LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
This man Stevenson said his dad died of a karate chop to the chest in a karate tournament... in Haiti. Lying ass dude, almost as bad as the Richard Sherman story where all the gangbangers were scared of his mother so they made sure NOT to recruit him and helped him with his homework. You know damn well no gang wanted Sherman's lame ass.

Regardless of his lies and overall goofy antics, Adonis is my Fighter of the Year so far. Followed by Golovkin, Garcia and Kovalev.

Lame ass story man... like a white boy stepping on your shoes in the club type s**t
Adonis is a beast though. Dude got heavy hands. That is a nice division. Who doesn't want to see Stevenson fight Kovalev. Thats some s**t I would pay to see
who you guys got this weekend?

Paulie or Judah?

Should b entertaining, too older crafty vets battling for the crown of brooklyn.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
who you guys got this weekend?

Paulie or Judah?

Should b entertaining, too older crafty vets battling for the crown of brooklyn.

im rooting for paulie. douchebaggery FTW.
Manny Pacquiao's much-awaited return to the ring on April 12, 2014 will be held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Top Rank chief Bob Arum told Fightnews and the Manila Bulletin. Arum said the identity of Pacquiao's foe will be known before Christmas. Tim Bradley, Juan Manuel Marquez and even Ruslan Provodnikov, who is also being trained by Freddie Roach, are being considered. But Bradley, who won an unpopular split decision over the Filipino in June last year, and Marquez, who stopped Pacquiao in their fourth fight in November of the same year, are the leading candidates. Pacquiao is fresh from a convincing win over Brandon Rios in Macau.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Manny Pacquiao's much-awaited return to the ring on April 12, 2014 will be held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Top Rank chief Bob Arum told Fightnews and the Manila Bulletin. Arum said the identity of Pacquiao's foe will be known before Christmas. Tim Bradley, Juan Manuel Marquez and even Ruslan Provodnikov, who is also being trained by Freddie Roach, are being considered. But Bradley, who won an unpopular split decision over the Filipino in June last year, and Marquez, who stopped Pacquiao in their fourth fight in November of the same year, are the leading candidates. Pacquiao is fresh from a convincing win over Brandon Rios in Macau.

it better be bradley.. marquez and ruslan don't make any damn sense.. why in the f*ck would you want to fight marquez again.. that 4th fight should have never happened to begin with
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

it better be bradley.. marquez and ruslan don't make any damn sense.. why in the f*ck would you want to fight marquez again.. that 4th fight should have never happened to begin with

I doubt its Marquez. I want to see him in against Provodnikov but doubt it since they are in the same gym. Garcia and Broner should be on that list.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Smart move by Arum to have Manny fight in April, a month before when Floyd is likely to fight next. I'm 95% sure he will be fight Bradley. Manny gets to avenge his "loss" and since both fighters are Top Rank, all the money stays in house.

No way Golden Boy and Floyd let Broner fight Manny right now. Although the money would be great, they're better off building him as the next great superstar to takeover for manny/floyd.
Originally posted by Amir:
Smart move by Arum to have Manny fight in April, a month before when Floyd is likely to fight next. I'm 95% sure he will be fight Bradley. Manny gets to avenge his "loss" and since both fighters are Top Rank, all the money stays in house.

No way Golden Boy and Floyd let Broner fight Manny right now. Although the money would be great, they're better off building him as the next great superstar to takeover for manny/floyd.

But he's gotta have a rival. Who's that gonna be?
After bradleys last performance I really doubt pac will avenge anything

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
After bradleys last performance I really doubt pac will avenge anything

Yep. I don't want to see that sh*t again.
when does broner fight again?
I wouldn't mind seeing Paulie vs Broner again. That was some legit hatred there. I thought Paulie did more and should of won because Broner just stood there in the philly shell all fight and blocked, then threw once in awhile. I seen Adrian get fatter too. I seent it.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I wouldn't mind seeing Paulie vs Broner again. That was some legit hatred there. I thought Paulie did more and should of won because Broner just stood there in the philly shell all fight and blocked, then threw once in awhile. I seen Adrian get fatter too. I seent it.

LOL. This Saturday. Against Maidana.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

The Paulie/Broner fight sucked IMO. Yeah they hate each other cause Broner was a d bag and tried to clown Paulie by bringing up that female, but its a boring match up. Paulie cannot hurt Broner. Broner doesn't really take chances. He'll cover up, Paulie will be busy with some weak shots and Broner will have his flurries and win relativley easily. Broner clearly won that fight.

We still don't know how good Broner is. What are the predictions for his fight against Maidana? I don't know much about Maidana, but from what I've heard its clearly Broner's best opponent. Also, they are fighting next Saturday the 14th if I recall correctly.
LOL. This Saturday. Against Maidana.

Sorry buddy, it's next Saturday on the 14th.

This weekend is:

Showtime
Paulie Malinaggi vs Zab Judah
Devon Alexander vs Shawn Porter
Elisandry Lara vs Austin Trout
Sakio Bika vs Anthony Dirrell

HBO
Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Joseph Agbeko
James Kirkland vs Glen Tapia
Matthew Macklin vs Lamar Russ

The fight I'm probably gonna watch is the Kirkland/Tapia bout, which should have some big hits and would be shocked if it made it past 8 rounds. Though, that Lara/Trout fight could be interesting (I know some ppl might not like Lara's style, but he is probably the most dangerous junior middleweight b/c he's technically sound, good left, and can switch from defensive to attack. His knock is the same as Rigo's, can be too cautious), and the Rigo/Agbeko could be a surprise if Rigo decides to change his style to a more crowd-friendly (and when I mean crowd, I mean general crowd. I personally love watching his technical skills and overall speed. Sure, not flashy but he's so damn polished in technique it's nasty). Should be a good weekend
Share 49ersWebzone