LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
LOL. This Saturday. Against Maidana.

Sorry buddy, it's next Saturday on the 14th.

This weekend is:

Showtime
Paulie Malinaggi vs Zab Judah
Devon Alexander vs Shawn Porter
Elisandry Lara vs Austin Trout
Sakio Bika vs Anthony Dirrell

HBO
Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Joseph Agbeko
James Kirkland vs Glen Tapia
Matthew Macklin vs Lamar Russ

The fight I'm probably gonna watch is the Kirkland/Tapia bout, which should have some big hits and would be shocked if it made it past 8 rounds. Though, that Lara/Trout fight could be interesting (I know some ppl might not like Lara's style, but he is probably the most dangerous junior middleweight b/c he's technically sound, good left, and can switch from defensive to attack. His knock is the same as Rigo's, can be too cautious), and the Rigo/Agbeko could be a surprise if Rigo decides to change his style to a more crowd-friendly (and when I mean crowd, I mean general crowd. I personally love watching his technical skills and overall speed. Sure, not flashy but he's so damn polished in technique it's nasty). Should be a good weekend

You're right. My bad.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
The Paulie/Broner fight sucked IMO. Yeah they hate each other cause Broner was a d bag and tried to clown Paulie by bringing up that female, but its a boring match up. Paulie cannot hurt Broner. Broner doesn't really take chances. He'll cover up, Paulie will be busy with some weak shots and Broner will have his flurries and win relativley easily. Broner clearly won that fight.

We still don't know how good Broner is. What are the predictions for his fight against Maidana? I don't know much about Maidana, but from what I've heard its clearly Broner's best opponent. Also, they are fighting next Saturday the 14th if I recall correctly.

broner should win by decision IMO. Maidana will make it a good fight cuz he has punching power.
LOL. This Saturday. Against Maidana.

This weekend is:

Showtime

HBO

The fight I'm probably gonna watch is the Kirkland/Tapia bout, which should have some big hits and would be shocked if it made it past 8 rounds. Though, that Lara/Trout fight could be interesting (I know some ppl might not like Lara's style, but he is probably the most dangerous junior middleweight b/c he's technically sound, good left, and can switch from defensive to attack. His knock is the same as Rigo's, can be too cautious), and the Rigo/Agbeko could be a surprise if Rigo decides to change his style to a more crowd-friendly (and when I mean crowd, I mean general crowd. I personally love watching his technical skills and overall speed. Sure, not flashy but he's so damn polished in technique it's nasty). Should be a good weekend

nice weekend of fights! wanna see that rigo one.. still surprised by how he made donaire look silly

really waiting on broner/maidana doe..
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
nice weekend of fights! wanna see that rigo one.. still surprised by how he made donaire look silly

really waiting on broner/maidana doe..

+1

I think Maidana is playing w/house money. IMO, Broner has to win, and win convincingly, or else he'll start losing the Main Event match ups. Maidana can win ugly, and if he loses he'll still get big time fights b/c his fights always have the KO factor.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
+1

I think Maidana is playing w/house money. IMO, Broner has to win, and win convincingly, or else he'll start losing the Main Event match ups. Maidana can win ugly, and if he loses he'll still get big time fights b/c his fights always have the KO factor.

agreed.
I want to see this Argetinian boxers vs some dem Russain/Ukrain boxers.
how was that rigo fight? i got it on the dvr.. haven't watched it yet

heard the zab fight was boring.. i deleted that lol
Tapia vs Kirkland was a war for the first 3 rounds. I think that fight went on 2 rounds too many. I hope that kid recovers. A few things came to mind thou. Kirkland is back to being a physical fighter but he was getting hurt and wobbled by a guy with decent punching power, not a heavy handed one. His slurred speech and him getting hurt by Tapia are signs he might be getting chop worn. He needs to fix his defense a little. The same goes for Tapia. The kid has potential but his aggressive style will get him hurt eventually.

Trout might be done as a world class fighter. He didn't look good against Lara and didn't do anything against Canelo.

Agbeko vs Rigo was a show case for Rigo. He needs a world class opponent for his next fight.

Judah vs Paulie was more to see who remains relevant as a future opponent.

I was happy to see that Porter has finally made it to getting a belt. He was always in the shadows of the other super star fighters at the Wildcard. Now is his turn to shine.

Nice weekend of fights. Looking forward to Maidana vs Broner.

This weekend is:

Showtime

HBO

Crazy good boxing cards. Didn't quite live up to expectations, but still nice to see that much talent in the ring(s).

