LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

heavy lies the crown

Whomever won last nights fight would have to fight either Pac, Floyd, Canelo Garce' or the top badasses of the division.
Maybe Marquez took the L for whatever reason. If Pac and that russian dude destroyed Bradley, Marquez could've easily beaten him.

For whatever reason, Marquez looked sluggish and just tired. Maybe time finally got him.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
heavy lies the crown

Whomever won last nights fight would have to fight either Pac, Floyd, Canelo Garce' or the top badasses of the division.
Maybe Marquez took the L for whatever reason. If Pac and that russian dude destroyed Bradley, Marquez could've easily beaten him.

For whatever reason, Marquez looked sluggish and just tired. Maybe time finally got him.

Not necessarily, Marquez always has had issues with counterpunchers, i.e. PBF. I thought Marquez did well, but Bradley showed he is a good fighter. Now, I still think he'd lose to Pacman, but after the debacle of the split decision vs Pacman, he beat the Russian (can't spell his name, lol) and did deserve the win vs Marquez.

If Bradley beats Pacman in a rematch (assuming Pacman beats Rios, if not then I don't think Bradley has to fight Pacman), I'd LOVE to see him fight Alvarado (whom I think beats the Russian this weekend) and open the opportunity to face PBF next September/October. Now, Bradley clearly isn't "Top 3 in the world" , but he is definitely in the upper echelon of fighters at this time.

Just for fun, here's a list of my top choice to fight Bradley:

1a. Manny Pacquiao
1b. Mike Alvarado

All depends if Pacman wins. If he does win, then Pacman shakes the "shot fighter" cloud over his head after the Marquez KO loss and puts up a great PPV that places a more established Bradley to redeem the controversial "win" as a resound victory.
If Pacman loses, Bradley has no need to fight Pacman and should take the fight versus Alvarado, who provides a great opponent with an established name and hard hitting reputation. Though, the allure of an Alvarado/Rios 3 if both Rios and Alvarado both win their fights would be too hard to pass up money wise.

2. Ruslan Provodnikov rematch

Okay, figured out how to spell his name. It was a killer fight before (nominated for Fight of the Year), and if he beats Alvarado this weekend, you would have a great build up for a rematch. Loses any luster if he loses to Alvarado (which I predict will happen).

3. Danny Garcia

Great styles and would be great boxing. Only happens if Bradley leaves TR, but wouldn't put it past Bradley.

4. PBF

Too much money for Bradley to pass up, but wouldn't happen until next September at earliest, since Khan apparently is the next victim, err I mean opponent for PBF. Might not be the most exciting fight, but would have a chance against PBF (yes, I say he would. Everyone thinks PBF could only lose to a brawler, but as everyone has seen, PBF outclasses brawlers after 2 rounds. It would be interesting if PBF, at his age, try to keep up with another tactician who is younger and disciplined in defense. Don't think Bradley would win, but he is in the discussion of Top 5 fighters with the best chance).

5. Brandon Rios

Only list this fight b/c of the TR affiliation. Don't like the fight b/c I think Bradley would just jab and run away for 12 rounds while Rios would just walk around the ring trying to get up close. Would be one of the most boring fights ever...
good post,meng.
This Alvarado-Provo is a tear-up!
Fight of the year candi
Fight of the year candi

Not over Bradley/Provodnikov or Figueroa/Arakawa
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
f**k Tim Bradley. Good fighter but not special in my eyes.
Originally posted by Amir:
f**k Tim Bradley. Good fighter but not special in my eyes.

He's very good. Really athletic in the ring, fast hands and feet. And his heart is second to no one. Oh, and he's got that bigass head, too. You have to give that man his credit. He's a great champion. And after watching Provodnikov take Mike Alvarado's heart last night you appreciate him even more.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Anyone catch that 30 for 30 episode No Mas last week? Pretty good stuff.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Muggins:

nah. didn't even know espn was doing a story on it. thanks for letting me/us know.

is it mainly about the hype and that actual fight or does it mainly focus on roberto duran's life/career?

• MuggD
  • Veteran

nah. didn't even know espn was doing a story on it. thanks for letting me/us know.

is it mainly about the hype and that actual fight or does it mainly focus on roberto duran's life/career?

It's mainly about the hype and the fight and then how Duran celebrated too much, got fat, took the rematch on short notice and then quit mid 2nd fight. Leonard goes down to visit Duran too. Kind of awkward.

It's mainly about the hype and the fight and then how Duran celebrated too much, got fat, took the rematch on short notice and then quit mid 2nd fight. Leonard goes down to visit Duran too. Kind of awkward.

I dvrd it'. I didn't know Duran hated Sugar Ray with a passion.
Duran even flipped off Sugars' wifey.
Brolic nicca lol

These russian cats are some killers. Provadicov (sp?) VWladimir Klicthcokcoo (sp?) Golgovokin (sp?) The Klictcho renisannse (sp?)
I dvrd it'. I didn't know Duran hated Sugar Ray with a passion.
Duran even flipped off Sugars' wifey.
Brolic nicca lol

These russian cats are some killers. Provadicov (sp?) VWladimir Klicthcokcoo (sp?) Golgovokin (sp?) The Klictcho renisannse (sp?)

Wait until you see Sergey Kovalev
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Fight of the year candi

Not over Bradley/Provodnikov or Figueroa/Arakawa

My choice for Fight of the Year, but won't be surprised if Bradley/Provodnikov steals it w/ the bigger names.

Since Provodnikov won, there's definitely a strong chance of a Bradley rematch, unless Pacman beats Rios, then Bradley should/will take the Pacman rematch to make $$$ and prove to the world he "deserved" the win. If that does happen, I wouldn't be shocked if he fights Rios (which would be EPIC!!!), but the possibility of pairing a Pacman/Bradley rematch with Alvarado/Rios 3 would be too good for Arum to pass up.

The one fight I'd want Provodnikov to have is against Mattyssee, but the damn GB/TR bull crap won't allow it...is there any chance Provodnikov can get out of TR contract? I'd be terrible to lose out on Provodnikov facing the best of the 140-147lb fighters in the world.
who is Mattyssee fighting next? I thought Garcia got away with alot of headbutts and did get caught with the low blows..

Garcia said he was going to go on vacation, so I doubt Mattysse gets a quick rematch.
Share 49ersWebzone