There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Ortiz is done. Feel bad for the dude but you can't get stupid with world class fighters. You can't take that much time off without paying a price.

That dude quit... again. He needs to stop. No wonder he's hated by his own people. Glass jaw and a glass heart. Take your ass back to Kansas, Ortiz.

Gary Russell looked sharp. That prospect in the 2nd fight looked good, too... Gomez, I think.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Ortiz is done. Feel bad for the dude but you can't get stupid with world class fighters. You can't take that much time off without paying a price.

That dude quit... again. He needs to stop. No wonder he's hated by his own people. Glass jaw and a glass heart. Take your ass back to Kansas, Ortiz.

Gary Russell looked sharp. That prospect in the 2nd fight looked good, too... Gomez, I think.

"No wonder he's hated by his own people." Not sure what this is supposed to mean.

Ortiz was touted as trhe next Oscar De La Hoya by Golden Boy Promotions when he came out. He has (d) all the athletic ability. As soon as he was matched up even he started to slide. After the Mayweather fight, I saw him and talked to him. He said he wanted to offer Mayweather a rematch even if he didn't get paid. He was doing some interviews. Soon after he went back to school. Did marathons and stuff. His interest in boxing seemed to have gone.
He was prepared against Lopez. Had a good training camp but then suffered that injury. I think that took everything he had left for the sport.

Sad to see a guy with so much potential go this rout. Reminds me of Francisco "Panchito" Bojado.
"No wonder he's hated by his own people." Not sure what this is supposed to mean.

Ortiz was touted as trhe next Oscar De La Hoya by Golden Boy Promotions when he came out. He has (d) all the athletic ability. As soon as he was matched up even he started to slide. After the Mayweather fight, I saw him and talked to him. He said he wanted to offer Mayweather a rematch even if he didn't get paid. He was doing some interviews. Soon after he went back to school. Did marathons and stuff. His interest in boxing seemed to have gone.
He was prepared against Lopez. Had a good training camp but then suffered that injury. I think that took everything he had left for the sport.

Sad to see a guy with so much potential go this rout. Reminds me of Francisco "Panchito" Bojado.

You obviously have some sort of bias and favor him... but he doesn't have a heart. That's why he sucks. Every single one of his last three losses has been because he has no heart.

You obviously have some sort of bias and favor him... but he doesn't have a heart. That's why he sucks. Every single one of his last three losses has been because he has no heart.

No bias here. I was wondering what your comment meant. His management or his trainers hated him?

I agree with the lack of heart. That is what I meant with his comparison with Bojado.

Outside the ring he is a very personable guy. Went and worked on a degree. So I can't really say anything bad about the guy other than that boxing is not in his mind anymore.
No bias here. I was wondering what your comment meant. His management or his trainers hated him?

I agree with the lack of heart. That is what I meant with his comparison with Bojado.

Outside the ring he is a very personable guy. Went and worked on a degree. So I can't really say anything bad about the guy other than that boxing is not in his mind anymore.

Lmao... my bad I came off as combative... I meant Mexican people hate him. At least, all the Mexican fight fans I know. There was a match on HBO or ShoTime not too long ago and they kept showing Ortiz in the crowd and the entire stadium kept booing him.

There are things more important than boxing. And he does seem like a good dude. I know he lived a tough life when he was a kid being abandoned by both parents and whatnot. I don't hate him as a man, just as a boxer.

Lmao... my bad I came off as combative... I meant Mexican people hate him. At least, all the Mexican fight fans I know. There was a match on HBO or ShoTime not too long ago and they kept showing Ortiz in the crowd and the entire stadium kept booing him.

There are things more important than boxing. And he does seem like a good dude. I know he lived a tough life when he was a kid being abandoned by both parents and whatnot. I don't hate him as a man, just as a boxer.

He got some support from the die hards but in many people's eyes, including me he didn't have the mental make up to get thru the tough spots. He is well liked in the gym's. But the fans in general have turned on him.
Ortiz needs to hang it up. sad to say, he had so much potential, but like you guys mentioned, he has NO heart and a glass chin. as soon as he gets rocked, he gets into a fetal position.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Ortiz needs to hang it up. sad to say, he had so much potential, but like you guys mentioned, he has NO heart and a glass chin. as soon as he gets rocked, he gets into a fetal position.

It's not even like he's getting knocked the f**k out, either. Amir Khan gets knocked the f**k out, but to his credit he's got a lot of heart. I remember when Maidana rocked the s**t out of him. Khan went the whole two minutes getting tagged and refused to clinch and ended up winning the fight. Ortiz had a shot to fight Canelo and earn himself a couple million if nothing else. Josesito Lopez broke his jaw in the 11th round I think. Ortiz was winning the fight easily, all he had to do was keep a high guard and run in circles and he would have won. Instead he just sat on his stool, shaking his head "no more". In this fight, all he had to do was stand up for one second and go to his corner to recover.

I saw Chris Arreola get his nose broken against Bermane Stiverne in the 2nd round and he still went the entire way fighting his heart out. And that's just one example off the top of my head.

My point is that as a professional FIGHTER you have certain obligations. One of them is to fight. Just my opinion.
I have always been impressed with Gary Russell. The guy has world class talent but it is hard for him to get fights due to the talent. I know a few fighters that have turned down offers to fight him. I hope he gets some good promotional backing and more TV exposure.
I have always been impressed with Gary Russell. The guy has world class talent but it is hard for him to get fights due to the talent. I know a few fighters that have turned down offers to fight him. I hope he gets some good promotional backing and more TV exposure.

Maybe the fastest hands in boxing?

Maybe the fastest hands in boxing?

He is one of the fastest.
Abner Mares, Shawn Porter, Leo Santa Cruz, Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Good list and i would also add Provodnakov and Bradley also.
Ortiz got paid via Mayweather,dancing w the stars,scared of Canelo,and doesn't really NEED to fight anymore because he is a licensed lawyer.I think he doesn't WANT to fight anymore but had the talent to do it. Plus a broken jaw from your heyday as a boxer can cause a speech impediment and that is no bueno in a courtroom
Btw WHERE IN THEE FUVK are the american heavyweights?!
USA used to dominate that division and as soon as Lewis took it to Europe,it was never seen again.WTF is going on?How the hell is this possible.
Good forum talk dudes!