There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Clotteys legit though, but his emotions always get the best of him.

I'd like to see Quintana vs Clottey
I thought that Quntana vs Williams 2 fight was fixed

Clottey fought well but he should of beat Cotto. And agreed Williams would demolish both of them. I like to see if Pac man wants to fight Williams

Pacman would never fight Williams for the same reason no one else has. Paul Williams OWNS 147 and 154. And if he wants to own 160, he'll have to face Pavlik. You just have to feel for the guy. Dude can't get any big fights.

Supposedly Pacquiao, who was ringside for Clottey/Cotto has put the orders in for Arum to finalize Cotto/Pacman in November:
Cotto/Pacman Nov. 14?

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Jun 16, 2009 at 10:45:34 ]
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Clotteys legit though, but his emotions always get the best of him.

I'd like to see Quintana vs Clottey
I thought that Quntana vs Williams 2 fight was fixed

Clottey fought well but he should of beat Cotto. And agreed Williams would demolish both of them. I like to see if Pac man wants to fight Williams

Pacman would never fight Williams for the same reason no one else has. Paul Williams OWNS 147 and 154. And if he wants to own 160, he'll have to face Pavlik. You just have to feel for the guy. Dude can't get any big fights.

Supposedly Pacquiao, who was ringside for Clottey/Cotto has put the orders in for Arum to finalize Cotto/Pacman in November:
Cotto/Pacman Nov. 14?

I would've wanted Pac and Mayweather, but it looks like that won't happen anytime soon because of Mayweather's injury. Did you guys hear Arum say that Mayweather doesn't want to fight tough opponents like Cotto or Pac? He said that Floyd wouldn't be able to handle a loss LOL.

I like Cotto and Pac, but I think Pac wins it.
^^ It's true. A loss or even a draw would be emotionally devastating to Mayweather. His whole ploy is built upon being undefeated and untouchable.
SMH at mayweather.. f*cking p*ssy
Cotto vs Pac?

Weaksauce.

I'd rather see Clottey vs Pac, or Moseley vs Pac.

Cotto was bleeding like a stuck pig last weekend and won by a point deducting headbutt.
Cotto vs Pac?

Weaksauce.

I'd rather see Clottey vs Pac, or Moseley vs Pac.

Cotto was bleeding like a stuck pig last weekend and won by a point deducting headbutt.

I dont think there was ever a point deduction.
part of an article i just read.. i use it for motivation

"Boxing is a skill sport, first and foremost. Past champions have been short and tall, fast and slow. Just as no two boxers are identical, no two champions are the same. Each champion possesses his own unique blend of boxing ability, speed, power, and fortitude. One common denominator however is often described as heart. To be successful in this game, you must be willing to fight with courage and intensity. The most naturally gifted athletes will not last without the will and desire to win. There is no path to the top of the boxing mountain without heart. To those fighters who are hung up on physical deficits, my advice is to focus your energy on factors within your control. Adapt a style that best suits you as an individual. Hard work and determination will often defeat the more skilled fighter who lacks the same resilience."

"We cannot blame our lack of height or speed for failure. The only cause of failure is a lack of motivation and hard work. Do not impose limitations on your ability. The mind can either help or hurt you. We have heard that styles make fights, so do styles make fighters? The answer is no. The fighter himself is responsible for his development as a fighter. Whether your opponent is tall, a slugger, a runner, a southpaw or a speedster, there is a way to beat him. Each style has its own strengths and weaknesses. Do not allow your mind to play tricks on you." - Marshall Kauffman
Latest Bob Arum interview suggests catchweight would be between 144-145 instead of 142-143 as initially suggested for Pacman/Cotto.

I would've figured Cotto to be a bit bigger (outside of weight).

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Jun 19, 2009 at 19:11:23 ]
watched the Marquez vs Diaz and marquez is something else. I don't know why pacman won't give him that rematch after marquez lost the first fight but should have won it and in the second one you can even argue that could have won that fight.

BTW is more impressed with how good he is at his age like mosley.

[ Edited by Thizz415 on Jun 19, 2009 at 19:49:26 ]
Originally posted by Thizz415:
watched the Marquez vs Diaz and marquez is something else. I don't know why pacman won't give him that rematch after marquez lost the first fight but should have won it and in the second one you can even argue that could have won that fight.

Marquez is a different beast. That Diaz fight was VERY IMPRESSIVE. I think the thing with the third installment in that trilogy, Pacman figured the timing was right in moving up classes and finding bigger fights. Especially since the second fight could've gone either way, I figure his camp wanted to capitalize on their win. Had Pacman lost that second fight, he too would've wanted a rematch.

Outside of Mosley, Marquez is the one other fighter perfectly capable of defeating Pacman.

The only fights I see Pacman possibly having to round out his career are against Cotto in November, a Mayweather bout early-mid 2010, and then possibly the third and final Marquez bout in the junior welterweight division.

I just seriously hope he isn't going to be in the election in 2010.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by Thizz415:

Marquez is a different beast. That Diaz fight was VERY IMPRESSIVE. I think the thing with the third installment in that trilogy, Pacman figured the timing was right in moving up classes and finding bigger fights. Especially since the second fight could've gone either way, I figure his camp wanted to capitalize on their win. Had Pacman lost that second fight, he too would've wanted a rematch.

Outside of Mosley, Marquez is the one other fighter perfectly capable of defeating Pacman.

The only fights I see Pacman possibly having to round out his career are against Cotto in November, a Mayweather bout early-mid 2010, and then possibly the third and final Marquez bout in the junior welterweight division.

I just seriously hope he isn't going to be in the election in 2010.

true but by that time i hope marquez is still marquez and not slowing down because he will be 36 by then and a lot could happen to marquez from here to then especially at his age. Lets hope for the rematch sooner than later but i also think cotto will give pacman a good fight but if cotto lands his punches pacman will be in trouble because i don't think he has fought anyone with the type of power of cotto.

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jun 24, 2009 at 15:19:41 ]
Please.

Cotto is way outmatched against Pacquio.

I'm hoping for another badass KO win for Pac
Victor Ortiz tonite for FREE on HBO.
Please.

Cotto is way outmatched against Pacquio.

I'm hoping for another badass KO win for Pac

Really don't think he has a chance?