LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Martinez calling out Manny and PBF!

Those pus*ies don't want none!

They'll wait 3-4 years or get want a next to near impossible dehydrated catch weight

Pus*sies huh? As an avid fan of boxing, I consider ANYONE who laces em up a man of courage and heart. People are quick to call a boxer a bum when he loses...that simply amazes me. Why don't you lace em up right now and fight an amateur - you'd get KTFO!
Originally posted by 49ersquire:
Martinez calling out Manny and PBF!

Those pus*ies don't want none!

They'll wait 3-4 years or get want a next to near impossible dehydrated catch weight

Pus*sies huh? As an avid fan of boxing, I consider ANYONE who laces em up a man of courage and heart. People are quick to call a boxer a bum when he loses...that simply amazes me. Why don't you lace em up right now and fight an amateur - you'd get KTFO!

I boxed a lil at the boys club.

I'll fight Pac.

I'll hit that fool with the boot and DDT.lol

replaying the Pac/Barrerra 1 and Pac /Morales 1 fights on HBO

Morales was in his last legs,but nearly ko's and cuts Pac in the fifth.BTW they looked at Pac's cut for like a good 3 minutes giving him time to recoup. JC Chavez was in Morales' ringside/corner at the time and probably laid some info on how to beat Pac.

If Barerra doesn't get flashed Ko'ed, he wins easy.

Morales in his prime would've beaten Pac easy, but the Barerra wars weakend him.

Pac is beatable, but you have to have all the tools, especially have the intellegence like Morales did.
replaying the Pac/Barrerra 1 and Pac /Morales 1 fights on HBO

Morales was in his last legs,but nearly ko's and cuts Pac in the fifth.BTW they looked at Pac's cut for like a good 3 minutes giving him time to recoup. JC Chavez was in Morales' ringside/corner at the time and probably laid some info on how to beat Pac.

If Barerra doesn't get flashed Ko'ed, he wins easy.

Morales in his prime would've beaten Pac easy, but the Barerra wars weakend him.

Pac is beatable, but you have to have all the tools, especially have the intellegence like Morales did.

No s**t, all fighters are beatable at some point, especially Pacman early in his career. He was an overly aggressive southpaw with decent technique. If it wasn't for Morales, Pacman would've never gotten to where he is. Here's a quick overlook:

1. Wasn't for that loss, Pacman wouldn't have improved his technique. Since then, his technique matches his high levels of speed and power.

2. Barrera boosted his confidence to fight better fighters like Marquez, Morales, Diaz, Hatton, etc. Sure, he got the flash KO, but I bet you wouldn't say if Paul Williams didn't get flash KO'ed, he'd have out-pointed Martinez.

3. The Hatton fight forced him to learn how to fight right-handed, which now has made him one of the deadliest fighters in the sport (examples can be shown with the decimated brain of Hatton, Cotto's family who left the stadium to stop seeing the abuse, Clottey's admittance of true defeat, and Margarito's remodeled face due to lack of cheek bones)

So yes, everyone is beatable, but the great ones learn from every fight they've been in and apply it to future bouts, which shows in Pacman's current dominance.

Yes, fans like you and I want him to fight guys like Martinez at 154lbs, Marquez at catch-lightweight (Pacman would have to drop down to 134lbs from 145lbs), and especially PBF (won't happen, but never say never).

Do see Marquez as the most possible bout since Pacman doesn't wanna fight at Middleweight again, but Martinez has enough competition at the Junior middleweight to middleweight to keep him happy for the rest of his career. Marquez has been wanting a rematch since 3-15-2008, and would bring in great money, especially if they fight on Mexican Independence day in September , though would most likely be later so Manny could lose the weight.

And there's my procrastinating two cents, need to get back to lab work, lol
this gamboa cat is a beast!
Jorge Solis lookin confused like Alex Smith
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

yo he looked drunk
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

yo he looked drunk

Solis wanted out by the end of the first. Gamboa looks more poised. Solid win for him.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

yo he looked drunk

Solis wanted out by the end of the first. Gamboa looks more poised. Solid win for him.

Gamboa fought like he had four arms, that was stupid speed, so fast when it hits you you're straight stupid

Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia will be a good fight b/c they both have nasty speed. Though, a fight with JMM would be pretty sweet
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

yo he looked drunk

Gamboa fought like he had four arms, that was stupid speed, so fast when it hits you you're straight stupid

Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia will be a good fight b/c they both have nasty speed. Though, a fight with JMM would be pretty sweet

Mikey looked good also but hitable at times. No way he van stand to Gamboas power for the long run. Would still be fun to watch. If the JM Lopez fight comes thru that would be fight of the year.

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

yo he looked drunk

Mikey looked good also but hitable at times. No way he van stand to Gamboas power for the long run. Would still be fun to watch. If the JM Lopez fight comes thru that would be fight of the year.

+1
I can't be the only one here that saw the Pascal-Hop II press conference: Pascal demanding Hopkins to take a drug/doping/blood test:

I can't be the only one here that saw the Pascal-Hop II press conference: Pascal demanding Hopkins to take a drug/doping/blood test:

lol damn! b-hop was ready to choke his a55 out
watching the Maidana vs Khan replay from Dec.

DAAAAAAAAMN

Khan was ko'ed standing in the tenth!
Khan ran for his life lol Damn good fight. His youth and conditioning helped him stay alive.

Khan has alot of holes for a ''champion.''

I love Morales, but Maidana is a machine.

Pac before his trip back to the States.
Share 49ersWebzone