LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Errol Spence may be the best American young prospect in the game. Did anyone catch his fight today on SHO?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Errol Spence may be the best American young prospect in the game. Did anyone catch his fight today on SHO?
Great fight. He worked the body with punishing hooks and threw multiple combinations to the head. Great 10 round performance, can't wait to see his next fight.
Same, Spence is the real deal but needs to tighten up his defense a bit. I know it sounds crazy as he hardly got hit, but he took some unnecessary shots.

Big fight today between Gamboa and Crawford.
who else hitting up canelo vs lara july 12th?? last fight i seen live was marquez vs alvarado. hope this one lives up to the hype too! #teamcanelo
Rootin for Crawford to beat that ass.
gamboa looking decent for once
spoke too soon lol... good fight so far!
it's a wrap
wooooo!!
OMG!!!!!! What a fight, this was awesome. Props to both fighters and Crawford just took over after the 3rd or 4th round. This fight was great though, but Crawford is just a little tougher and technical. No shame in this loss for Gamboa who accounted himself very well. Just stop being inactive and get in the 135 mix!

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Another great fight. Awesome weekend.
Gamboa is a little too small for this weight class, but he has a lot of heart and could compete with anyone. Would love to see him drop to 130 and fight Garcia.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Gamboa is a little too small for this weight class, but he has a lot of heart and could compete with anyone. Would love to see him drop to 130 and fight Garcia.

Gamboa is way too small. I said that when he moved up to fight Michael Farenas, and then against Darley Perez. Simply lacks the strength and punching power to compete with these guys... and he's a midget. He acts like a child in the ring sometimes, too. When things aren't going perfectly for him he pouts and gets annoyed and forgets how to box. Still a DAMN good fighter, but he's got a lot of glass in his chin and needs to clean up his defense. He's better as an in-and-out guy, not a toe-to-toe guy.
It's like when Crawford turned southpaw he used Gamboa's head as a bullseye
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Gamboa is way too small. I said that when he moved up to fight Michael Farenas, and then against Darley Perez. Simply lacks the strength and punching power to compete with these guys... and he's a midget. He acts like a child in the ring sometimes, too. When things aren't going perfectly for him he pouts and gets annoyed and forgets how to box. Still a DAMN good fighter, but he's got a lot of glass in his chin and needs to clean up his defense. He's better as an in-and-out guy, not a toe-to-toe guy.

Yep, I wonder if he could still make 126 but doubtful since he weighed 145. Mayweather weighs 150 pounds on fight night, Crawford was 152 which is crazy. Gamboa's style is terrible against a fast technical fighter like Crawford since he will make you pay for having your hands low. His chin has always been an issue and his career stalled after the Solis fight. Gamboa is a wasted talent but proved today he could still compete with the top dogs from 135 and below. If he could get down to 126, he could fight Donaire/Lomachenko/Walters/ect. At 130 there is only Garcia but there is some bad blood there.
Share 49ersWebzone