LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

I just read an article on ESPN by Dan Rafael, and he talked about the possibility of Manny/PBF (as every writer does after a PBF or Manny win). What was interesting was how he used the Lennox Lewis/Mike Tyson fight as the format for how the PBF/Pacman fight could be made. HBO/Showtime partnering on a co-PPV, both promoters agreeing to make MILLIONS, and Lewis/Tyson understanding that their fight was required to complete their legacies.

With that in mind, I would like to place a hypothetical question: If this were to happen, and the promoters also agreed to allow three other fights between the to promotion groups to make the most EPIC PPV EVENT EVER (which would cost $80, lol), which fights would you make?

Here's mine:

Event title: The Showdown

Main event: Pacman vs PBF
Obvious pick, the fight we all want to see.

Undercard #1: Andre Ward vs Bernard Hopkins
Yes, I know some of you would rather have Ward vs Govolkin, but that fight is still possible at a later time since their under TR. placing the #2 P4P fighter vs the Legend would be one bad ass fight, especially with BHop having the capacity to possibly "get into the mind" of the normally calm Ward. That and since neither can create great viewing numbers themselves, could get their audience numbers up for future matches by having a great match.

Undercard #2: Gennady Govolkin vs Canelo Alvarez
My mouth is watering at the idea of Govolkin destroying the face of Alvarez, but Canelo can also throw hard punches at Govolkin. Could be the steal of the night.

Undercard #3: Ruslan Provodnikov vs Danny Garcia
I thought about Garcia vs Bradley, but don't see any excitement in that compared to the match above. Could be a main event within itself, but their styles would we RIDICULOUS!!!!
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
I just read an article on ESPN by Dan Rafael, and he talked about the possibility of Manny/PBF (as every writer does after a PBF or Manny win). What was interesting was how he used the Lennox Lewis/Mike Tyson fight as the format for how the PBF/Pacman fight could be made. HBO/Showtime partnering on a co-PPV, both promoters agreeing to make MILLIONS, and Lewis/Tyson understanding that their fight was required to complete their legacies.

With that in mind, I would like to place a hypothetical question: If this were to happen, and the promoters also agreed to allow three other fights between the to promotion groups to make the most EPIC PPV EVENT EVER (which would cost $80, lol), which fights would you make?

Here's mine:

Event title: The Showdown

Main event: Pacman vs PBF
Obvious pick, the fight we all want to see.

Undercard #1: Andre Ward vs Bernard Hopkins
Yes, I know some of you would rather have Ward vs Govolkin, but that fight is still possible at a later time since their under TR. placing the #2 P4P fighter vs the Legend would be one bad ass fight, especially with BHop having the capacity to possibly "get into the mind" of the normally calm Ward. That and since neither can create great viewing numbers themselves, could get their audience numbers up for future matches by having a great match.

Undercard #2: Gennady Govolkin vs Canelo Alvarez
My mouth is watering at the idea of Govolkin destroying the face of Alvarez, but Canelo can also throw hard punches at Govolkin. Could be the steal of the night.

Undercard #3: Ruslan Provodnikov vs Danny Garcia
I thought about Garcia vs Bradley, but don't see any excitement in that compared to the match above. Could be a main event within itself, but their styles would we RIDICULOUS!!!!

That would be an epic card. I'd shell the money out for it. Hell, I'd pay 50 just for the undercard.
Manny didn't look as yoked, but the speed is somewhat still there. Alvarado beat Rios worse than that.

I'm still pulling for Manny. I think one more ''tune up '' type match is needed. As much as Rios wants to deny it, he's a punching bag.

I DO see holes in Manny's game.
When he slips and pop shots the left jab , he has his hands WAYY down. He had his hands down alot yesterday. I don't think he should do that.

Marquez rewired Mannys' whole system so he needs to be cautious or he's going to get dropped.

I never seen Rios fight without throwing sellout punches nonstop but he did yesterday. I think he was nervous.
alvarado beat rios worse? maybe.. but rios couldn't even get off.. that was a perfect fight for pac to get back on track

the way i see it.. pac fights bradley and wins.. then the mayweather fight finally happens..

f*ck a marquez part 5.. or that russian cat.. don't nobody wanna see that
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Max Kellerman called Rios a punching bag.

tbt Max Kelerman is a biatch.

lol no.. rios is a biatch.. airheaded dude.. weakest link in garcia's camp
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
alvarado beat rios worse? maybe.. but rios couldn't even get off.. that was a perfect fight for pac to get back on track

the way i see it.. pac fights bradley and wins.. then the mayweather fight finally happens..

This is what I'm thinking. Rios was a perfect comeback fight for Pac because of the style and Rios still being a relevant name. Bradley will be the next Pac fight. Pac will win a relatively close fight and we may see Mayweather/Pac near the end of 2014.

And, f**k a fight with Marquez (4 is enough) and the Russian cat. No one wants to see that. Bradley/Pac will be a mediocre PPV event anyway. But, I just don't see the Mayweather fight getting wrapped up w/in a couple of months.
Originally posted by sacniner:

This is what I'm thinking. Rios was a perfect comeback fight for Pac because of the style and Rios still being a relevant name. Bradley will be the next Pac fight. Pac will win a relatively close fight and we may see Mayweather/Pac near the end of 2014.

And, f**k a fight with Marquez (4 is enough) and the Russian cat. No one wants to see that. Bradley/Pac will be a mediocre PPV event anyway. But, I just don't see the Mayweather fight getting wrapped up w/in a couple of months.
I want to see Bradley /Pac.
Bradley got that belt handed to him and got the most b.s. decision since the pac fight with Provodnikov.

Most likely , Provodnikov will get the rematch against Bradley and winner fights Pac. (all Arum fighters) Seeing Provodnikov shaking hands and cheering on Pac makes me believe that a Pac and Provodnikov match is bound to take place.
can't wait for December 14th!

telling you one of these dudes going to fight Floyd next
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
can't wait for December 14th!

telling you one of these dudes going to fight Floyd next

broner?
Manny's next fight will be against the tax man.

Fresh off his win over Brandon Rios in Macau, China, and a hero's welcome at GenSan airport upon his arrival back in the Philippines on Monday, it was revealed that boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao has had his bank accounts frozen by the Philippines Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).

At a press briefing, Pacquiao said "I've always wanted to help the victims of the typhoon and earthquake but I was slammed by the BIR with a P2.2 billion ($50 million US) tax case which has no basis. I can't withdraw a single cent from my own money. I can't use it to help. BIR has garnished my money. This money did not come from PDAF or DAP, it came from every punch, sweat, and blood that I've earned from boxing. The BIR claims I earned more than what I actually did, without any evidence to back it up. They ignored information given by Top Rank and HBO and insisted I have earned more. My lawyers have given them all the info that they want and they still refuse to believe. I really don't know why I am being singled out."

Pacquiao, who earned $18 million for his fight with Rios, has suggested that the situation is politically motivated.

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Manny's next fight will be against the tax man.

Fresh off his win over Brandon Rios in Macau, China, and a hero's welcome at GenSan airport upon his arrival back in the Philippines on Monday, it was revealed that boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao has had his bank accounts frozen by the Philippines Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).

At a press briefing, Pacquiao said "I've always wanted to help the victims of the typhoon and earthquake but I was slammed by the BIR with a P2.2 billion ($50 million US) tax case which has no basis. I can't withdraw a single cent from my own money. I can't use it to help. BIR has garnished my money. This money did not come from PDAF or DAP, it came from every punch, sweat, and blood that I've earned from boxing. The BIR claims I earned more than what I actually did, without any evidence to back it up. They ignored information given by Top Rank and HBO and insisted I have earned more. My lawyers have given them all the info that they want and they still refuse to believe. I really don't know why I am being singled out."

Pacquiao, who earned $18 million for his fight with Rios, has suggested that the situation is politically motivated.

filipino corruption at it's finest.. that's some dirty sh*t.. they're tryin' to take his bread
filipino corruption at it's finest.. that's some dirty sh*t.. they're tryin' to take his bread

Manny should just gtfo then. Govt there is ruthless. They kill for fun.
Dont forget this Saturday night....

The black superman aka the Canadian pimp aka mr. touch and go adonis stevenson is fighting on hbo

boxeo
Stevenson and Kovalev punch very hard.
This man Stevenson said his dad died of a karate chop to the chest in a karate tournament... in Haiti. Lying ass dude, almost as bad as the Richard Sherman story where all the gangbangers were scared of his mother so they made sure NOT to recruit him and helped him with his homework. You know damn well no gang wanted Sherman's lame ass.

Regardless of his lies and overall goofy antics, Adonis is my Fighter of the Year so far. Followed by Golovkin, Garcia and Kovalev.
Share 49ersWebzone