There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

I don't know if you guys have been following Adrian on Twitter

seems like he been going through a rough time

I doubt it will affect performance maybe will even improve it.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
well fight weekend is here
as much as I want Adrian to get punched in the mouth
I'm pretty sure he's going to clown Polly

thoughts....

Adrian is a very skilled fighter. He has had good power. the big question is will that power carry over from when he was at the lower weight class. Can Paulie take Broners punch? If Broner can't use power to get Pauli's respect he still has the boxing skill sets to out box Paulie. Paulie has good all around skill set but nothing really stands out. I say Broner by 12 round UD.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Adrian is a very skilled fighter. He has had good power. the big question is will that power carry over from when he was at the lower weight class. Can Paulie take Broners punch? If Broner can't use power to get Pauli's respect he still has the boxing skill sets to out box Paulie. Paulie has good all around skill set but nothing really stands out. I say Broner by 12 round UD.

With all the s**t that was talked, I wanna see someone get knocked out... That slut that broner brought into the mix is probably amped up. Her chance at 15 secs of tv time
That was some Rocke'm Sock'em robots.. Bika vs Periban
Bika vs Periban was a crazy! I thought that fight was going to suck. I want to see a rematch. Periban should've kept boxing to win a boring decision but now he lost it for some on a up in the air scorecards.
Wow lol the post fight was as entertaining as the fight!
Originally posted by Muggins:

word. Broner said I took his belt and his girl. lol
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Muggins:

word. Broner said I took his belt and his girl. lol

Broner should have been more busy. He won the fight, but didnt seem interested. He could have made it more entertaining for that fans. Also, I know he is young, but someone needs to teach him about sportsmanship and class. After the fight show some respect. Even when Floyd was young he wasn't this muh of a douche after the fight.

Broner needs to fight some better fighters before he gets this cocky. But it was funny that Paulie got super pissed when broner said he took his girl lol
I don't know. If you're the champ they have to ko you or beat you down convincingly.Adrien just shoulder rolled every round and would just pop shot once in awhile. Broner seemed like he got the benefit of the doubt by being labeled the next big thing.
His shtiy attitude will cost him fans and numbers. Dude will get slaughtered if he stays welterweight being only 5'5''. Looking at Broners' dad being fat a f, I think Adrien will stay at welter lol Can't wait until a real welter beats that midget down.

As for the ring WTF?

Did they try to make a ring that would make more ko's ? It almost caved in .

Pretty good day of boxing on Saturday. Even with the Mitchell/Banks letdown (both pretty much lost out on any chance of a Klistcho bout with that snorefest), the Bika-Periban fight made up for it (not a boxing match, just two guys punching each other out in the back alley of a bar, very entertaining) and the Broner-Malinaggi bout was exciting throughout.

Been into a few heated discussions about the outcome, I thought Broner should've been unanimous 117-111. Yes, Paulie was "busy" with volume punching, but where was he landing? To me, it looked like he threw 50 punches a round, but only landed like 8, unless boxing now counts hitting the arms as landing a punch, then he was 45/50. Paulie seemed reckless and it definitely screwed him over later in the fight, since he looked exhausted from Round 6 on. Yes, I know Broner wasn't throwing punches at a high level, but why did he need to? Every punch he threw seemed to land, and Every punch showed to affect Paulie.

Sure, Broner didn't KO him, but there were a few rounds that if Broner had started throwing punches w/45 seconds left instead of 40 seconds that Paulie was about to fall over. Definitely thought Broner was classless, but the thing is, did anyone expect anything less? I mean ANYONE? Been a shyt talking series, I loved the trash talking during the fight, and the end just culminated what was shown between each fighter throughout.

I would actually prefer Broner going down to 140lbs to take advantage of his power, seeing that he's only 5'5. Here's my list on who I'd like to see him fight next:

1. Amir Khan: Great matchup for Broner. Big name in Khan, very similar to Malinaggi in style (fast w/no power), and has shown a weaker jaw. Would be an easy sell.
2. Marcos Maidana: Very risky, but could be very exciting. Broner definitely has never faced a guy this powerful, but would like to see if Broner listens to PBF's suggestions on footwork from last night and works the counter game. If he couldn't KO Paulie, there's NO way he'd be able to KO Maidana.
3. Andre Berto: Won't happen with the Top Rank/GB crap, but the styles would make for a pretty sweet matchup.

Can't wait for GGG vs Macklin!!!
Originally posted by sacniner:
Broner should have been more busy. He won the fight, but didnt seem interested. He could have made it more entertaining for that fans. Also, I know he is young, but someone needs to teach him about sportsmanship and class. After the fight show some respect. Even when Floyd was young he wasn't this muh of a douche after the fight.

Broner needs to fight some better fighters before he gets this cocky. But it was funny that Paulie got super pissed when broner said he took his girl lol

Yeah Broner makes floyd look like a choir boy. His act won't change though.

In the Ring Broner does need to work on his footwork like Floyd suggested. He's too quick and athletic to be fighting so flat footed.
f**k broner. the guy is a dick, trying too hard to be like a*****e Floyd. that third scorecard seemed WAY off, btw.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
f**k broner. the guy is a dick, trying too hard to be like a*****e Floyd. that third scorecard seemed WAY off, btw.

I don't understand these kinds of thoughts.
Floyd is the best business man insports right now.

I feel like a lot of people think that all blacks the same.

I don't see the comparison.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I don't understand these kinds of thoughts.
Floyd is the best business man insports right now.

I feel like a lot of people think that all blacks the same.

I don't see the comparison.

i meant Floyd back in the day where he would just continue to talk s**t to build bad blood to make more money. as a boxer, i feel honored to have been able to watch him fight. and now, that he's older and out of prison, it looks like he's finally matured.

broner on the other hand is trying so damn hard to build the bad guy persona cuz he knows fans don't like him which in turn would have viewers check in to his fights just to see him lose. the dancing entrance, the s**t talking style, the unprofessional spinning uppercuts, and the post fight interview was too damn much.
was having trouble falling asleep the other night, then I found some boxing on TV. THANKS BOXING!