There are 247 users in the forums

University of Hawaii Warriors Football 2012

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Ho gonna be a tough one up at Utah St. Go Warriors!

Yup, we loss last time we was there, but the defense wasn't this good.

i dunno what to say.

10 win season?

Could be Ha-y-n!!!

Shiiiit how come we don't get invited to the MWC, I think we could be pretty decent there. The freaking WAC is really gonna be wac now that Boise, Fresno and Nevada is leaving.

Hawaii should try to get into that Pac -12 or whatever its gonna be...come on, the school is in the middle of the fricken Pacific, how much more Pac can you get?

I dunno but I agree with you. But I don't think Hawaii's recruiting budget could hang with the PAC-12. I think if they upped their budget to at least $200,000 we'd be able to get some top tier players and possibly hang, but IMO our chances are better in the MWC.

Yeah that's true, its more wishful thinkin on my part, but yeah the whole budget thing is very true. They may have had a chance if June Jones stuck around or really built on what he had, but then again I also don't see the PAC-12 teams willing to travel to Hawaii so much. The MWC is definitely the more realistic chance, but hey, with those schools leaving, Hawaii can just focus on dominating the WAC..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

i dunno what to say.

10 win season?

Could be Ha-y-n!!!

Shiiiit how come we don't get invited to the MWC, I think we could be pretty decent there. The freaking WAC is really gonna be wac now that Boise, Fresno and Nevada is leaving.

Hawaii should try to get into that Pac -12 or whatever its gonna be...come on, the school is in the middle of the fricken Pacific, how much more Pac can you get?

I dunno but I agree with you. But I don't think Hawaii's recruiting budget could hang with the PAC-12. I think if they upped their budget to at least $200,000 we'd be able to get some top tier players and possibly hang, but IMO our chances are better in the MWC.

Yeah that's true, its more wishful thinkin on my part, but yeah the whole budget thing is very true. They may have had a chance if June Jones stuck around or really built on what he had, but then again I also don't see the PAC-12 teams willing to travel to Hawaii so much. The MWC is definitely the more realistic chance, but hey, with those schools leaving, Hawaii can just focus on dominating the WAC..

Problem is, the WAC commissioner might make the WAC even more weak with adding teams like Cal Poly, UC Davis and Texas State. And if that happens SOS would screw up Hawaii even more, it would be like a tougher version of the Great West.

Hawaii needs to get outta the WAC......and fast!!!

i dunno what to say.

10 win season?

Could be Ha-y-n!!!

Problem is, the WAC commissioner might make the WAC even more weak with adding teams like Cal Poly, UC Davis and Texas State. And if that happens SOS would screw up Hawaii even more, it would be like a tougher version of the Great West.

Hawaii needs to get outta the WAC......and fast!!!

latest i heard is the football team going independent. that would be upgrade too IMO. (w/ the rest of the clubs going to the big west.

Less expenses for travel and an opportunity to play more big name teams, and more exposure!
SPOILER

GREAT GAME TODAY. think we can break into the top 25 after this game?
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
SPOILER

CheeeeeeeeWhooooooo! Great game, who would have thought that we could win consistently on the road! Now they just gotta beat Boise!

And unfortunately, no top 25 until they win more!
SPOILER

CheeeeeeeeWhooooooo! Great game, who would have thought that we could win consistently on the road! Now they just gotta beat Boise!

And unfortunately, no top 25 until they win more!

it's possible. Beat a top 25 team, then follow it up by demolishing a team you're supposed to demolish on the road.

you're probably right though. they'll just say that Nevada was overrated to begin win......
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Hawaii is rolling, now that they have a legit run game, any of you think they got a shot at beating Boise at Boise? I think it is going to be a great competitive game.

Not gonna pick a winner I no like jinx da team yeah.
Hawaii is rolling, now that they have a legit run game, any of you think they got a shot at beating Boise at Boise? I think it is going to be a great competitive game.

Not gonna pick a winner I no like jinx da team yeah.

we're gonna get destroyed!!!!
the spread opens at -27 in favor of Boise St.

half n hour later, the spread is adjusted to -22.
the spread opens at -27 in favor of Boise St.

half n hour later, the spread is adjusted to -22.

you kill me Wall

Cheee heee boys!

I don't think we can beat Boise at Boise but I sure hope we do.

-
[ Edited by 49ersNoKaOi on Nov 3, 2010 at 7:51 AM ]
Vegas > Me.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Damn that was a disappointing game, how is it possible that you don't target Salas more often? Or if they are double teaming him that you can't complete passes to other recievers, I know Pilares was out but come on, the guys are decent.

Also why can't the craft more plays for Green, dude is a huge back, relative to Hawaii standards, give him more run options please.

Oh well, they just need to run the table and hope for a good opponent in the Hawaii bowl, maybe a Pac-10 team?
Damn that was a disappointing game, how is it possible that you don't target Salas more often? Or if they are double teaming him that you can't complete passes to other recievers, I know Pilares was out but come on, the guys are decent.

Also why can't the craft more plays for Green, dude is a huge back, relative to Hawaii standards, give him more run options please.

Oh well, they just need to run the table and hope for a good opponent in the Hawaii bowl, maybe a Pac-10 team?

Salas was not doubled, the Boise State D Line absolutely overwhelmed the Hawaii O Line and Moniz could not handle the pressure. He was sacked 7 times and was wildly inaccurate.

This game perfectly illustrated the problem with the Run and Shoot. Without TE's and a full backfield, when faced with a dominant Defensive Line (and Boise State has an elite D Line that could match up with any team in the country) the QB is a sitting duck. Normally even a minimal amount of time and someone like Moniz, who is not a great QB, but good enough to get the ball off quickly to an area, will pick apart of a Defense by having so many weapons out running the field. But Boise State was literally in the backfield before his Receivers could make their first moves.

Boise State does not have a great secondary (although I think Iloka is a fantastic Safety) but they were able to do their job well enough and when the Hawaii Receivers did make catches they did not get any YAC.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogueStout:

Salas was not doubled, the Boise State D Line absolutely overwhelmed the Hawaii O Line and Moniz could not handle the pressure. He was sacked 7 times and was wildly inaccurate.

This game perfectly illustrated the problem with the Run and Shoot. Without TE's and a full backfield, when faced with a dominant Defensive Line (and Boise State has an elite D Line that could match up with any team in the country) the QB is a sitting duck. Normally even a minimal amount of time and someone like Moniz, who is not a great QB, but good enough to get the ball off quickly to an area, will pick apart of a Defense by having so many weapons out running the field. But Boise State was literally in the backfield before his Receivers could make their first moves.

Boise State does not have a great secondary (although I think Iloka is a fantastic Safety) but they were able to do their job well enough and when the Hawaii Receivers did make catches they did not get any YAC.

Thanks that makes a ton of sense.
Share 49ersWebzone