LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

And then it sucked again. Shame lol.
They should just have Pac-JMM V in Levi's Stadium
Watched the fight today on HBO. Marquez put on a boxing lesson. Yay for the old guy.
If a Pac-Marquez V goes down, I expect Arum to throw in Rios/Alvarado III as the co-feature, mainly to bring up the PPV numbers and even though Alvarado/Rios could carry an HBO headline, both fighters are down on their luck and NEED a huge boost on a high profile stage, such as a PPV fight.

Here's what I'd put down for the fight:

Titled "Final Countdown", will be in Vegas (don't see JMM going to Macau):

Pacman vs JMM (Part V), Welterweight Championship

Alvarado vs Rios (Part III), Welterweight bout

Donaire vs Gradovich, Featherweight Unification (Assuming Donaire beats Vetyeka)

Then, throw in the Chinese Two-time Gold medalist (forgot his name, lol) to keep his popularity up
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
If a Pac-Marquez V goes down, I expect Arum to throw in Rios/Alvarado III as the co-feature, mainly to bring up the PPV numbers and even though Alvarado/Rios could carry an HBO headline, both fighters are down on their luck and NEED a huge boost on a high profile stage, such as a PPV fight.

Donaire vs Gradovich, Featherweight Unification (Assuming Donaire beats Vetyeka)

Then, throw in the Chinese Two-time Gold medalist (forgot his name, lol) to keep his popularity up

I think it's Zhou Shiming.
I'm kinda tired of Arum guys.They're all old and beatable.I want to see some Golden Boy interleague fights dammit..

King Serg on face off has a point but that's just how it is. I didn't know Serg really hates Cotto because he's mediocre but gets the Madison Square Garden,top billing love.

Cotto sucked just enough to get Pac and Pbf but lost bigtime.

Pac and Floyd were scared to fight Serg at 154 and thus not getting the belts and million dollar paydays Cotto got so,Serg said he's gonna ko him in 9.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I'm kinda tired of Arum guys.They're all old and beatable.I want to see some Golden Boy interleague fights dammit..

King Serg on face off has a point but that's just how it is. I didn't know Serg really hates Cotto because he's mediocre but gets the Madison Square Garden,top billing love.

Cotto sucked just enough to get Pac and Pbf but lost bigtime.

Pac and Floyd were scared to fight Serg at 154 and thus not getting the belts and million dollar paydays Cotto got so,Serg said he's gonna ko him in 9.

Cotto finally looked good and comfortable the last two fights at 154 Lbs. He did better than expected against Floyd and pretty much had his way with Rodriguez the last time out. Serg really wants to make a point in this fight. He doesn't think Cotto can hurt him. Two factors to consider, it seems to take a while for Cotto to adjust to moving up in weight. How does Serg's body react coming off a long lay off and recovering from surgery.

Those two things make this fight even and more intriguing.
  • titan
  • Veteran

That would be an awesome PPV. They should pay you if they promote it that way.
Donaire is finished IMO.
Originally posted by titan:

That would be an awesome PPV. They should pay you if they promote it that way.

would be awesome, but i doubt it happens. Arum has said many times that he doesn't put much though on undercard fights because everyone wants to see the main event. i hate that old f**ker.

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
would be awesome, but i doubt it happens. Arum has said many times that he doesn't put much though on undercard fights because everyone wants to see the main event. i hate that old f**ker.

In the eyes of a promoter, You have 3 different fight cards you can build with these fights listed. His greedy ass would not stage something like this.
Bye the way the Rocky Juarez fight vs Rene Alvarado was entertaining as hell last night.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

In the eyes of a promoter, You have 3 different fight cards you can build with these fights listed. His greedy ass would not stage something like this.

exactly. f**k arum
Donaire is finished IMO.

Don't agree, he's had some issues, but he has the talent, he just needs to get his mind right again. Once he does, he'll get the big fights again. Manny only has a 2-3 year window left, and good Filipino fighters will always get the fan numbers for big fights, so it's open for the taking.

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

I agree with you both that Arum is a douche and would try to grab as much money out of all 3 fights, but I think the losses he's been facing in PPV revenue (especially to GB and PBF) could force him to put on a grand exhibition of power to show GB that "You think you're the kings of PPV? Not so fast..."

Arum has enough amunnition to fill his HBO quota with featherweights and Super-middleweights to make up for losing the Alvarado/Rios III and Donaire/Gradovich main event fights, but I think HBO would like to beat Showtime PPV as well, so they could be willing to back up Arum to challenge for highest grossing PPV in 2014. Also, this would allow the first US exposure to Zhou Shiming (thanks deuce for reminding me ), which could go even higher in viewing when he starts to get main event cards in Macau again.

But, probably just wishful thinking...f*** you Arum
that dude had a super gut his last fight.. he lost that fire after that rigo loss
Donaire is finished IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone