There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Nothing has been finalized with Khan. B hop said he can still do 160Lbs. I doubt this fight happens, but the rumors are strong.

He could make more money vs Khan right? There probably won't be as much demand to see a 49 year old Hopkins fight Mayweather. Mayweather will easily beat Khan, but he draws a relatively big international appeal. Obviously England, but the Indian (including Pakistan) community will be interested in this fight as well. That's a s**t load of people
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Nothing has been finalized with Khan. B hop said he can still do 160Lbs. I doubt this fight happens, but the rumors are strong.

He could make more money vs Khan right? There probably won't be as much demand to see a 49 year old Hopkins fight Mayweather. Mayweather will easily beat Khan, but he draws a relatively big international appeal. Obviously England, but the Indian (including Pakistan) community will be interested in this fight as well. That's a s**t load of people

I'm not sure how big of a draw Khan is at this point of his career.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,674
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Nothing has been finalized with Khan. B hop said he can still do 160Lbs. I doubt this fight happens, but the rumors are strong.

He could make more money vs Khan right? There probably won't be as much demand to see a 49 year old Hopkins fight Mayweather. Mayweather will easily beat Khan, but he draws a relatively big international appeal. Obviously England, but the Indian (including Pakistan) community will be interested in this fight as well. That's a s**t load of people

I'm not sure how big of a draw Khan is at this point of his career.

with the UK backing, Khan is easily a bigger draw than B hop at this point in his career.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Nothing has been finalized with Khan. B hop said he can still do 160Lbs. I doubt this fight happens, but the rumors are strong.

He could make more money vs Khan right? There probably won't be as much demand to see a 49 year old Hopkins fight Mayweather. Mayweather will easily beat Khan, but he draws a relatively big international appeal. Obviously England, but the Indian (including Pakistan) community will be interested in this fight as well. That's a s**t load of people

I'm not sure how big of a draw Khan is at this point of his career.

with the UK backing, Khan is easily a bigger draw than B hop at this point in his career.

Exactly. Khan's boxing image has decreased but a fight with Mayweather will be a bigger draw. The UK thing Amir brings up, but I think you guys may be underestimating the Indian demand. There is a s**t load of Indians across the globe. There will be a lot of interest in that market if Khan is fighting Mayweather.
Mothaf**kin GGG tonight boys!
Originally posted by sacniner:
Mothaf**kin GGG tonight boys!


That's for tomorrow.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Mothaf**kin GGG tonight boys!


That's for tomorrow.

Ha! That's what I meant....
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Mothaf**kin GGG tonight boys!


That's for tomorrow.

Ha! That's what I meant....


LOL. I had to check the date again myself.
Holy s**t GGG is such a beast who has great technical skill. He is so accurate and precise with his punches and cuts off the ring really well. How can he not be a boxing fan favorite. Hopefully someone with a big name will actually fight him
Khan won't be such an easy opponent for Mayweather as most people think. He's faster than Floyd, and his speed & combinations will frustrate the Champ. And while Khan has a glass chin, I'm not sure Mayweather has the power to hurt him. It's an interesting matchup, one I've been calling for for a while now.

As for GGG, yeah, he's a monster. Props to Stevens for showing a lot of heart.
ggg would destroy serg lol.. i'd like to see him fight ward
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
ggg would destroy serg lol.. i'd like to see him fight ward

Isn't Ward too big?
Originally posted by sacniner:
Holy s**t GGG is such a beast who has great technical skill. He is so accurate and precise with his punches and cuts off the ring really well. How can he not be a boxing fan favorite. Hopefully someone with a big name will actually fight him

dammit, i missed the fight. gotta find it online. golovkin is sucha monster!
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Holy s**t GGG is such a beast who has great technical skill. He is so accurate and precise with his punches and cuts off the ring really well. How can he not be a boxing fan favorite. Hopefully someone with a big name will actually fight him

dammit, i missed the fight. gotta find it online. golovkin is sucha monster!

He put alot of pressure on stevenson. There are some opportunities to hit and hurt ggg, if you can get by his bombs lol. Big if.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
ggg would destroy serg lol.. i'd like to see him fight ward

Isn't Ward too big?

GGG said he'd be willing to move up to 168lbs or down to 154lbs to get bigger fights. I think a fight with Ward would be interesting, but the fight GGG should make first should be against Carl Froch.

Gives GGG a shot at 168lbs before having to fight the creme of the crop in Ward, puts GGG name against a premiere named fighter in his prime, and let's not forget the #'s Froch will bring in a fight in England. HBO is DROOLING at the thought of this fight, b/c if GGG can knock out Froch (something Ward couldn't do), the story line for a Ward/GGG PPV fight would be astronomical!!!!


Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Khan won't be such an easy opponent for Mayweather as most people think. He's faster than Floyd, and his speed & combinations will frustrate the Champ. And while Khan has a glass chin, I'm not sure Mayweather has the power to hurt him. It's an interesting matchup, one I've been calling for for a while now.

::Insert Khan vs Garcia fight::

No way Khan can pull that off. Yes he's fast, but not that fast.