There are 276 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
I'll watch it again just to make sure but the KO alone should have gave it to krusher

people are saying ward did win the later rounds though

Kovalev had a 10-8 round in the second. Ward had a few rounds where he won clearly, so did Kovalev. Really hard to think that Ward won that many rounds, considering he also had to overcome a 10-8
These judges really ruined it for me. I cant sit here and pay 70 bucks anymore if they are going to be so atrocious. A draw at best but not an outright unanimous decision with all scores exactly the same. Whats worse is the guys covering the fight had a hard time after the decision backing the judges. Granted they are not judges but they are deep into the boxing world. They even made it a point to show ward shocked at the decision and even asked him about it in the intv.
I watched the replay of the fight

I had Ward winning a definite 6 rounds with a couple that could have also went his way.

Ward controlled the fight basically from the 5th round on

Ledermans scorecard was absolutely terrible and i think that swayed a lot of peoples opinions
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
I'll watch it again just to make sure but the KO alone should have gave it to krusher

people are saying ward did win the later rounds though

yea im reading that it was not a robbery but a close fight with rounds that could have gone either way

This is exactly what it was

Not even close to a robbery

Bradley vs Pacquiao is a robbery
Lonachenko vs Waters tonight.
Greatest MMA fighter of all time showing his boxing skills.

Rewatched that ward fight.. still think it was a draw at best..
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Lonachenko vs Waters tonight.

Honestly I would put Lomagringo at #1 P4P after Saturday. The Axe Man is one of the best at 126-130 and hitek made him look foolish.
lomagringo haha i like that
Originally posted by Knowledge:
I watched the replay of the fight

I had Ward winning a definite 6 rounds with a couple that could have also went his way.

Ward controlled the fight basically from the 5th round on

Ledermans scorecard was absolutely terrible and i think that swayed a lot of peoples opinions

I think you hit it on the head. Because he had it wide for Kovalev, people seem to think it was a robbery. But the SKY broadcast team had it for Ward like a lot of the UK fans.

It was a very tight fight that could have gone either way.

I thought the definite rounds for each fighter were:

Kovalev: 1, 2, 6, 10.
Ward: 5, 7, 8, 9, 11

That leaves the 3rd, 4th, and 12th.

I gave Ward the 3rd and 12th rounds while I gave Kovalev the 4th.

If I flip the 3rd or 12th to Kovalev, then I have him winning by a point.

Really good overall fight. The rematch should be close again, but I think Ward's class shows late in that fight and he leaves no doubt unlike this time.

Lomachenko on the other hand is amazing. Doesn't really have much competition at 130, but Arum keeps throwing out Pacquiao at 140.

Looking to get tickets for Frampton vs Santa Cruz.
Floyd don't want nooon of this
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

wrong thread.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

wrong thread.

correct thread.

McGregor now a licensed boxer in California. Is asking Floyd for $100 million which is a very reasonable asking price for a fight that will make Floyd at least $300 million possibly more.

Ball is in Floyd's court now, his move to make. If this is such an easy fight for him, what is there to be afraid of? Go make a historic amount of "easy" money, take your record to a perfect 50-0, and call it a career.

I think Floyd may be scared, because he knows damn well the level of boxer McGregor is, and all it takes is one punch to tarnish his perfect record.

"Look, Floyd's a phenomenal boxer. It's a different craft for me to go in and do this but with correct preparation, if I took out my jiu-jitsu training, my wrestling training, my kickboxing training — if I took out all those different disciplines and focused with the work ethic that I have solely on the sport of boxing, there's no telling what I could do.

"I would not go in there just to show up. I'd go in there to knock him out and that's it," McGregor said. "He can be hit. He's been hit before. Age waits for no man also so I know they know that. I know that size is on my side. I know the reach is on my side. I know the youth is on my side"
Share 49ersWebzone