There are 274 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

So is ward actually going to fight kovalev or is he going to break an eyelash and get injured again?
Originally posted by BenQ:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
So why didn't Mayweather fight Lara? Lara is 33 years old and is now widely considered the best around his weight class. Strange those two never fought.

MONEY

Lara brings none. Mayweather ain't about fighting the best.

The way those two fight would've been crazy boring. Good chance neither would land a punch.
The way those two fight would've been crazy boring. Good chance neither would land a punch.

Lara couldn't carry moneys socks. His name belongs no where near moneys.

Benq which "best" fighter did he avoid? You're really reaching using Lara as an example.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
So is ward actually going to fight kovalev or is he going to break an eyelash and get injured again?

One more tune up I believe.
Vanes really lost this fight because he didn't do enough. Lara was really hurt to the body.

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Benq which "best" fighter did he avoid? You're really reaching using Lara as an example.

According to showtimes commentators Lara is near the top of todays pound for pound best. What am I reaching for? Just wondering why they never fought.
[ Edited by PacTiger on May 22, 2016 at 9:57 PM ]
According to showtimes commentators Lara is near the top of todays pound for pound best. What am I reaching for? Just wondering why they never fought.

I was referring to benQ calling Lara the best.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

No, Lara is not the best. What I should have said was that May never fought the most dangerous. He always fought whoever would bring him the most money. When they fought, May never fought the best available, in their prime. Except for maybe Hatton, but at that time Manny was also at his best.
Fast forward to 4:30 in the video, Colin Cowherd claims that according to his sources Mayweather/McGregor will be happening this year.

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Fast forward to 4:30 in the video, Colin Cowherd claims that according to his sources Mayweather/McGregor will be happening this year.

Nah.

Floyd offered the fight

Conor said maybe .
Floyd offered $50 mill.

Conor said $100

Floyd is like hell naw.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Nah.

Floyd offered the fight

Conor said maybe .
Floyd offered $50 mill.

Conor said $100

Floyd is like hell naw.

Fox Sports Reporter Confirms McGregor-Mayweather Is A Done Deal

Speaking on his podcast The Herd, Cowherd said that the fight is definitely going ahead and the news will be made public in a couple of weeks' time.

"News I believe is gonna break here in about 2 weeks…I have already booked two rooms, September 17th and 18th in Las Vegas. My intel is Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. It changed late last week. I got a call then somebody else sent me something [Sunday] and Saturday. We've booked rooms in Vegas. [It's happening] this September."

ESPN analyst reports the Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather fight date

"I got some breaking news," said Rose. "The Floyd and Conor McGregor fight is going to happen."

"Floyd and McGregor will probably announce in a month.

Lol when did cowherd aka skip Bayless become a viable breaker of news?? Especially on mma/boxing??
Originally posted by crabman82:
Lol when did cowherd aka skip Bayless become a viable breaker of news?? Especially on mma/boxing??

He's not the only one reporting this, which leads me to believe its true, but there are multiple date rumors. Sepmtember 2016, or May 2017, May makes more sense.

"It will be in May, the same weekend as the Kentucky Derby, in 2017" according to Jalen Rose
I trust Cowherd more than I trust Rose, but September seems too soon
Share 49ersWebzone