There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Glovokin destroys fools.

For some reason , this guy STARCHES fools.

Once again doe, to beat The Running Man, Floyd, you have to jog and not get jabbed in the face just to stand in front of him and actually box him. Floyd can run because he's the promoter and champ.

Omfg tony!
Originally posted by sacniner:
Can't wait until my boy GGG fights on Nov 2nd. There are small rumblings of Floyd possibly fighting Glovokin. I find it almost impossible to picture Floyd moving up to in weight to fight a killer like GGG.

Demon and the rest of the boxing aficionados, what do you guys think of Glovokin? Flash in the pan, or a real beast? I am starting to look forward to his fights more than anyone else.

That dudes impressive. Moneys set at 147. Ggg can move up and still b succsessful. Dont see them meeting.
GGG is a strong fighter with great power. But you have to gauge him by who he has fought. Until he breaks out and beats a world class fighter, I have my doubts.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
GGG is a strong fighter with great power. But you have to gauge him by who he has fought. Until he breaks out and beats a world class fighter, I have my doubts.

I feel you on that. I didn't know that he is nearing 31 already. He needs to step up competition quickly. Its just really fun to watch him fight because he is seriously always thinking knockout.

I think Amir is right about Floyd fighting Khan. I see that fight happening and I think it'll be a relatively good PPV draw. That will be easy work for Floyd, of course.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
GGG is a strong fighter with great power. But you have to gauge him by who he has fought. Until he breaks out and beats a world class fighter, I have my doubts.

I feel you on that. I didn't know that he is nearing 31 already. He needs to step up competition quickly. Its just really fun to watch him fight because he is seriously always thinking knockout.

I think Amir is right about Floyd fighting Khan. I see that fight happening and I think it'll be a relatively good PPV draw. That will be easy work for Floyd, of course.

Yeah. A quick pay fight for Floyd.

Looking back at Canelo, the same argument could be made about his opposition. Canelo fought a lot of faded fighters on his way up. The only fighter he fought in his prime so far is Trout.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,023
man, i pray we can see floyd vs King Serg. I know it won't ever happen but it would be legit.
Originally posted by Amir:
man, i pray we can see floyd vs King Serg. I know it won't ever happen but it would be legit.


A couple of years ago it was a superfight. Now Martinez is too fragile.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Can't wait until my boy GGG fights on Nov 2nd. There are small rumblings of Floyd possibly fighting Glovokin. I find it almost impossible to picture Floyd moving up to in weight to fight a killer like GGG.

Demon and the rest of the boxing aficionados, what do you guys think of Glovokin? Flash in the pan, or a real beast? I am starting to look forward to his fights more than anyone else.

love watching Glovokin!
I hope Pac wins by a ko and sets up that one fight that was a couple years too late.


Weird how I find myself rooting for Pac. I worked with and know alot of Pinoys and they were SO annoying when Pac would win. Nowadays, it's all doubt and downplayed.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I hope Pac wins by a ko and sets up that one fight that was a couple years too late.


Weird how I find myself rooting for Pac. I worked with and know alot of Pinoys and they were SO annoying when Pac would win. Nowadays, it's all doubt and downplayed.

Assuming Pac wins, Pac Man vs Mayweather would still be a huge draw. Everyone who has been frustarated, including myself, and saying they don't care about it would end up watching it. I hope they fight. Doubt it though. Seems as if he would fight Khan (if he beats Alexander) or Danny Garcia.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,023
when does manny's contract with Top Rank (Daddy Arum) expire?

that's the only we'll ever see floyd vs manny. if he leaves Arum.

im really not interested anymore. pac has zero chance. would still watch doe. so would tons of people.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,023
JCC vs Vera next sat night.

haven't gotten a chance to really Vera fight. Does he pose a legit challenge to JCC?
David Haye and Tyson Fury won't happen...
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
David Haye and Tyson Fury won't happen...

Fury glassed him
Jcc jrs camp trying to set the weight at the weigh in lol
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home