There are 167 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by SF69ers:
man, what a monster.

Mike in his prime had such great foot work and defensive skill. His head movement is so under rated. He was quick and always in a position to punch with power.

He made the maize ball popular. Too bad you don't see many trainers use it or use it properly.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Mike in his prime had such great foot work and defensive skill. His head movement is so under rated. He was quick and always in a position to punch with power.

He made the maize ball popular. Too bad you don't see many trainers use it or use it properly.

his footwork made him look light as a feather! and i've always been a fan of his head movement. can't hit a moving target.

his footwork made him look light as a feather! and i've always been a fan of his head movement. can't hit a moving target.

In his prime there was never a more complete heavyweight. Ali was slightly better in all categories but Tyson has that punching power.

In his prime there was never a more complete heavyweight. Ali was slightly better in all categories but Tyson has that punching power.

yup. ali had the stamina while tyson had the power.

yup. ali had the stamina while tyson had the power.

If Tyson couldn't get you out early in a fight, he would start to get frustrated and be more open to getting countered.
canelo vs ployd is mind bottling

the scenarios:

1) Floyd will beat the hell out of Canelo. Canelo just stands there and relies on his power. From the pics , it doesn't even look like Canelo is bigger than Floyd . This is supposed to be power vs speed but Floyd has just the same size and reach.

2) It will be a boring sparfest. Floyd will payoff the ref again to be able to hold and run as much as he pleases and get a huge ring to do so. Canelo will have no choice but to chase him because of the boos and will be open to a jab.

C) Canelo wins . Floyd loses . Age is considered. Rematch n steff. Millions on millions again.

I now do not see Canelo winning IF young Floyd shows up. They make you think that Canelo was huger than Floyd but he's about the same size.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
canelo vs ployd is mind bottling

the scenarios:

1) Floyd will beat the hell out of Canelo. Canelo just stands there and relies on his power. From the pics , it doesn't even look like Canelo is bigger than Floyd . This is supposed to be power vs speed but Floyd has just the same size and reach.

2) It will be a boring sparfest. Floyd will payoff the ref again to be able to hold and run as much as he pleases and get a huge ring to do so. Canelo will have no choice but to chase him because of the boos and will be open to a jab.

C) Canelo wins . Floyd loses . Age is considered. Rematch n steff. Millions on millions again.

I now do not see Canelo winning IF young Floyd shows up. They make you think that Canelo was huger than Floyd but he's about the same size.

I think Floyd will show up motivated for this one. Canelo showed vast improvement on defense last time out. But Floyd is still Floyd. He will probably like to make a statement.
I think Floyd will show up motivated for this one. Canelo showed vast improvement on defense last time out. But Floyd is still Floyd. He will probably like to make a statement.

ever since he got out of jail, he's looked motivated. i liked his demeanor. almost like "business" in the ring.

ever since he got out of jail, he's looked motivated. i liked his demeanor. almost like "business" in the ring.

He knows the time is ticking. He wants to make all the money that he can and cement his legacy as one of the all time greats.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
man, what a monster.

f**k! that brings back so many memories. IDGAF what anyone says, Tyson in his prime would whoop on ANY boxer of any generation.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
f**k! that brings back so many memories. IDGAF what anyone says, Tyson in his prime would whoop on ANY boxer of any generation.

toughest job in history: being Tyson's sparring partner.
man, what a monster.

STFU and GTFO.

I give Ali a slight edge but very slight.
As Jeff pointed out, Ali had the better conditioning.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
STFU and GTFO.

Ali would never make it out of the first
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I remember when he got out of jail, the city bus stop by my house put up this huge poster of Mike Tyson. It was him in black and white, arms crossed and it read "HE'S BACK" at the bottom. One night I headed over there, busted the glass and took the poster home.
STFU and GTFO.

Ali would never make it out of the first

This.
Share 49ersWebzone