There are 186 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
well Floyd JUST called MMA a ''gay sport,'' because of all the jui jitsu so, yeah.Shots fired. When and if he outboxes your boy Conor, the great white hype, just like Nate Diaz did, MMA is gonna still complain.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/03/12/mayweather-on-mma-real-men-dont-fight-between-a-mans-legs/
i hope floyd whoops that ass. If this ever even happens.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Chocolatito fight was good!

It was but they let that cut go on for too long imo.

kinda sucks he took the L.. these fights have been tougher for him ever since he moved up in weight

started with arroyo. Chocolatito just took one step too far man. Damn.

On another note, I rewatched Garcia v Thurman and HOOOOOOOLLLYYYY s**t those dudes are trash lmfao. There is 0 damn doubt in my mind that a 38 yr old pakeeyao outboxes the s**t out of both of them in the same night. I mean Garcia has some boxing abilities in setting some traps, but JESUS H CHRIST Thurman is so cringy to watch. HE THROWS HOOKS AND UPPERCUTS FROM LONG RANGE FFS!!!!!!
Originally posted by BenQ:

On another note, I rewatched Garcia v Thurman and HOOOOOOOLLLYYYY s**t those dudes are trash lmfao. There is 0 damn doubt in my mind that a 38 yr old pakeeyao outboxes the s**t out of both of them in the same night. I mean Garcia has some boxing abilities in setting some traps, but JESUS H CHRIST Thurman is so cringy to watch. HE THROWS HOOKS AND UPPERCUTS FROM LONG RANGE FFS!!!!!!

Haha, damn man.

Haha, damn man.
Dafuq Thurman is the truth imo
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Haha, damn man.
Dafuq Thurman is the truth imo

ya if you DKSAB
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
anyone catch Linares put on a masterclass against Crolla? Unnecessary rematch to begin with but you can't deny Linares has some of the smoothest combinations in the game, like a taller Juan manuel marquez, except Dinamita had a chin.

130, 135, and 140 arguably has 3 top 5 p4p champs in Lomagringo, Mikey, and Bud Crawford, and Linares is in the mix. How do ya'll see those fights playing out if they happen? I feel confident Hitek beats all but Bud, Mikey only beats Linares, Linares is competitive with all but ultimately wins none, and Bud beats all but I'm not confident that he beats Hitek.

This is all just a roundabout way of me saying that Crawford and Loma should fight and idk who tf wins that fight. Loma has boxed circles around speed (gary russell), power (walters), and size (also walters), but none who's had all three plus the boxing iq to match, and I think Crawford has all 4 of those factors. At the same time Bud never been in there with someone who fights in the matrix. Could 140 be a step too far for Loma the way 115 was for Chocolatito?
APRIL 8, 2017

MGM National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD, USA (HBO / BoxNation)
:: Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Jason Sosa
:: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Michael Hunter
:: Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Yunieski Gonzalez
:: Mike Reed vs. Reyes Sanchez
:: Jesse Hart vs. Alan Campa

Manchester Arena, Lancashire, UK (BoxNation / BT)

:: Terry Flanagan vs. Petr Petrov
:: Liam Williams vs. Liam Smith
:: Jack Catterall vs. Martin Gethin
:: Jimmy Kelly vs. Rick Godding

Oasis, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico (Televisa)

:: Cristian Mijares vs. Tomas Rojas
:: Edgar Jimenez vs. Aaron Alameda

Tepic, Mexico

:: Jose Argumedo vs. Gabriel Mendoza

APRIL 9, 2017

Nokia, Los Angeles, CA, USA (PBC on FS1)

:: Josesito Lopez vs. Saul Corral
:: Alejandro Luna vs. Andrey Klimov
Im going to the Lopez/Luna fight on Sunday. A few gym mates will be fighting and want to see Maricela Cornejo.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Im going to the Lopez/Luna fight on Sunday. A few gym mates will be fighting and want to see Maricela Cornejo.
is she fighting also ?

Damn rough scrap going on right now!

Got dayum vasyl has hands
Call me a hater but how TF is Vasyl keeping this pace up? I smell foul. Manny p foul.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Apr 8, 2017 at 9:25 PM ]
Got it dvr'd.. who should he fight next though?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Lomachenko is such a skilled fighter, I love watching him work.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Got it dvr'd.. who should he fight next though?

Linares, Mikey, and then clear out 126, 130, 135 and become a 3 division undisputed champ. I just think Crawford at 140 is a step too far out of his weight range, so as a fan of hitek I hope he doesn't take that fight, but as a fan of boxing hell yes
Share 49ersWebzone