HAWAII MOVING TO THE MWC IN 2012 or 2013!!!!!!

Finally some respect!!!!!

link

Congrats but I don't know if I would say it is about respect. This almost certainly means TCU will be receiving an all-sports invite to the Big East.

The MWC has (almost) officially become the WAC 2.0.

What a shame for that Conference. Every time it looked like they were on the verge of getting AQ status a team leaves.

If Utah/BYU/TCU had stuck around, then you throw in Boise State, Hawaii, Fresno and Nevada paired with San Diego's resurgence and Air Force's dependable 8 wins and there is no way anyone could have said the Big East or ACC were more deserving of an auto bid to a BCS game.

Damn right its about respect, Hawaii has been the longest member of the WAC with 32 years, you think we'd get an invite if we only were a .500 team?? No sir.

And I didn't know TCU is about to leave the MWC, when is this bound to happen??

A lot of speculation that the announcement will be forthcoming within the next week or so.

With Utah leaving for the PAC 12 and now TCU leaving, then yah I agree WAC 2.0.

But I'm more excited about the BYU vs. Hawaii rivalry starting back up.

Oh I bet you are!

Some CLASSIC wacky-WAC battles from back in the day.

Didn't you guys crush their BCS dreams one year also? Or was that before the BCS, cannot remember... But BYU was ranked VERY high and Hawaii pulled the rug out iirc.

I know that all the Hawaii fans I run across still have a chip about BYU. Good stuff.
HONOLULU (AP)—Former University of Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan and two women were seriously injured in a two-car crash on Hawaii’s Big Island.

Brennan’s agent, Ryan Tollner, issued a statement saying Brennan was transported to Honolulu for further medical treatment after being taken to Kona Community Hospital on Friday. Tollner said Brennan’s condition was serious.

Big Island police say Brennan was a passenger in an SUV driven by Shakti Stream. They say she crossed the centerline on Queen Kaahumanu Highway near Makalawena in North Kona and collided head-on with sedan driven by a Waikoloa woman.

Stream was also taken to Kona Community Hospital, while the other woman was transported to North Hawaii Community Hospital.

While at Hawaii, Brennan became the NCAA career leader in touchdown passes, throwing 131 TDs from 2005-07.

He finished third in the voting for the Heisman Trophy in 2007 and was Washington’s 2008 sixth-round draft pick. He was released by the Redskins before the start of training camp this year and was later let go by the Oakland Raiders. He had a workout with the Houston Texans last month.

That is awful.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
HONOLULU (AP)—Former University of Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan and two women were seriously injured in a two-car crash on Hawaii’s Big Island.

Brennan’s agent, Ryan Tollner, issued a statement saying Brennan was transported to Honolulu for further medical treatment after being taken to Kona Community Hospital on Friday. Tollner said Brennan’s condition was serious.

Big Island police say Brennan was a passenger in an SUV driven by Shakti Stream. They say she crossed the centerline on Queen Kaahumanu Highway near Makalawena in North Kona and collided head-on with sedan driven by a Waikoloa woman.

Stream was also taken to Kona Community Hospital, while the other woman was transported to North Hawaii Community Hospital.

While at Hawaii, Brennan became the NCAA career leader in touchdown passes, throwing 131 TDs from 2005-07.

He finished third in the voting for the Heisman Trophy in 2007 and was Washington’s 2008 sixth-round draft pick. He was released by the Redskins before the start of training camp this year and was later let go by the Oakland Raiders. He had a workout with the Houston Texans last month.

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
WHAT HAPPENED
Colt Brennan was a passenger in an SUV driven by his girlfriend, Shakti Stream. They were headed north on Queen Kaahumanu Highway near the 90-mile marker at about 9:30 a.m. yesterday. Stream told police the brake malfunctioned, causing the SUV to cross the center line and collide head-on with a Saab sedan driven by a 47-year-old woman, a source said, adding that neither vehicle was speeding.

WHO WAS HURT
» Colt Brennan: He suffered cracked ribs, an injured left collarbone and possible head trauma; taken to Queen's hospital yesterday.

» Shakti Stream: Brennan's girlfriend sustained a broken collarbone; was hospitalized in Kona overnight.

» Second driver: An unidentified woman, 47, had serious leg injuries; taken to an Oahu hospital yesterday.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
On a lighter note:

How do you guys feel about Hawaii joining the MWC in football?

Personally I think it is good, it revives old WAC rivalries, however it does suck for the remainder of the WAC. I wonder how much they will have to pay the WAC to leave.

On another note, I think it sucks for the Basketball team to a have to join the Big West Gib Arnold seems to be doing a good job.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Whooop Whooop!

I know beating San Jose is no beeegeee but was fun watching the Warriors kick butt!!

And watching BJ win, woooooo, winnnnaaaa, brah!
9-3 with UNLV last on the schedule at home.

Damn Green with 300+ rushing yards (I know it's just NMSU).

What bowl are we going to? We're not just limited to the Hawaii bowl with a 10 win season (*knock on wood*) season right?
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
HAWAII MOVING TO THE MWC IN 2012 or 2013!!!!!!

Finally some respect!!!!!

link

Congrats but I don't know if I would say it is about respect. This almost certainly means TCU will be receiving an all-sports invite to the Big East.

The MWC has (almost) officially become the WAC 2.0.

What a shame for that Conference. Every time it looked like they were on the verge of getting AQ status a team leaves.

If Utah/BYU/TCU had stuck around, then you throw in Boise State, Hawaii, Fresno and Nevada paired with San Diego's resurgence and Air Force's dependable 8 wins and there is no way anyone could have said the Big East or ACC were more deserving of an auto bid to a BCS game.

Damn right its about respect, Hawaii has been the longest member of the WAC with 32 years, you think we'd get an invite if we only were a .500 team?? No sir.

And I didn't know TCU is about to leave the MWC, when is this bound to happen??

A lot of speculation that the announcement will be forthcoming within the next week or so.

With Utah leaving for the PAC 12 and now TCU leaving, then yah I agree WAC 2.0.

But I'm more excited about the BYU vs. Hawaii rivalry starting back up.

Wait isn't BYU going independent and agreed to schedule Hawaii when Hawaii was in the WAC, will they still play if Hawaii in the MWC?

But anyway, Congrats to the Warriors Co-WAC Champs!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Hawaii vs Tulsa should be a fun one

Anyone think Green gets drafted? I am assuming Salas goes in the 4th-5th rds.

Originally posted by AZ9er:

What about Pilares? 6th-7th?
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Yeah, I can see that, but his height may be a negative. I think if he had been used as a punt/kick return man then I would say for sure. He seems like a really good kid so will be pulling for him.

Yeah, I can see that, but his height may be a negative. I think if he had been used as a punt/kick return man then I would say for sure. He seems like a really good kid so will be pulling for him.

Salas should get drafted.
Green can get in for his athleticism....

for Pilares i most likely see him as a UDFA.
Poor Pilares--any news on his injury?

Salas was solid as usual.

Tulsa's D really figured out Moniz in the 1st half. Sheesh, 6 ints?

Too bad Hawaii's defense fell apart in the 2nd half...could have been a game.
Poor Pilares--any news on his injury?

Salas was solid as usual.

Tulsa's D really figured out Moniz in the 1st half. Sheesh, 6 ints?

Too bad Hawaii's defense fell apart in the 2nd half...could have been a game.

Salas to niners?
Share 49ersWebzone