*Anthony Direll is a weirdo, just like his brother. I thought Bika won the fight, Direll should have been happy with the draw.

*Lara / Trout may have been boring as hell, but wow, how good is Lara? Completely dominated a World Class boxer using his own style. That's two consecutive incredible wins for Lara. He's in my Top 10 PFP now... maybe higher.

*Always liked Shawn Porter. He's a hyper, awkward guy with good hands and power. Not surprised he beat Alexander.

*Not so sure that Judah didn't throw that fight against Malinaggi. Didn't try to do anything. AND Malinaggi was being backed by Al Haymon who's trying to set something up.

*Macklin is basically done, IMO. The kid he fought will be a decent fighter, but Macklin is shot.

*Kirkland is a f**king animal.

*Rigondeaux is simply great.

Looking forward to Saturday.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

This weekend is:

Showtime

HBO

Crazy good boxing cards. Didn't quite live up to expectations, but still nice to see that much talent in the ring(s).

*Anthony Direll is a weirdo, just like his brother. I thought Bika won the fight, Direll should have been happy with the draw.

*Lara / Trout may have been boring as hell, but wow, how good is Lara? Completely dominated a World Class boxer using his own style. That's two consecutive incredible wins for Lara. He's in my Top 10 PFP now... maybe higher.

*Always liked Shawn Porter. He's a hyper, awkward guy with good hands and power. Not surprised he beat Alexander.

*Not so sure that Judah didn't throw that fight against Malinaggi. Didn't try to do anything. AND Malinaggi was being backed by Al Haymon who's trying to set something up.

*Macklin is basically done, IMO. The kid he fought will be a decent fighter, but Macklin is shot.

*Kirkland is a f**king animal.

*Rigondeaux is simply great.

Looking forward to Saturday.

The question is still out on Lara. He has all the tools but I question the win against Angulo. He was losing up the point where Angulo 's eye was injured. I would like to see that one again. I agree with Macklin. He should have taken that kid out. I think he is at an opponent level and not a world class one.

The question is still out on Lara. He has all the tools but I question the win against Angulo. He was losing up the point where Angulo 's eye was injured. I would like to see that one again. I agree with Macklin. He should have taken that kid out. I think he is at an opponent level and not a world class one.

I've seen the Angulo/Lara fight three times and have had Lara up on the scorecards all three times. He fought better every time he was dropped. It still shocks me how he absorbed those body shots from Angulo and of course those two left hooks on the jaw which would KO most people. And this is coming from someone who typically doesn't like Cuban fighters.
I don't like kirkland at all. if I wasn't so fat I would go in there and f*** him up myself lol.

Porter has that old school "whatchu wanna do" style. Impressive because devon is very solid.

yeah that Judas actions were very questionable, weird....

I don't see how chico is going to beat Broner. Too slow and wide, should be another walk in the park for Broner.

looking forward to thurman carass.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
I don't like kirkland at all. if I wasn't so fat I would go in there and f*** him up myself lol.

Porter has that old school "whatchu wanna do" style. Impressive because devon is very solid.

yeah that Judas actions were very questionable, weird....

I don't see how chico is going to beat Broner. Too slow and wide, should be another walk in the park for Broner.

looking forward to thurman carass.

Nice test for Thurman. I root for Karass because he comes from my hometown and has worked hard to get to where he is. But for as much as he has improved, Thurman has the better natural skill.
Demon whats the deal with Seckbach? As annoying as his voice is, I used to actually enjoy some of his "reporting". I know he's always been an ass kisser, but now he's just annoying and biased if it involves anyone in Garcia's camp? I noticed he no longer does Wild Card interviews. Did u say that Roach kicked dude out for being annoying? Homeboy even tried to insinuate that Pac might be racist lulz....
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Demon whats the deal with Seckbach? As annoying as his voice is, I used to actually enjoy some of his "reporting". I know he's always been an ass kisser, but now he's just annoying and biased if it involves anyone in Garcia's camp? I noticed he no longer does Wild Card interviews. Did u say that Roach kicked dude out for being annoying? Homeboy even tried to insinuate that Pac might be racist lulz....

He rubs people the wrong way. He gets in the way at times. They have clamped down on who gets in and people need to sign a waiver to do interviews or record at the wildcard. Non one is allowed to take pictures or record sparring at all. They'll throw you out. He didn't like it so he is no longer allowed there unless its media day.
Share 49ersWebzone