There are 278 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Canelo came out beastin within the first ten seconds. Truly surprised at how much he dominated Angulo. It was a mismatch. Once Runweather retires and if Canelo can be motivated like that every fight,he's easily the next champ.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Canelo came out beastin within the first ten seconds. Truly surprised at how much he dominated Angulo. It was a mismatch. Once Runweather retires and if Canelo can be motivated like that every fight,he's easily the next champ.

Canelo fought a smart fight. He moved to negate the power left hook and kept Angulo off balance thru out the fight with his offense. Angulo was never really able to get his punches out with leverage. I expected the same result, just with Angulo being competitive. The prelim fights were ok. The Thompson vs Alvarez fight was a surprise for me. The rest of them were really one sided affairs.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Canelo fought a smart fight. He moved to negate the power left hook and kept Angulo off balance thru out the fight with his offense. Angulo was never really able to get his punches out with leverage. I expected the same result, just with Angulo being competitive. The prelim fights were ok. The Thompson vs Alvarez fight was a surprise for me. The rest of them were really one sided affairs.
Angulo might have been bought.

even when Canelo wasn't punching, angulo was just touching canelo not even trying to punch. it just seemed weird for a brawler to not throw punches at all.

on the other hand i'm a big time Canelo fan and if this fight wasn't tainted, Canelo looks like a real beast and highly motivated after his first lost. Only if he fought Mayweather a little later.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
couldn't watch the fight. no bar was showing it around the way but I saw the highlights/result.

Thought Angulo would do better than that. oh well.

who's next for Canelo??
Ya'll really thought Angulo had a chance? The same thing happened in the Pacquaio/Rios fight. Both fighters (Pac/Canelo) have huge followings and were coming off of big losses. They needed an easy fight against stiff guys who are pumped up by promoters as serious threats even though they aren't. They pandered to the Mexican demographic knowing they'd sell it on the "Mexican Warrior vs. Mexican Warrior" stuff alone.

If Canelo really wants a test he'll fight Kirkland... but Kirkland is being avoided like the Plague.
[ Edited by DontSitOnTheHood on Mar 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM ]
The were talking Canelo vs Kellermans' boy,Lara.
Originally posted by Amir:
couldn't watch the fight. no bar was showing it around the way but I saw the highlights/result.

who's next for Canelo??

still surprised this fight was a fckin PPV
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

who's next for Canelo??

wtf ..me too

wanted to get a hdmi cable from the laptop to the TV..but ran out of time and still had to get the Que going..so i just paid it
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

who's next for Canelo??

wtf ..me too

wanted to get a hdmi cable from the laptop to the TV..but ran out of time and still had to get the Que going..so i just paid it

lol any fight that canelo does from now on will be PPV. Get used to it.

Smart fight?

He pulled a Winky Wright with his hands down and let Angulo get free shots.

For my money, Lara might be the best fighter in this division. He would take Canelo apart at the seams.

Canelo said he won't fight him next.

Smart fight?

He pulled a Winky Wright with his hands down and let Angulo get free shots.

He won right?

He did take Angulo's power shots away thru out the fight.

Sounds like a smart way to fight.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

For my money, Lara might be the best fighter in this division. He would take Canelo apart at the seams.
IIRC Angulo ko'ed that dude multiple times.If Canelo walked right through Angulo,Lara has no chance.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

IIRC Angulo ko'ed that dude multiple times.If Canelo walked right through Angulo,Lara has no chance.

Yeah, that's a pretty terrible way to judge a matchup. Lara actually impressed the hell out of me. Got knocked down twice with two nasty hooks to the jaw and recovered and fought better every time.

Hell, if we're going by your logic, Canelo basically lost to Austin Trout who Lara just completely embarrassed. He won every single round.