There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The were talking Canelo vs Kellermans' boy,Lara.

For my money, Lara might be the best fighter in this division. He would take Canelo apart at the seams.
IIRC Angulo ko'ed that dude multiple times.If Canelo walked right through Angulo,Lara has no chance.

Yeah, that's a pretty terrible way to judge a matchup. Lara actually impressed the hell out of me. Got knocked down twice with two nasty hooks to the jaw and recovered and fought better every time.

Hell, if we're going by your logic, Canelo basically lost to Austin Trout who Lara just completely embarrassed. He won every single round.
If we do go by my logic,why would Canelo lose? He nearly knocked down Trout.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Canelo said he won't fight him next.

Por que

For my money, Lara might be the best fighter in this division. He would take Canelo apart at the seams.
IIRC Angulo ko'ed that dude multiple times.If Canelo walked right through Angulo,Lara has no chance.

Yeah, that's a pretty terrible way to judge a matchup. Lara actually impressed the hell out of me. Got knocked down twice with two nasty hooks to the jaw and recovered and fought better every time.

Hell, if we're going by your logic, Canelo basically lost to Austin Trout who Lara just completely embarrassed. He won every single round.
If we do go by my logic,why would Canelo lose? He nearly knocked down Trout.

O...k, but the decision was extremely close and a lot of people still believe Trout won the fight.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Por que

Canelo will claim that Lara won't draw an audience and that his style isn't exciting. Fact is, Lara is an unbelievable athlete and a brilliant boxer. He would run circles around Canelo. Nothing to gain and a whole lot to lose for Canelo.
Well considering Kirkand isn't a top welter, jr middle or middleweight I doubt he would get a chance at that big check.

Its hard to judge the ol mandingo warrior lol imo, weird career.

A similar more interesting fight would b Provodnikov, no? Not sure where he stands in this particular mix.

I want Canelo and Lara at 154. If not then we gotta look at Cotto "shrug". This makes the gb tr feud even more frustrating. Pac and Bradley are right frikkin there smh.

Btw I cant wait to see what Charlo and Demetrius Andrade do in that division.

If any 147 lb fighter steps up and gets a shot I have to throw out names like Shawn Porter or Thurman. Both too ripe though...

At 160 he could get at again, Cotto
Serg, GGG and Peter Quillin.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Mar 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM ]

Por que

Canelo will claim that Lara won't draw an audience and that his style isn't exciting. Fact is, Lara is an unbelievable athlete and a brilliant boxer. He would run circles around Canelo. Nothing to gain and a whole lot to lose for Canelo.
Lara lost to Angulo. Lara had to poke him in the eye to get out of it. Canelo Right now would beat Lara like Drago and Creed

Por que

This. Exactlly what he said. Canelo was challenged by Lara at the post fight press conference and basically said nobody wants this fight.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Por que

Lara lost to Angulo. Lara had to poke him in the eye to get out of it. Canelo Right now would beat Lara like Drago and Creed

You really don't get it... boxing isn't that simple. No sport is. Lara beat the HELL out of Angulo, just happened to get dropped twice. Just because someone goes to the canvas that doesn't mean they suck. And like I said earlier, Lara fought better every time he got up. Truly an impressive performance and a fight of the year candidate if Lara didn't turn his head like a coward.
Well considering Kirkand isn't a top welter, jr middle or middleweight I doubt he would get a chance at that big check.

Its hard to judge the ol mandingo warrior lol imo, weird career.

A similar more interesting fight would b Provodnikov, no? Not sure where he stands in this particular mix.

I want Canelo and Lara at 154. If not then we gotta look at Cotto "shrug". This makes the gb tr feud even more frustrating. Pac and Bradley are right frikkin there smh.

Btw I cant wait to see what Charlo and Demetrius Andrade do in that division.

If any 147 lb fighter steps up and gets a shot I have to throw out names like Shawn Porter or Thurman. Both too ripe though...

At 160 he could get at again, Cotto
Serg, GGG and Peter Quillin.

Thoughts?

I think Kirkland deserves a shot at someone. You're right, though, very odd career. But in my opinion he's the one who ruined Angulo's career. He hasn't been the same since Kirkland beat the hell out of him. And now Kirkland is back with Ann Wolfe in his corner... scary combination. People talk about styles making fights, well Canelo / Kirkland would be one hell of a matchup. Kirkland has definitely got some glass in his jaw so he can be stopped, however, he's a mean, hard-hitting knockout artist... the first real time that Canelo's chin will have been tested.
[ Edited by DontSitOnTheHood on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:00 AM ]
Please tell me this isnt true smh

http://www.webpronews.com/floyd-mayweather-accused-of-assault-and-kidnapping-2014-03
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Mar 13, 2014 at 8:48 AM ]
Please tell me this isnt true smh

http://www.webpronews.com/floyd-mayweather-accused-of-assault-and-kidnapping-2014-03

Still waiting for a response from Floyd Mayweather or his PR people on a report from TMZ alleging that Floyd orchestrated and was present at a savage “Breaking Bad” -like beating of two of his employees he suspected of stealing his jewelry. According to the report, the men were hospitalized with broken arms and legs and have hired a lawyer, however there is no mention of any arrests or other police involvement.
[ Edited by Niner_Demon on Mar 13, 2014 at 9:42 AM ]
Juan Manuel Márquez has reach an agreement for May 17 vs Mike Alvarado.
The IBF have ruled that Shawn Porter may risk his IBF welterweight title against Paul Malignaggi on the condition that the winner must make his next defense against mandatory challenger Kell Brook this summer. Both men must confirm in writing that whomever emerges as champion has the obligation to face Brook next. Porter-Malignaggi must take place by April 19, with the winner required to face Brook 90 days thereafter. If Porter-Malignaggi fails to materialize by April 19, Porter’s next defense must be against the unbeaten Sheffield star. Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn explained the findings and expressed his delight for the 27 year old, who faces Alvaro Robles in a ten-round clash at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on Saturday.
Schedule for this week.

Telemundo - Mar 14 (11:35PM ET/PT)
Jonathan Oquendo vs. Guillermo Avila
(jr featherweight)

Showtime - Mar 15 (9PM ET/6PM PT)
Danny Garcia vs. Mauricio Herrera
(WBC/WBA super lightweight titles)
Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott
(heavyweight)
Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Daniel Ponce De Leon
(jr lightweight)

NBC Sports Net - March 15 (9PM ET/6PM PT)
Tomasz Adamek vs. Vyacheslav Glazkov
(IBF heavyweight eliminator)

UniMas - March 15 (11PM ET/PT)
Fernando Montiel vs. Cristobal Cruz
(featherweight)
ESPN appears to be getting into the big fight business to compete with HBO and Showtime. The network reported that ESPN, it’s main network (not ESPN2 or ESPN3), has bought the rights to televise the fight for the vacant WBC heavyweight title between Bermane Stiverne and Chris Arreola. The event will take place May 10 on a Saturday night at a venue to be named.