LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Hot dang, how much of that can we carry over to 2018? Are we saving for a huge front loaded Cousins contract?

Pretty sure we can carryover as much as we want...I think that's has to be in the back of their heads (cousins)

Yeah, we just carried over $38.7M from last year and haven't even spent THAT. LOL
Most cap space remaining, per official NFL accounting:
49ers: $73.9M
Browns: $61.4M
Jaguars: $47.0M
Titans: $42.3M
Raiders: $41.6M
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Most cap space remaining, per official NFL accounting:
49ers: $73.9M
Browns: $61.4M
Jaguars: $47.0M
Titans: $42.3M
Raiders: $41.6M

We'd probably lose about $10-15M of that post-draft picks, UDFAs, and possible extensions.
Hot dang, how much of that can we carry over to 2018? Are we saving for a huge front loaded Cousins contract?

Pretty sure we can carryover as much as we want...I think that's has to be in the back of their heads (cousins)

Yeah there's no limit to how much you can carryover, since this was put in place, for the 2012 season, the 49ers have carried over every bit of their remaining cap room each year.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Yeah there's no limit to how much you can carryover, since this was put in place, for the 2012 season, the 49ers have carried over every bit of their remaining cap room each year.

Yeah I don't understand why you wouldn't?
Not to beat a dead horse so to speak, but this was posted on OTC, https://overthecap.com/swiped-contract-week, about Spotrac taking contract info from OTC, and other sites that did one team, like mine. Just more proof that anyone who is doubting what I've said.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Yeah I don't understand why you wouldn't?

Yeah there is no reason not to carryover every bit, only reason is for post season awards that may be attained, that's the inly reason I've been given by my league source.
Updated the OP.
If we land cousins which I feel is a sure thing what do you expect him to be making salary wise compared to other qbs ?
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
If we land cousins which I feel is a sure thing what do you expect him to be making salary wise compared to other qbs ?

I'd say he's going to get a 5 yr 115 million, 23 million yearly sounds about right..I think..
I think it's FAR from a sure thing Washington didn't even draft a QB. Snyder is going to do everything he can to keep him IMO.

Originally posted by Oilcan:
I think it's FAR from a sure thing Washington didn't even draft a QB. Snyder is going to do everything he can to keep him IMO.

How many times can he get hit with the franchise tag?
Not 100% how salary cap carryover works..

How much of what we have remaining would be carried over to next year?
Updated, the cap pages are updated and sortable.
Theyre spending too much money.

Looks like Cousins is going to be $50 million dollars richer.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on May 27, 2017 at 9:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone