LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

who is the guy t-bud fighting? is he good?
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Molina is a great watch. Not the most skilled but can take a beating and still throw those things lol. I expect Molina to land a couple shots on gp but Im pretty sure buds speed will make this a one sided event.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Dec 6, 2016 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
correct thread.

McGregor now a licensed boxer in California. Is asking Floyd for $100 million which is a very reasonable asking price for a fight that will make Floyd at least $300 million possibly more.

Ball is in Floyd's court now, his move to make. If this is such an easy fight for him, what is there to be afraid of? Go make a historic amount of "easy" money, take your record to a perfect 50-0, and call it a career.

I think Floyd may be scared, because he knows damn well the level of boxer McGregor is, and all it takes is one punch to tarnish his perfect record.

Floyd aint fighting no more.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
correct thread.

McGregor now a licensed boxer in California. Is asking Floyd for $100 million which is a very reasonable asking price for a fight that will make Floyd at least $300 million possibly more.

Ball is in Floyd's court now, his move to make. If this is such an easy fight for him, what is there to be afraid of? Go make a historic amount of "easy" money, take your record to a perfect 50-0, and call it a career.

I think Floyd may be scared, because he knows damn well the level of boxer McGregor is, and all it takes is one punch to tarnish his perfect record.

even if he does, he's not going to agree that CM will get 100, when Floyd is the money maker
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
correct thread.

even if he does, he's not going to agree that CM will get 100, when Floyd is the money maker

Floyd aint the only money maker in that fight. They both are the highest earners in their sports history, boxing just has a larger fan base. And McGregor acknowledges that, that's why he is giving Floyd the advantage, fighting in his sport, and willing to give him 3x more of the purse than he is asking for. This will make signifcantly more than the Pacquiao fight.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Molina is a great watch. Not the most skilled but can take a beating and still throw those things lol. I expect Molina to land a couple shots on gp but Im pretty sure buds speed will make this a one sided event.

Molina's last fight against Provodnikov showed that he now knows how to throw a jab. If Molina had a puncher's chance in this fight, its his overhand right, which is especially easier to land against someone in the southpaw stance. We'll see how long bud will wait to switch into southpaw.

Bud by UD. Wouldn't be surprised to see a stoppage for bud tho.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
I watched the replay of the fight

I had Ward winning a definite 6 rounds with a couple that could have also went his way.

Ward controlled the fight basically from the 5th round on

Ledermans scorecard was absolutely terrible and i think that swayed a lot of peoples opinions

I think you hit it on the head. Because he had it wide for Kovalev, people seem to think it was a robbery. But the SKY broadcast team had it for Ward like a lot of the UK fans.

It was a very tight fight that could have gone either way.

I thought the definite rounds for each fighter were:

Kovalev: 1, 2, 6, 10.
Ward: 5, 7, 8, 9, 11

That leaves the 3rd, 4th, and 12th.

I gave Ward the 3rd and 12th rounds while I gave Kovalev the 4th.

If I flip the 3rd or 12th to Kovalev, then I have him winning by a point.

Really good overall fight. The rematch should be close again, but I think Ward's class shows late in that fight and he leaves no doubt unlike this time.

Lomachenko on the other hand is amazing. Doesn't really have much competition at 130, but Arum keeps throwing out Pacquiao at 140.

It definitely wasn't a robbery, was a very close fight. But I thought Kovalev should've won, or it should have been a draw. Can't take the belt from Kovalev in that narrow of a decison. If Ward was the champ I'd understand the decison more.
correct thread.

Floyd aint the only money maker in that fight. They both are the highest earners in their sports history, boxing just has a larger fan base. And McGregor acknowledges that, that's why he is giving Floyd the advantage, fighting in his sport, and willing to give him 3x more of the purse than he is asking for. This will make signifcantly more than the Pacquiao fight.

I can't stand Floyd, but there is now way he would lose. He taking the biggest risk here if he fights this carnival fight. Mcgregor is just another person trying to hype up something when there's nothing.

This would be like the rocky 3 Thunder Lips vs The Italian Stallion fight lol

Fk Floyd, but he's just too good and smart enough to command almost all of the purse
correct thread.

I can't stand Floyd, but there is now way he would lose. He taking the biggest risk here if he fights this carnival fight. Mcgregor is just another person trying to hype up something when there's nothing.

This would be like the rocky 3 Thunder Lips vs The Italian Stallion fight lol

Fk Floyd, but he's just too good and smart enough to command almost all of the purse

I agree Floyd is the heavy favorite, but don't count Conor out, his boxing skills are better than most boxers today. Problem is though, they are both counter fighters. But Floyd is so patient, Conor will attack knowing Floyd won't, thus it will lead to Floyd out pointing him and winning a decison. But make no mistake about it, Conor is capable of KOing Floyd. He has a signifcant size and strength advantage, and all it takes is one punch.

