LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
That China venue is HUGE

They can fit a RECORD number of people on there. I imagine winner gets either Floyd,(doubt Floyd will want to have a serious fight with a serious contender for a while)
JMM or that paper champ Bradley.

I'm tellin you that China stadium would be a fatter payoff than any of Runweathers' venues. Plus , Asians .

JMM and Bradley are already fighting in September.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
omg f**k pac.....

the LOSER of a fight gets picked

Lol what a joke.

Um, he was the loser of a fight that was a close decision (115-113, 115-113, and 114-113), and let's not forget Rios won the first bout by KO. This isn't like Manny picking Paul Williams (Miss him ) after the 2nd round decimation Sergio Martinez laid on him.

The main reason in my mind he chose Rios over Alvarado was for fighting style. Rios' style (and chin) will sell for one hell of a fight, though I am conflicted b/c these are two of my favorite fighters!
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
That China venue is HUGE

They can fit a RECORD number of people on there. I imagine winner gets either Floyd,(doubt Floyd will want to have a serious fight with a serious contender for a while)

I'm tellin you that China stadium would be a fatter payoff than any of Runweathers' venues. Plus , Asians .

Top Rank says that they want to use that venue to attract all of the asian money and the fact that the stadium fills a record number of people. They want eventually, a huge name mega fights at that place. They'll probably have that chino olympian dude fight on the undercard or whatever.
Three-time world champion in different divisions Miguel Cotto reportedly could earn a purse of $10 million in a September 14th showdown against undefeated WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The fight would be a production of Canelo Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and Miguel Cotto Promotions so the negotiations to reach a financial agreement shouldn't present problems given Cotto's close relationship with Oscar de la Hoya, President of GBP. Although Cotto has lost his last two fights, his market value hasn't diminished dramatically due to how close the fights were against Floyd Mayweather Jr. and then Austin Trout.
Three-time world champion in different divisions Miguel Cotto reportedly could earn a purse of $10 million in a September 14th showdown against undefeated WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The fight would be a production of Canelo Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and Miguel Cotto Promotions so the negotiations to reach a financial agreement shouldn't present problems given Cotto's close relationship with Oscar de la Hoya, President of GBP. Although Cotto has lost his last two fights, his market value hasn't diminished dramatically due to how close the fights were against Floyd Mayweather Jr. and then Austin Trout.

2 of my favorite boxers, would watch
That China venue is HUGE

Top Rank says that they want to use that venue to attract all of the asian money and the fact that the stadium fills a record number of people. They want eventually, a huge name mega fights at that place. They'll probably have that chino olympian dude fight on the undercard or whatever.

They are charging $5 - $6 for the fight, So what Asian money or they going to get? I know Pac-Man won't be getting that Mayweather Money ($32 Mill), LOL.

Also, what happen's if Rio's taps Pac-Man's sesitive chin and KO's him like JMM did? Will you guys still be crying about Mayweather not fighting him, or will you say MP should lower all of his demands and fight Floyd anyway? MP should have fought Robert Guerrero in his next fight.
Originally posted by valrod33:
2 of my favorite boxers, would watch

+1
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
omg f**k pac.....

Lol what a joke.

Um, he was the loser of a fight that was a close decision (115-113, 115-113, and 114-113), and let's not forget Rios won the first bout by KO. This isn't like Manny picking Paul Williams (Miss him ) after the 2nd round decimation Sergio Martinez laid on him.

The main reason in my mind he chose Rios over Alvarado was for fighting style. Rios' style (and chin) will sell for one hell of a fight, though I am conflicted b/c these are two of my favorite fighters!
thanks for the response.... i was not in a very good mood yesterday
Originally posted by glorydayz:
That China venue is HUGE

They are charging $5 - $6 for the fight, So what Asian money or they going to get? I know Pac-Man won't be getting that Mayweather Money ($32 Mill), LOL.

Also, what happen's if Rio's taps Pac-Man's sesitive chin and KO's him like JMM did? Will you guys still be crying about Mayweather not fighting him, or will you say MP should lower all of his demands and fight Floyd anyway? MP should have fought Robert Guerrero in his next fight.

There is an incentive to do big fights in China because there is less taxes to pay than in the US. The live gate is only a small portion. The real money comes from endorsements and pay per view buys.

The Rios vs Manny match up is more attractive because of both of their styles. It would make a good action fight. Besides why would Guerrero wait around a year to fight Paquiao when he could cash in on a Mayweather fight?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
omg f**k pac.....

Lol what a joke.

....Hope everything is better, but just in case:

do you guys use twitter?

Paulie maggilno is crakin on Broner... funny stuff

Not our fault bro.

Man the f*ck up and handle your bizness.

Not our fault bro.

Lol my bad your right
Not our fault bro.

Lol my bad your right

Just f*cking with you bro.

You know I got your back.

Who do I need to go beat up?
Share 49ersWebzone