There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Oct. 17 vs Mosley is still talk. I haven't seen anything online yet confirming the bout with Mosley.

Just more stuff about Mosley waiting...and waiting....and waiting...

Pac/Mosley at 144 would be a very very dangerous fight for Pacman. Without a doubt. I'd rather see him face Cotto. Take a tune-up fight. But to fight Mosley.

I don't think we're going to see or hear anything out of Pac's camp until the Mayweather/Marquez fight goes down.

Everything I'm hearing, reading...it won't be advisable for Pac to fight Mosley anywhere north of 143. Mosley is willing..(check it out) to fight Manny

1. giving Manny the 60/40 edge in profits
2. giving Manny a mandatory rematch should Sugar Shane win
3. fight Manny @ a 144lb. catchweight
4. put his welterweight belt on the line

Everything leading me to believe Mosley just isn't doing it just for the money..it's cuz he knows he can beat Pac.

Just hope the Pacman camp is smart about it.

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Jun 9, 2009 at 09:31:01 ]
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Oct. 17 vs Mosley is still talk. I haven't seen anything online yet confirming the bout with Mosley.

Just more stuff about Mosley waiting...and waiting....and waiting...

Pac/Mosley at 144 would be a very very dangerous fight for Pacman. Without a doubt. I'd rather see him face Cotto. Take a tune-up fight. But to fight Mosley.

I don't think we're going to see or hear anything out of Pac's camp until the Mayweather/Marquez fight goes down.

Everything I'm hearing, reading...it won't be advisable for Pac to fight Mosley anywhere north of 143. Mosley is willing..(check it out) to fight Manny

1. giving Manny the 60/40 edge in profits
2. giving Manny a mandatory rematch should Sugar Shane win
3. fight Manny @ a 144lb. catchweight
4. put his welterweight belt on the line

Everything leading me to believe Mosley just isn't doing it just for the money..it's cuz he knows he can beat Pac.

Just hope the Pacman camp is smart about it.

interesting.. shane is that confident huh?

i know damn well mayweather would NOT give pacman 60/40 if they fought.. even though pacman is the champ.. sh*t.. it SHOULD be that way
Anyone know what time the Cotto fight comes on tonight?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Anyone know what time the Cotto fight comes on tonight?

Now. Cotto has a TOUGH fight on his hands.
damn , Cotto is bloody as hell
http://www.p2p4u.net/live/pl17.php
Clottey won this fight IMO by 2 points.

116-111? Get the f**k out of here. WTF was he scoring....
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Clottey won this fight IMO by 2 points.

116-111? Get the f**k out of here. WTF was he scoring....

Dang guys i dunno bout this one?

Clottey will be back but does Cotto have anything left to offer?
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Clottey won this fight IMO by 2 points.

116-111? Get the f**k out of here. WTF was he scoring....

Dang guys i dunno bout this one?

Clottey will be back but does Cotto have anything left to offer?

I guess the judges didn't like Clottey's running and showboating at the end.


....the only thing I can think of.
I had Cotto winning 114-113. Great fight by the way. The knockdown and the accidental headbutt won the fight for Cotto.

Clottey's biggest problem was his lack of work. It was clear to everybody that his defense was superior to Cotto and Joshua was landing the cleaner punches, but Cotto just kept out working him to steal rounds.

Yes, the 116-111 was ridiculous. Clottey should have won the last 6 rounds convincingly but he didn't do enough. I was looking for reasons to give him rounds. He would stalk Cotto but he wouldn't throw any punches.

If anything, Cotto should have been deducted a point for the hitting behind the head in the 12th and then it would have been a draw.

Anyway, Paul Williams would beat both of these boxers easily.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Jun 14, 2009 at 11:10:25 ]
Pacquiao was ringside for this one if you guys had seen it. Don't think Cotto/Pac would be nearly as good a draw as Mosley/Pac.

Cotto just doesn't look to be the same guy who fought Margarito a year ago.

And with Mayweather crying about hurt ribs suspiciously, they're trying to move JMM/Money fight a month before Pac's target date of October..Hmm....Someone say super-mega fight early 2010?
Clotteys legit though, but his emotions always get the best of him.

I'd like to see Quintana vs Clottey
I thought that Quntana vs Williams 2 fight was fixed
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Clotteys legit though, but his emotions always get the best of him.

I'd like to see Quintana vs Clottey
I thought that Quntana vs Williams 2 fight was fixed

Clottey fought well but he should of beat Cotto. And agreed Williams would demolish both of them. I like to see if Pac man wants to fight Williams