LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
all he ever says is ''turn up.'' like everyone else.

"turn up" is the new "yolo"

both fckin annoying
Turnip
Turnakit.
Wow, Garcia/Mattyssee added onto Canelo/PBF card...talk about EPIC!!!!!!!!!

Guess I'm shelling the extra 10 bucks for HD
Originally posted by ninerdemonsjotoplasm:

Beat me to it.
Originally posted by ninerdemonsjotoplasm:

f**k it, me too!
when Mattyssee knocked out his last opponent a couple pages back, the zoomed in to Garcia and he looked shook.

I like Garcia. This is going to be power vs power. Mattyssee obviously is the favorite, but this will still be amazing. This ppv is going to put up huge numbers.
I'm not quite sold on this mattysse yet
and definitely do not feel like he should be the favorite

Garcia has skills and is not going to just stand there and get bombed on like the last guy

Omg I am so excited for this s***
Matthysse should definitely be the favorite, but I absolutely love Garcia. All he does is beat the man in front of him every time. His speed, footwork, defense and power are all underrated. I hope he wins and silences the critics. Lara is supposed to be fighting Trout, too. Another great matchup.
Garcia's pops is that dude lol

just bought this shirt #tyson

Originally posted by SF69ers:
just bought this shirt #tyson

want.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
want.

surprisingly, i found it on the urban outfitters site lol. i've never bought anything from that store before, but i seent this shirt and WANTED.

they got a couple cool boxing shirts on that site tho
Emile Griffith, one of the finest welterweights and middleweights in boxing history, passed away in New York today at age 75.

Boxing as a pro from his 1958 debut to his final fight in 1977, a points loss to Britain's Alan Minter, Griffith of The Virgin Islands was probably best known for his three-fight series with Benny "Kid" Paret. It was during the third savage encounter between the two, contesting the world welterweight title Griffith had won from Paret in their first fight (via KO 13) that Paret took a terrible beating, later falling into a coma and dying.

Paret had called Griffith a homosexual, and the nasty grudge-match reached way beyond mere sport. Peret, having won the second fight (SD15) lost his life in March of 1962, while Griffith never fully recovered himself. Haunted by the 12th-round KO that took Paret's life, Griffith – though he went on to win many more welterweight title bouts and the WBC and WBA middleweight belts – was never quite the same fighter after the Paret tragedy.

In later years, Griffith suffered from dementia, and in retirement he also "came out" and announced he was indeed gay. A number of fine documentaries were made on Griffith, 2005′s "Ring of Fire" earning rave reviews.

Griffith, who fought such notable fighters as Paret (three times), Don Fullmer, Luis Rodriguez, Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, Dick Tiger, Joey Archer, Nino Benvenuti, Jose Napoles and Carlos Monzon retired with a 85-24-2(23) record. He was inducted into The Hall of Fame in 1990.
ND

While I don't understand, I can appreciate and respect your continued fight for your peoples equality.
Share 49ersWebzone