There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

lol can't be serious
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
garcia bout to lose doe

Um......... no. It was really a close fight and I'm not sure he did win. Could have gone either way.
Dam. Garcia had a gift desision. Herrera needed a little more power to floor Garcia. Too bad for a guy that had the best fight of his carreer stolen.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Dam. Garcia had a gift desision. Herrera needed a little more power to floor Garcia. Too bad for a guy that had the best fight of his carreer stolen.

You really think it was stolen? I thought it was really close although I have to admit I missed the first 3 rounds.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You really think it was stolen? I thought it was really close although I have to admit I missed the first 3 rounds.

Yes. Garcia came on late but even then a lot of his punches landed on Herreras gloves. Nothing new thou. Its normal for fights like this in Puerto Rico to favor the name fighter.
looks like garcia landed more power punches looking at the stats..

still.. i never felt at any time that he won the fight.. even the crowd felt the same
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
looks like garcia landed more power punches looking at the stats..

still.. i never felt at any time that he won the fight.. even the crowd felt the same

Yes. He landed 150 power punches to just 82 for Herrera. ESPN had it 114-114. I am no boxing expert but I thought it was REAL close and could have gone either way.
116-112 x 2 Garcia doe?

My card had it that way in reverse lol will have to rewatch.

Nice humble post fight interview by Herrera.

Garcia to 147? Interesting.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
116-112 x 2 Garcia doe?

My card had it that way in reverse lol will have to rewatch.

Nice humble post fight interview by Herrera.

Garcia to 147? Interesting.

116-112 for Herrera for me. Garcia has the frame to move up. He looked a lot bigger than Herrera.
116-112 for Herrera for me. Garcia has the frame to move up. He looked a lot bigger than Herrera.

I was going to post that about Garcias frame.....

mi hermano
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Mar 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

I was going to post that about Garcias frame.....

mi hermano

someone mentioned he probably outgrew 140.. looked kinda weak.. moving to 147 makes sense
ND,
What the fight schedule this weekend..?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
ND,
What the fight schedule this weekend..?

Fox Sports 1 - Mar 17 (8:30PM ET/5:30PM PT)
Julian Williams vs. Freddy Hernandez
(jr middleweight)

ESPN2 - Mar 21 (9PM ET/6PM PT)
Vanes Martirosyan vs. Mario Lozano
(jr middleweight)

Telemundo - Mar 21 (11:35PM ET/PT)
Matthew Villanueva vs. David Carmona
(jr bantamweight)

UniMas - March 22 (Midnight ET/11PM PT)
Jorge Melendez vs. Richard Gutierrez
(jr middleweight)
Not sure if its been mentioned, but a summer fight between Glovokin and Chavez Jr.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-boxing-golovkin-chavez-forum-20140305,0,2071860.story#axzz2wRLB4beW

I think this fight would be really cool, although, it sucks it'll be a PPV fight. What do you guys think? I think GGG should handle it but I think it would be his biggest test.