There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Planning my party.... You'd be surprised how many people are not willing to part with TEN dollars for food and the fight. Grrrr.
poor mosley.. he's not going to see these punches coming
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Planning my party.... You'd be surprised how many people are not willing to part with TEN dollars for food and the fight. Grrrr.

How bout you lower it to $5, have them bring food and make it a potluck?

i wouldn't charge my friends to be honest.. maybe tell em to bring some drank or food though

What time should I arrive?
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

i wouldn't charge my friends to be honest.. maybe tell em to bring some drank or food though

Nope not me. A sixty dollar hit on MY cable bill and have u come over eatin up all my tortillas, wakamole and carne asadas. I thinks not.

BTW Pacman is going down. You here me DOOOOOWN!

Nope not me. A sixty dollar hit on MY cable bill and have u come over eatin up all my tortillas, wakamole and carne asadas. I thinks not.

What do you base your prediction on?
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

50/50

50- What I want to happen.

Other 50 is based on movement and hand speed.

Haha It should be great because Manny makes you fight.

Whatta u see?

[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:08:18 ]

50/50

Whatat u see.

I see Mosley coming at Manny the first 4 rounds. he will try to set the straight right hand with the weak jab. manny will just stay outside and move away. After the 5th Manny will start to close the gap and Mosley will try and make a war out of it. it will not be a 1 punch KO, but the speed and combos will get to Shane by the 8th round. it will be stopped at the 9th.The only variable I see is if Shane leads with the straight right and catches Manny coming in and finishes with the left to the body. At this point I dont think Shane can pull the trigger on multiple shot combos on a fast guy like Manny. The first 4 I think are critical for Manny to stay on the outside. Mosley still has power in that right and Manny eats alot of those.

50/50

Whatat u see.

I see Mosley coming at Manny the first 4 rounds. he will try to set the straight right hand with the weak jab. manny will just stay outside and move away. After the 5th Manny will start to close the gap and Mosley will try and make a war out of it. it will not be a 1 punch KO, but the speed and combos will get to Shane by the 8th round. it will be stopped at the 9th.The only variable I see is if Shane leads with the straight right and catches Manny coming in and finishes with the left to the body. At this point I dont think Shane can pull the trigger on multiple shot combos on a fast guy like Manny. The first 4 I think are critical for Manny to stay on the outside. Mosley still has power in that right and Manny eats alot of those.

I agree but Manny does not stop punching. I am curious to see both fighters stamina levels. Will Manny have to expend more energy against Sugars skill set? I think if Mosley can stay smart and not lose himself like Cotto did IMO it will be great.

[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:24:52 ]
My cousin fights May 20th in Costa Mesa. It will be televised on Telefutura.

Huerta to face Martin

In a crossroads battle between young Southern California fighters, one fighter hopes to rebound from defeat in his last bout, while the other hopes to remain unbeaten. Golden Boy Promotions matchmaker Eric Gomez confirmed to Fightnews.com that Charles Huerta will drop down to 122 pounds and take on unbeaten Christopher Martin in a 10 round bout on May 20th. The bout will headline a Solo Boxeo Tecate card at the Hangar at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, CA. Also on the card is unbeaten Carlos Molina taking on former world title belt challenger Angel Chacon in an eight round bout.

“We might make the Huerta-Martin bout for a minor title,” said Gomez, who is also Golden Boy’s Vice President. Huerta, (16-2-1, 9 KO’s) from Paramount, CA, lost an eight round split-decision at the hands of unbeaten Raul Hirales, Jr. in January. The loss snapped a five-bout winning streak for Huerta. Making 122 pounds should not be difficult for Huerta as he has fought around 124 pounds in his last five bouts.

Martin, (21-0-2, 6 KO’s) from Chula Vista, CA, won an eight round unanimous decision over Yogli Herrera in December. The San Diego-based Martin is best remembered for his 10 round split decision victory over heralded Chris Avalos in August. The 24 year old Martin is ranked in the top 10 in two of the sanctioning bodies.

This is a Fight Club OC Special Edition show and a co promotion of Golden Boy Promotions and Roy Englebrecht Promotions. Tickets for the show are now available at $30 at www.fightcluboc.com.

Yuriorkis Gamboa Arrested and Charged With Domestic Violence

Featherweight titlist Yuriorkis Gamboa was arrested and charged with domestic violence, reports NBC Miami.

The former Olympic gold medalist for Cuba was arrested this morning, but details have not yet been released. Gamboa (20-0, 16 KO) has become a rising star and is considered by many to be the world's best featherweight. He last fought in March, demolishing Mexico's Jorge Solis inside of four rounds.

Gamboa, who is married with a daughter, fled his home country about four years ago with Cuban teammates Odlanier Solis and Yan Barthelemy. He first arrived in Colombia, before making his way to Germany, where he signed with Ahmet Oner and Arena-Box. Eventually, Gamboa moved to Miami after signing a co-promotional deal with Bob Arum's Top Rank.

Nearly all of Gamboa's professional career has been televised in either the United States or Germany, and he has quickly risen to the top of the featherweight ranks since turning pro in April 2007. We'll have more details on the arrest when they become available.
Heard a rumor today, wanted to know if anyone could verify:

My friend lives in SoCal and spars with one of Victor Ortiz's sparring partners. Apparently, he told my friend that Ortiz has signed a contract to fight PBF in September and the winner to have a fight with Pacman.

Now, my friend has been known to trick me on occasion, but I'm hoping someone else may have heard or have seen it posted online....God I hope it's true!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Heard a rumor today, wanted to know if anyone could verify:

My friend lives in SoCal and spars with one of Victor Ortiz's sparring partners. Apparently, he told my friend that Ortiz has signed a contract to fight PBF in September and the winner to have a fight with Pacman.

Now, my friend has been known to trick me on occasion, but I'm hoping someone else may have heard or have seen it posted online....God I hope it's true!!!!!!!

I hope its' not true.

Ortiz isn't on their level.
Hell, if he lost to Berto, he might have been two more losses on the way out.
Mosley pulled a Camacho on us