LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Heard a rumor today, wanted to know if anyone could verify:

My friend lives in SoCal and spars with one of Victor Ortiz's sparring partners. Apparently, he told my friend that Ortiz has signed a contract to fight PBF in September and the winner to have a fight with Pacman.

Now, my friend has been known to trick me on occasion, but I'm hoping someone else may have heard or have seen it posted online....God I hope it's true!!!!!!!

Suppesedly they are trying to find an opponent for a PBF comeback fight.
JMM vs Pac III sounds likely in November
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

I wanted Pac to fight Ortiz.

ZZzzZzzZZzZzZZz.. what's the point???
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

So Pacquiao can finally shut Marquez up

For me I'd rather watch Pac fight Ortiz or Bradley.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

I expect a snoozer too, but Arum's gonna hype this one because it's a trilogy and probably the most profitable fight for him aside from PBF.
There's something about Bob Arum that makes me want to punch him right in the face.

Good performance by bay area's own Andre Ward last night, looks like he's gonna win the Super Six
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Good performance by bay area's own Andre Ward last night, looks like he's gonna win the Super Six
I forgot about this tournament. This has been going on for a while now.

In other news...Floyd is still running.
An article about my cousin.

Christopher Martin.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

At what weight class? JMM is suited perfectly for 133. No way Pac goes that low ever again. If the fight is 140 and over, easy win for Pac.
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:

At what weight class? JMM is suited perfectly for 133. No way Pac goes that low ever again. If the fight is 140 and over, easy win for Pac.

If the fight gets signed (and I hope it doesn't) it's going to be at 140+ and Marquez would get whooped, IMO. Then he's going to continue to talk more s**t because he wasn't comfortable at 140+
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

If the fight gets signed (and I hope it doesn't) it's going to be at 140+ and Marquez would get whooped, IMO. Then he's going to continue to talk more s**t because he wasn't comfortable at 140+

Agreed. I would love to see Pac/JMM but only at 133.

If Pac/Floyd can't get done, I'd like to see him fight Martinez at 150. I don't think there's a welterweight or Jr. Welterweight (140-147) that can handle him.

Agreed. I would love to see Pac/JMM but only at 133.

If Pac/Floyd can't get done, I'd like to see him fight Martinez at 150. I don't think there's a welterweight or Jr. Welterweight (140-147) that can handle him.

I know Martinez would be a popular fight amongst us, but I don't see Arum considering it due to the size differential. Martinez at almost 6 ft tall and 155+.

The catch weight is set at 144Lbs.
Share 49ersWebzone