LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Broner got his ass whooped, bad. And he ran out of the ring like a coward cause he didn't know how to handle it. HE IS NOT FLOYD. I'm sure y'all remember Floyd in his early career. He didn't duck anyone back then. He even fought a more offensive, "risky" brand of boxing. He earned his s**t. He wasn't crowned before he fought anyone. He showed a lot of emotion. After one of his early big wins (can't remember who the opponent was) he was balling in tears. It meant so much to him. Even though he as a cocky a hole, he was never out partying and getting drunk making headlines. He is a different breed. Hate him or not, he is a legend.

Broner on the other hand tries too hard to portray this image before he has accomplished anything. And now with social media and him riding Floyd's jock, he actually got too much attention. The fans and media bought in. He deserves some credit for establishing his brand, while sleezy, he blew up without fighting anyone. I remember a recent video I saw of him on worldstar. He was on some type of rap tour partying at clubs and getting drunk. He had a huge belly at the time. He didn't give a s**t, he was WAY out of shape. Floyd would never get fat like that, he is a different breed. Broner does't have that same dedication because he got crowned and he ain't s**t yet.

So now, we'll see. Maybe this loss will be a positive for him and he will come back hungrier. I don't think he'll ever sniff being the PFP best. He needs to learn how to throw more than one punch. And he needs to go down a weight class. It was awesome to see him not only lose, but get embarrassed. Learn some f**king humility. Madiana treated him like his b***h and I'm SO glad he tapped him from the back like Broner did in the first round. Paper champion f*gazzi

lol Mayweather certainly did plenty of that.
Originally posted by Hopper:
lol Mayweather certainly did plenty of that.

I don't remember any excessive partying issues that effected his career. Other stuff, like legal issues, yes. But not partying unless you have some examples. I don't even think the guy drinks at all
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
I just think it's funny how Adrien Broner is called out for being a punk when you got guys like Paulie Malinaggi and Tyson Fury who act the same way and never get called out for it. You got Sergey Kovalev who's killed a man in the ring talks more trash than anyone. A s**tty human being, really. It seems when white boxers act like fools it's called being "charming" and stuff like that. When guys like Broner or Stevenson do similar things they are universally hated and called thugs and punks.

You can't tell me that double standard doesn't exist. Boxing is an EXTREMELY nationalistic sport, and sports like Soccer and Boxing typically breed extreme racism... even if it's Americans hating on their own fighters because of their skin color.

You have a valid point. I personally don't like paulie or fury, but I see what your saying. I don't like the fact that Broner got crowned so early. And he perpetuated that. Also, the things like the butt rape act in the ring. You have to admit, regardless of race, that is classless as f**k
I just think it's funny how Adrien Broner is called out for being a punk when you got guys like Paulie Malinaggi and Tyson Fury who act the same way and never get called out for it. You got Sergey Kovalev who's killed a man in the ring talks more trash than anyone. A s**tty human being, really. It seems when white boxers act like fools it's called being "charming" and stuff like that. When guys like Broner or Stevenson do similar things they are universally hated and called thugs and punks.

You can't tell me that double standard doesn't exist. Boxing is an EXTREMELY nationalistic sport, and sports like Soccer and Boxing typically breed extreme racism... even if it's Americans hating on their own fighters because of their skin color.

Why are you turning this into a race thing. Broner acted like a fool during the fight and after the fight. He tried to win on a DQ with his BS act after the headbutt. I dont give a damn if he is white, black. brown, or yellow. He is a punk based on his actions.. not his race.
lol @ Paulie ever being as disrespectful, immature, or plain ignorant as Broner...what a friggin' reach. Race-baiting in 2013 is so lame.
Originally posted by binarythird:
lol @ Paulie ever being as disrespectful, immature, or plain ignorant as Broner...what a friggin' reach. Race-baiting in 2013 is so lame.

You've never seen Paulie act a fool in the ring? You didn't hear some of the comments he's made about Broner?

