LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttt?

No f'n way.

Ortiz beats Andre Berto?
Ortiz fought a hell if a fight. Hopefully now berto's name doesn't get thrown in there as serious opposition for pac or Floyd. This almost certainly clinches a Marquez pacquiao 3 in the fall.

I don't think vicious stays at welter...too many fights that he can now take at 140.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Ortiz fought a hell if a fight. Hopefully now berto's name doesn't get thrown in there as serious opposition for pac or Floyd. This almost certainly clinches a Marquez pacquiao 3 in the fall.

I don't think vicious stays at welter...too many fights that he can now take at 140.

Hella great weekend for boxing!!!!

1. Khan in controversial decision (granted McCloskey wasn't doing shyt)

2. JuanMa upset by Salido (although the match shouldn't have been stopped, it was also understandable from the 20 seconds prior b/c JuanMa missed hella punches and was staggering for a good 30 seconds before he connected with the left)

3. Current ranking fight of the year in Ortiz/Berto. Best match I've seen in the welterweight division in the past 5 years. Berto wasn't underprepared, they were just that evenly matched. Give props to both, but Berto will need a rematch to get his street-cred back

Future matches I'm hoping for b/c of this weekend:

- Salido/Gamboa II: Salido looked 1000x better than his previous bout with Gamboa. The controversial TKO will inspire for a rematch with JuanMa, but if Salido is back to form, a unification bout would lead the winner to a potential superbout vs JuanMa.

- Ortiz/Berto II: I thought about having a rematch with Maidana at welterweight, but a rematch with Berto would be too good to pass up. Wouldn't be surprised to see this as an undercard before a larger PPV event

- Khan vs Bradley: The two best junior welterweight fighters in an all-out war. Winner would face Maidana if no rematch made

Man this was a bad-@ss weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Crazy49er1313 on Apr 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM ]
WHOA BABY!

I like how Berto's face goes from really mean looking to the Mike Tyson Punch Out face when he gets hit.

That was soo exciting when Ortiz was on the way out and BAM! Down goes Berto.

Damn.

Ortiz had the eye of the tiger. No joke!

Usually he goes in there with smiles and phaggotyness,but this time he came in there ready for war.You could tell from his face , he was ready to battle.No smiles no fan b.s.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
WHOA BABY!

I like how Berto's face goes from really mean looking to the Mike Tyson Punch Out face when he gets hit.

That was soo exciting when Ortiz was on the way out and BAM! Down goes Berto.

it's like, BAM! werreereeewerewwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr
*waits for Golden Boy to put Ortiz in with Morales*
i gotta watch this when i get home.
So what's next for King Serg'?

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Dunno.

But I'd love to see him fight Cotto at 154.

Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Dunno.

But I'd love to see him fight Cotto at 154.

not too many options right now for him. he needs to either come down or go up and take on the best of those divisions. I can see fighters avoiding him like the plauge.
this is my cousin's next fight. After 5 mnonths of inactivity i am a little concerned with this fight. I talked to Chris last night and he says he feels good. This kid Huerta is no joke thou.

In a crossroads battle between young Southern California fighters, one fighter hopes to rebound from defeat in his last bout, while the other hopes to remain unbeaten. Golden Boy Promotions matchmaker Eric Gomez confirmed to Fightnews.com that Charles Huerta will drop down to 122 pounds and take on unbeaten Christopher Martin in a 10 round bout on May 20th. The bout will headline a Solo Boxeo Tecate card at the Hangar at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, CA. Also on the card is unbeaten Carlos Molina taking on former world title belt challenger Angel Chacon in an eight round bout.

“We might make the Huerta-Martin bout for a minor title,” said Gomez, who is also Golden Boy’s Vice President. Huerta, (16-2-1, 9 KO’s) from Paramount, CA, lost an eight round split-decision at the hands of unbeaten Raul Hirales, Jr. in January. The loss snapped a five-bout winning streak for Huerta. Making 122 pounds should not be difficult for Huerta as he has fought around 124 pounds in his last five bouts.

Martin, (21-0-2, 6 KO’s) from Chula Vista, CA, won an eight round unanimous decision over Yogli Herrera in December. The San Diego-based Martin is best remembered for his 10 round split decision victory over heralded Chris Avalos in August. The 24 year old Martin is ranked in the top 10 in two of the sanctioning bodies.

This is a Fight Club OC Special Edition show and a co promotion of Golden Boy Promotions and Roy Englebrecht Promotions. Tickets for the show are now available at $30 at www.fightcluboc.com.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
this is my cousin's next fight. After 5 mnonths of inactivity i am a little concerned with this fight. I talked to Chris last night and he says he feels good. This kid Huerta is no joke thou.

In a crossroads battle between young Southern California fighters, one fighter hopes to rebound from defeat in his last bout, while the other hopes to remain unbeaten. Golden Boy Promotions matchmaker Eric Gomez confirmed to Fightnews.com that Charles Huerta will drop down to 122 pounds and take on unbeaten Christopher Martin in a 10 round bout on May 20th. The bout will headline a Solo Boxeo Tecate card at the Hangar at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, CA. Also on the card is unbeaten Carlos Molina taking on former world title belt challenger Angel Chacon in an eight round bout.

“We might make the Huerta-Martin bout for a minor title,” said Gomez, who is also Golden Boy’s Vice President. Huerta, (16-2-1, 9 KO’s) from Paramount, CA, lost an eight round split-decision at the hands of unbeaten Raul Hirales, Jr. in January. The loss snapped a five-bout winning streak for Huerta. Making 122 pounds should not be difficult for Huerta as he has fought around 124 pounds in his last five bouts.

Martin, (21-0-2, 6 KO’s) from Chula Vista, CA, won an eight round unanimous decision over Yogli Herrera in December. The San Diego-based Martin is best remembered for his 10 round split decision victory over heralded Chris Avalos in August. The 24 year old Martin is ranked in the top 10 in two of the sanctioning bodies.

This is a Fight Club OC Special Edition show and a co promotion of Golden Boy Promotions and Roy Englebrecht Promotions. Tickets for the show are now available at $30 at www.fightcluboc.com.

He'll kick @$$
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
is there no hbo 24/7 for the upcoming pac/mosley fight?

They are doing it through NBC I think?

Showtime! Check youtube and search 'Pacquiao Mosley 360'

360 isn't as good/dramatic.. i like 24/7 way better
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
is there no hbo 24/7 for the upcoming pac/mosley fight?

They are doing it through NBC I think?

Showtime! Check youtube and search 'Pacquiao Mosley 360'

360 isn't as good/dramatic.. i like 24/7 way better

I was thinking the same thing. 24/7 adds little subplots to their footage. 360's didn't really have any of that.
Share 49ersWebzone