But with that said, I think Conor against Canelo or Pacquiao would be a better fight. And De La Hoya is trying to make it happen.
I agree Floyd is the heavy favorite, but don't count Conor out, his boxing skills are better than most boxers today. Problem is though, they are both counter fighters. But Floyd is so patient, Conor will attack knowing Floyd won't, thus it will lead to Floyd out pointing him and winning a decison. But make no mistake about it, Conor is capable of KOing Floyd. He has a signifcant size and strength advantage, and all it takes is one punch.

But with that said, I think Conor against Canelo or Pacquiao would be a better fight. And De La Hoya is trying to make it happen.

Have you seen him an an actual professional boxing match?

Have you seen him an an actual professional boxing match?

He was an amtuar boxing champion in Ireland, and was a boxer before turning to MMA. I couldn't find any videos of his boxing matches other than sparring, but I don't need to in order to study and recognize his boxing skills. I have watched every match in his MMA career, and his boxing skills are superb. The best boxer in UFC history, his counter striking and timing is incredible, great head movement, has a terrific left hand straight that could KO anyone and beautiful uppercuts. I box and train muay thai so I understand the art, I know a great boxer when I see one. Only 2 MMA fighters could have ever had successful careers as boxers: Conor McGregor and Anderson Silva. Trust me he is no joke. Just take the time to watch some of his highlights to see how good his hands are.
He was an amtuar boxing champion in Ireland, and was a boxer before turning to MMA. I couldn't find any videos of his boxing matches other than sparring, but I don't need to in order to study and recognize his boxing skills. I have watched every match in his MMA career, and his boxing skills are superb. The best boxer in UFC history, his counter striking and timing is incredible, great head movement, has a terrific left hand straight that could KO anyone and beautiful uppercuts. I box and train muay thai so I understand the art, I know a great boxer when I see one. Only 2 MMA fighters could have ever had successful careers as boxers: Conor McGregor and Anderson Silva. Trust me he is no joke. Just take the time to watch some of his highlights to see how good his hands are.

ok man. Wonder why he didnt pursue boxing tho

I dont think he is a joke however there is a huge difference when you don't have the luxury of using your legs as defensive/offensive tools. IMO in spacing, timing and balance are key. From what i've seen those attributes are not as important in the ufc. IMO mma guys are more often than not off balance and swinging with their heads down which leads to ground game.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Dec 8, 2016 at 12:08 AM ]

I dont think he is a joke however there is a huge difference when you don't have the luxury of using your legs as defensive/offensive tools. IMO in spacing, timing and balance are key. From what i've seen those attributes are not as important in the ufc. IMO mma guys are more often than not off balance and swinging with their heads down which leads to ground game.

Not true, spacing timing and balance are all very important in MMA as well. But you are right regarding many MMA fighters being off balnce and swinging recklessly with their heads down, but Conor is not one of those. He is incredibly patient, smart, and accurate with his punches, and has tremendous balance. And though not being able to kick will make offense more difficult, not having to worry about his opponent kicking or taking him down will make defense much easier.

Not true, spacing timing and balance are all very important in MMA as well. But you are right regarding many MMA fighters being off balnce and swinging recklessly with their heads down, but Conor is not one of those. He is incredibly patient, smart, and accurate with his punches, and has tremendous balance. And though not being able to kick will make offense more difficult, not having to worry about his opponent kicking or taking him down will make defense much easier.
idk 4EF, Maybe CM's success was due to terrible MMA boxers

idk 4EF, Maybe CM's success was due to terrible MMA boxers

Unless you have truley followed his career, it will be hard to convince a boxing fan that McGregor is a legitimate boxer. But fyi Nate Diaz is a tremendous boxer and has trained with Andre Ward. Andre himself said the Diaz brothers can hang with any boxer in the sport. And McGregor completely outclassed Nate in boxing.

Here is the link to the video of Andre Ward talking about the Diaz brothers boxing skills: http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/11/19/andre-ward-ufc-conor-mcgregor-nick-nate-diaz/

Aldo is also a great boxer, and he was unbeaten for 10 years before McGregor KOd him in just 13 seconds.

But to be fair, Aldo is usually a much more patient and smarter fighter than that, he came in recklessly against Conor, and paid for it. One of Conor's best skills is the ability to punch you while moving back as you can see here.
Share 49ersWebzone