LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Also, T-minus 4 days to my FOTY prediction!
Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing 35m

Mike Alvarado, has agreed to face Pacquiao, I'm told.( That doesn't mean it's a done deal) But they are meeting Arum on Thurs in LV #boxing

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
looking ahead, I wouldn't mind Rigo vs Broner or Gary Russell Jr.

Depends on how Broner adjusts to welterweight, not a big fan of a Gary Russell Jr. bout with Rigo. Wouldn't mind seeing Rigo vs Mares bout.

If Broner adjusts to welterweight, who wouldn't like a Broner vs Garcia bout?

Its a huge jump. Two fights ago Broner was at 130Lbs.

Oh I know, isn't he still scheduled to fight Paulie Mags @ welterweight? I'm really worried the gain in weight will slow him down and his power is great @ 130lbs, but how does it transition to 147lbs? Would've preferred he stay lower in weight before moving up to possibly junior welter in like a year or two, not straight up to welterweight.

Mosley did it from 135 to 17 to beat Oscar. But Mosley was a solid 135lbs. Broner might be trying to do too much.

I'm not saying he can't, but why would he risk such a high jump with so much competition closer to his weight class? I'd still give Broner the advantage just by talent and style alone, but just worried his speed might suffer and he drastically relies on it, unlike Mosely who I feel relied more on his power which did translate.

A shot at Money before he hangs 'em up I'd guess.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
A shot at Money before he hangs 'em up I'd guess.

I thought he said he'd never fight Floyd? I guess if the "Money" is right (hehe, didn't even mean for that to happen ) anything is possible

whats going on ?

whos fighting ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

whats going on ?

whos fighting ?

Canelo vs Trout on Saturday
canelo booooooy...
Just three days before the biggest fight of his career, the Attorney General from the State of Jalisco, Mexico has asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant against WBC super welterweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. Media in Mexico are reporting that the warrant is in response to a complaint filed by former IBF light flyweight champion Ulises "Archi" Solis who alleges that Canelo broke his jaw after an argument over a woman in October 2011.

Authorities are also seeking a warrant against Canelo's brother Juan Ramon Alvarez for allegedly making false declarations to a magistrate.

Canelo has always denied that he hit Solis and insists that it was his brother who hit "Archi" as an act of self-defense. Solis claims they are lying to protect Canelo's image.
Just three days before the biggest fight of his career, the Attorney General from the State of Jalisco, Mexico has asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant against WBC super welterweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. Media in Mexico are reporting that the warrant is in response to a complaint filed by former IBF light flyweight champion Ulises "Archi" Solis who alleges that Canelo broke his jaw after an argument over a woman in October 2011.

Authorities are also seeking a warrant against Canelo's brother Juan Ramon Alvarez for allegedly making false declarations to a magistrate.

Canelo has always denied that he hit Solis and insists that it was his brother who hit "Archi" as an act of self-defense. Solis claims they are lying to protect Canelo's image.

Psch, really? So the flyweight picked a fight with two middleweights over a girl, got beat up, and now has taken almost two years to get an arrest warrant?

Sounds more like Solis trying to get some $$$ after getting his ass kicked...doesn't anyone know girls aren't worth it? just saying

whats going on ?

whos fighting ?

oh snap

PPV or Cable ?

whats going on ?

whos fighting ?

oh snap

PPV or Cable ?

Saturday, April 20th on Showtime (Cable) @ 10PM Eastern /7PM Pacific

whats going on ?

whos fighting ?

oh snap

PPV or Cable ?

Saturday, April 20th on Showtime (Cable) @ 10PM Eastern /7PM Pacific

Thanks Bro !
Thanks Bro !

No prob
I thought this s**t was on PPV, trying to go to La Vic's to watch it

Psch, really? So the flyweight picked a fight with two middleweights over a girl, got beat up, and now has taken almost two years to get an arrest warrant?

Sounds more like Solis trying to get some $$$ after getting his ass kicked...doesn't anyone know girls aren't worth it? just saying

I guess Solis is trying hard to get inside Canelos' head and make him lose.
Share 49ersWebzone