LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

• jrg
  • Veteran
Maidana
Hmmm...interesting first round. Not sure what that duck your head and the over hand throw with the right.
But he did like I said .. you gotta get in close .. take the punishment to get to Mayweather.
Maidana the major aggressor in the round. He was swinging wildy for a while and some of it got through. Very aggressive. Floyd landed some hard shots in the last 30 seconds. I give it to Maidana.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Mayweather seems annoyed
Maidana took the foot of the gas a little. Floyd landed the better shots. Maidana is throwing some punches to the back of the head. He's also throwing this wild punch from over the top that looks crazy. Sometimes he's getting the back of the head with it. I give the round to floyd.

1-1
Originally posted by jrg:
Mayweather seems annoyed

This guy is all over him. He's not used to being touched like this. lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Mayweather seems annoyed

took a low shot after the first round too
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Mayweather seems annoyed

took a low shot after the first round too

Yeah, that was low. And the back of the head shots are adding up. This guy is trying to bully him, and he's sorta doing it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
damn! this boy is swingin!

Interesting interesting firs three rounds. Has father time finally caught up to Floyd? He doesn't look as smooth and quick as he normally does.
Maidana very aggressive again. The ref stopped the fight and warned maidana for something, but I missed what it was. Probably back of the head shots. Floyd had a good middle of the round, but I give it to Maidana for the big upper cut and more power punches.

2-1 maidana
He is cut .. he is cut.. see .. he is a man.
Floyd is cut over his right eye. He's very bothered by it. Keeps rubbing it. He's changed his style completely since the cut. He's trying to hang on the outside and sneak in pop shots. Maidana is all over him.

The cut appears to come from a clash of heads. Round to maidana.

3-1
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone