There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Okay so Arreola seems to be on the right track... Thats cool for Boxeo. Paul Williams looked like BHOP on crack whata puncher. Guys I got all sad when they were talking about that dude that died.

Good Night for Boxing.

Who died?

Winky Wright , like I said, is done.

That was a damn tuneup match.

Artie Williams (sp?) talent director at HBO.

Paul Williams is indeed in quite a quandry. Middleweight isn't exactly where he'd like to be fighting, but no one would have anything to gain by fighting him at junior middle or at welterweight.

Maybe a tuneup fight, then the winner of Cotto/Clottey at welterweight?

How about Sugar Shane? I really don't see him being able to draw any fights at welterweight and I'm not quite sure he's ready to see the likes of a Pavlik or Arthur Abraham just yet.

Paul Williams 82 inch reach is an inch longer than heavyweight titleholder Wladimir Klitschko. Who the hell wants to fight the Punisher?

Williams' promoter:

"This is why we went up to 160 pounds, because we had to give somebody an advantage or a comfort level that when we got Paul up to 160 it was an even playing field. But it's not," Goossen said. "The bar may be raised and he may have to go to 168. But Paul says he wants to go back to 147. We'll either go to 147 and get his title back, go to 154 and get another title or fight again at 160."

Theoretically speaking, if he were to go to super middle, Kessler/Williams would be one hell of a fight. Or Taylor/Williams. But they're looking way too far down the road. Kid's only 27.

Nobody wants to fight him

If you look at Quintana vs Williams I , Quintana beat the sh*t out of him.

Williams is beatable.
Okay so Arreola seems to be on the right track... Thats cool for Boxeo. Paul Williams looked like BHOP on crack whata puncher. Guys I got all sad when they were talking about that dude that died.

Good Night for Boxing.

Who died?

Paul Williams is indeed in quite a quandry. Middleweight isn't exactly where he'd like to be fighting, but no one would have anything to gain by fighting him at junior middle or at welterweight.

How about Sugar Shane? I really don't see him being able to draw any fights at welterweight and I'm not quite sure he's ready to see the likes of a Pavlik or Arthur Abraham just yet.

Paul Williams 82 inch reach is an inch longer than heavyweight titleholder Wladimir Klitschko. Who the hell wants to fight the Punisher?

Williams' promoter:

"This is why we went up to 160 pounds, because we had to give somebody an advantage or a comfort level that when we got Paul up to 160 it was an even playing field. But it's not," Goossen said. "The bar may be raised and he may have to go to 168. But Paul says he wants to go back to 147. We'll either go to 147 and get his title back, go to 154 and get another title or fight again at 160."

Theoretically speaking, if he were to go to super middle, Kessler/Williams would be one hell of a fight. Or Taylor/Williams. But they're looking way too far down the road. Kid's only 27.

Williams is beatable.

The excuse that was thrown around was Williams was feeling under the weather for that fight. So who knows? The kid did come back and knock him out within a minute or so of their rematch.

He is beatable. Just wondering who's gonna do it? For sure Abraham and Pavlik would beat him right now. I don't think anyone can touch him at 147. I think it'd be a big mistake to head up to 168 this fast.

Good Night for Boxing.

Who died?

Williams' promoter:

Williams is beatable.

The excuse that was thrown around was Williams was feeling under the weather for that fight. So who knows? The kid did come back and knock him out within a minute or so of their rematch.

He is beatable. Just wondering who's gonna do it? For sure Abraham and Pavlik would beat him right now. I don't think anyone can touch him at 147. I think it'd be a big mistake to head up to 168 this fast.
Kellerman had a good point that a dude that big (freak) at that weight HAD to have some trouble making weight.

I'm sure he's going to have no choice sooner or later to move up in weight.
On April 30, at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel, in San Diego there will be a good boxing card. My sister in laws cousin, Christopher Martin willl be in the main event. If there is anyone in San Diego that wants to see a good fight, this would be it.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
On April 30, at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel, in San Diego there will be a good boxing card. My sister in laws cousin, Christopher Martin willl be in the main event. If there is anyone in San Diego that wants to see a good fight, this would be it.
damn,
I gotta go to Cache Creek to catch fights here in NorCal.

I'm gonna hit up Vegas in June.

ANy upcoming fights?
damn,
I gotta go to Cache Creek to catch fights here in NorCal.

I'm gonna hit up Vegas in June.

ANy upcoming fights?

Give me a specific date and I will try and find some.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Where the fu*k is Mayweather?

God I dislike mayweather.

That's why I wanna see Pacquiooiuuuoouaouou vs Mayweather so badly.

It would be epic to see how Pac could fair.

man that would be a big mistake for manny.. pac will lose that fight
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
when is andre ward finna fight again?

Nothing scheduled yet. They might be trying to get a major name figfhter for him next. The middleweight division is full of talented fighters. The problem is getting them to fight each other. This guy looks to be the real thing.

World-ranked, undefeated super middleweight Andre Ward (18-0, 12 KOs) meets hard-hitting Colombian Edison Miranda (32-3, 28 KOs) May 16 on a special Saturday primetime edition of ShoBox: The New Generation live on SHOWTIME at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif.

A victory in what most agree will be Ward’s toughest test could put the talented, classy 2004 Olympic Games gold medalist in position to fight the winner of this Saturday’s showdown between undefeated WBC 168-pound champion Carl Froch and former undisputed middleweight kingpin Jerman Taylor on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING (9 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast).

Ward, who is ranked No. 2 in the WBC, one spot below Taylor, doesn’t see a clear-cut favorite and expects Froch-Taylor to be a tight, competitive contest.

“This is a very interesting fight,” said Ward, who will appear in his hometown of Oakland for the first time as a professional when he takes on Miranda. “I admire Froch for coming to the United States to fight. He could have stayed in the UK and become a draw but he knows that at age 31 his time is now.

“Stylistically speaking, it’s a hard fight to call. Both fighters have their pros and cons. But if I have to pick, I’d say Taylor will win a very close fight. I think his speed, experience and athleticism will pull him through.”

The May 16 ShoBox telecast will begin at 9 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the west coast).
  • ninerskeet
  • Info N/A

Excited for this weekend! It's gonna be a WARRRR!!!!!
  • ninerskeet
  • Info N/A
A match is in the works for sometime in the summer for a Mayweather-Marquez showdown. Mayweather wants to fight at 147, Marquez at 140 but it'll likely be at a catch-weight in between.

I'd like Marquez to win but my money's on Mayweather. I think it's a total mismatch weight-wise considering Marquez has only fought twice at lightweight.

Anyway, can't blame Marquez for wanting this fight. He's at the twilight of his career and he should try and cash in while he can.
  • ninerskeet
  • Info N/A
Kellerman was just ripping Pac a new one. Marquez calling out Mayweather.

If Pac does get past Hatton, and Mayweather doesn't come out of retirement...

Pac Marquez III. I'd pay to see it.

Marquez would get killed he showed his age on saturday and should of lost, anyone who thinks Marquez has a shot vs PAC-Man is dead wrong.

lol
  • ninerskeet
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Paul Williams is an action fighter and loves to throw punches in bunches ...Winky is a technical southpaw and difficult to attack ...I say Winky wins a close fight

I cant wait for Manny vs Hatton, that could easily be "fight of the year"

Unless Mayweather fights PacMan, it will be the fight of the year

For some reason I just dont see Mayweather coming back to fight Manny, but I would love to see that matchup

I think that's really the only reason he's coming back. Manny got that P4P title by default, Money wants it back!

After the DLH fights both Mayweather and PacMan rake in insane amounts of cash. Combined, it'll be another huuuuuuuuge payday for the both of them. That's too much green to leave on the table.

Of course, that's assuming Pac Man beats Hatton on Saturday, but that's not a given.
MAYWEATHER IS BACK!!! TO FIGHT AGAINST MARQUEZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIEdYXeUMKQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fniketalk.yuku.com%2Ftopic%2F173524&feature=player_embedded
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on May 2, 2009 at 6:49 PM ]
Should be a good fight. I thought Marquez fought pacman extremely well and outside the knockdown i saw marquez had a better fight. Marquez is a technician that when needed can throw down also. Im excited already but he's going up against the best.