LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
ESPN appears to be getting into the big fight business to compete with HBO and Showtime. The network reported that ESPN, it’s main network (not ESPN2 or ESPN3), has bought the rights to televise the fight for the vacant WBC heavyweight title between Bermane Stiverne and Chris Arreola. The event will take place May 10 on a Saturday night at a venue to be named.

Good news for boxing if ESPN makes a substantail investment.
Wow, Stiverne vs. Arreola is going to be an awesome matchup. Way to go, ESPN. The first time they fought Stiverne broke Arreola's nose in the 2-3rd round but it was still an exciting fight. I love Arreola, a real tough ass dude... honest as hell, too. I'd like to see the winner of Malik Scott/Deontay Wilder face the winner of this one.
[ Edited by DontSitOnTheHood on Mar 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM ]
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Wow, Stiverne vs. Arreola is going to be an awesome matchup. Way to go, ESPN. The first time they fought Stiverne broke Arreola's nose in the 2-3rd round but it was still an exciting fight. I love Arreola, a real tough ass dude... honest as hell, too. I'd like to see the winner of Malik Scott/Deontay Wilder face the winner of this one.

Thats the plan hood!

#boxing
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

Thats the plan hood!

#boxing

Lmao... sorry, I didn't know. I'm so used to boxers ducking each other and not fighting the obvious challenger that it's second nature for me to think like that.

I think Scott is the best American heavyweight, to be honest. He got robbed against Glasgov jn what was ruled a Draw and he was dominating Derek Chisora before the worst British Stoppage ever seen. Wilder has wicked power but he's sloppy and the competition he's faced has been bad, and that's being nice. The one thing that worries me about Wilder is his chin. I've seen him get rocked several times by stiff jabs... would hate to see what happens if he had to take a beating from Chris Arreola or liver shots from Bermane Stiverne. His camp is smart, though... while Malik Scott is really talented he lacks any real power, so I see Wilder eventually walking him down and KO'ing him.
so Top Rank just announced that the winner of Alvarado/Marquez would fight the winner of Pac/Bradley
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
so Top Rank just announced that the winner of Alvarado/Marquez would fight the winner of Pac/Bradley

lol might as well say Manny vs Marquez..........................again.

wouldn't mind seeing marquez winning again.

Originally posted by Amir:

i thought he died right in front of my eyes

jesus christ lol.. a pac/marquez fight should never happen ever again in life
Yeah, that tired ass "rivalry" needs to go away. No one cares anymore.

Good times.

exactly. need to do something different, Top Rank
Wuzzup with the Floyd/jail rumors?Any truth to it or just TMZ garbage?
I guessing it was fake.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
ESPN appears to be getting into the big fight business to compete with HBO and Showtime. The network reported that ESPN, it’s main network (not ESPN2 or ESPN3), has bought the rights to televise the fight for the vacant WBC heavyweight title between Bermane Stiverne and Chris Arreola. The event will take place May 10 on a Saturday night at a venue to be named.

Good news for boxing if ESPN makes a substantail investment.

This is great news, but I can't help but think that ESPN will be working out a PPV scenario. No way we get title fights for the basic cable rate. This has to be a teaser.
garcia bout to lose doe
lol can't be serious
Share 49ersWebzone