"Your mother named you Adrien because she knew you were a p***y". That's not disrespectful, immature or ignorant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcqpq3wTZaY

Skip to 2:34 and tell me who's acting the bigger fool there.

I'm not attempting to race-bait, but it is what it is. And the fact that it's 2013 doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
Originally posted by sacniner:
You have a valid point. I personally don't like paulie or fury, but I see what your saying. I don't like the fact that Broner got crowned so early. And he perpetuated that. Also, the things like the butt rape act in the ring. You have to admit, regardless of race, that is classless as f**k

Broner's an idiot, no doubt. I'm not even a fan of his. I always thought it was obvious that most of the things he does are an attempt to gain a fanbase... whether if it's for love or hate, it doesn't matter. He certainly got his due, though.

And honestly I like Paulie and I love Tyson Fury, All of these guys act childish, but I find it entertaining. Why so many people take it to heart, I'll never understand.
It's all floyds' fault. He inspires these guys because he is the best out so they duplicate and copy.
It sells more and is easier to be the bad guy because of all the temptation that's out there. If a guy acts like Pacauaio, it's boring.
''I...ah...gib tanks...ahh....to dee....God....and...ahh. ..dee people ..etc.''

That's the same thing over and over. Most Pac fans/boxers try to copy that image while most act like dbags.

''You don't know shti about boxing.'' Is more talked about and actually sells t-shirts

Floyd, a big wrestling fan, knows this and sells himself alot better. ...and easier.

https

just glad Broner lost. dude needed some humble pie. his antics before and after fights are embarrassing and i'm glad that clown got knocked on his ass.

#YouAintMoneyMay
i was rootin' for broner til about 10 seconds into the 1st round lol.. maidana came out guns blazin'..

all the antics.. fake humping.. flop after the head butt.. no post fight interview.. etc.. that L was deserved

i knew chino wasn't a punk.. but i didn't expect him to dominate like that.. never thought i'd see broner go down TWICE

You've never seen Paulie act a fool in the ring? You didn't hear some of the comments he's made about Broner?

"Your mother named you Adrien because she knew you were a p***y". That's not disrespectful, immature or ignorant?

I'm not attempting to race-bait, but it is what it is. And the fact that it's 2013 doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

If you want to talk about race, itsounds to me like you need a better understanding of race in this country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrA_b6LC5Q

Paulie has been in the game for years, and he did not initiate that behavior; in this instance he definitely SUNK to Broner's ignorant, childish level. But nobody is going to say Paulie is a dumb prick because Paulie has proven to have a well-functioning mind in the past. Broner has been nothing but idiocy, and an embarrassment to his own people.

If you want to talk about race, itsounds to me like you need a better understanding of race in this country:

Paulie has been in the game for years, and he did not initiate that behavior; in this instance he definitely SUNK to Broner's ignorant, childish level. But nobody is going to say Paulie is a dumb prick because Paulie has proven to have a well-functioning mind in the past. Broner has been nothing but idiocy, and an embarrassment to his own people.

LOL. I didn't know Broner represented all of "his people".
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Definitely not "all of his people", but definitely an embarrassment to his own. If he was Indian, I'd certainly be ashamed of him, and definitely wouldn't root for this clown.

Not only that, but did you see him butt-humping the guy in the first round? what about flopping like a fish after the headbutt? this is not adult behavior, it's that of a child...i haven't seen such buffoonery in the ring since Golotta.
[ Edited by binarythird on Dec 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Definitely not "all of his people", but definitely an embarrassment to his own. If he was Indian, I'd certainly be ashamed of him, and definitely wouldn't root for this clown.

I never understood why people bring up the race on anything like this. Besides that, he got what he deserved. He is not at the level where he can do the same things that Floyd does. He has talent but needs to work at it to be elite.

As far as the sh*t with his antics, its uncalled for but it sells tickets. He is controversial and there is always a market for idiots like him.
I'm sayin doe.

Khan beat Maidana pretty good. If Maidana beat Broner, .... an Amir vs Floyd match just might work as Floyd would go for the safe fight and like I said,Euro money.
Share 49ersWebzone