LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
how does boldin effect our cap?

We were at around $5.1 million under according to reports, which means we got a $1M incentive credit from Alex Smith's contract and the $1.643M cap credit from uncapped year, so right now I have us at $8.1M under with the Alex Smith, Anquan Boldin and Ian Williams extension all taken into account.

AB, $8.1M under STILL after taking on Boldin's deal? I thought he had a $6 or $7M cap figure this year? How does that work?

We need more moniez.
I'll put money down that Justin Smith redoes his contract in order to get some other DL talent in the house.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'll put money down that Justin Smith redoes his contract in order to get some other DL talent in the house.

Being so close I'm sure a few could re-work the deals to make it happen.....losing is motivation!
We were at around $5.1 million under according to reports, which means we got a $1M incentive credit from Alex Smith's contract and the $1.643M cap credit from uncapped year, so right now I have us at $8.1M under with the Alex Smith, Anquan Boldin and Ian Williams extension all taken into account.
AB,

First of all, thank you for your great work. I kid you not, after I heard about us trading for Boldin, one of the first things I thought was, "damn, I gotta get on the Webzone and see how much AB says we have left!"

So, $8.1M left, huh? How much of that do we realistically need to allocate to our draft picks? If you factor in the draft (let's say we end up with... 9 picks after trading up / trading for future picks in '14), how much would you see is the "true" amount we have remaining?
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
how does boldin effect our cap?

AB, $8.1M under STILL after taking on Boldin's deal? I thought he had a $6 or $7M cap figure this year? How does that work?

Thanks to the credits, that put us under by more. We still need to do more moves to get more cap room to sign any free agents.
Originally posted by theduke85:
AB,

First of all, thank you for your great work. I kid you not, after I heard about us trading for Boldin, one of the first things I thought was, "damn, I gotta get on the Webzone and see how much AB says we have left!"

So, $8.1M left, huh? How much of that do we realistically need to allocate to our draft picks? If you factor in the draft (let's say we end up with... 9 picks after trading up / trading for future picks in '14), how much would you see is the "true" amount we have remaining?

Probably realistically $4M set aside, but that I wouldn't be afraid of now, we can create room later in offseason when signing draft picks are a priority.
AB,

Probably realistically $4M set aside, but that I wouldn't be afraid of now, we can create room later in offseason when signing draft picks are a priority.
Ahhh, that makes sense. So guys like Goodwin, Manningham, etc (fringe cut candidates) could be sacrificed later in the year if push comes to shove?
AB,

Ahhh, that makes sense. So guys like Goodwin, Manningham, etc (fringe cut candidates) could be sacrificed later in the year if push comes to shove?

Yes correct. Potential for an extension for Justin Smith to clear up cap space.
AB so we have 8.1 with Boldin and before Alex trade? Meaning after he is traded we gain another 8 in cap space?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
THANK YOU BASED AB!

Originally posted by SportsFan:
AB so we have 8.1 with Boldin and before Alex trade? Meaning after he is traded we gain another 8 in cap space?
No.

"Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We were at around $5.1 million under according to reports, which means we got a $1M incentive credit from Alex Smith's contract and the $1.643M cap credit from uncapped year, so right now I have us at $8.1M under with the Alex Smith, Anquan Boldin and Ian Williams extension all taken into account."
AB, I know we get basically no cap relief by cutting Carlos this year, but does dropping him this year provide any benefits to the 2014 cap, as opposed to cutting him next year?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
AB, I know we get basically no cap relief by cutting Carlos this year, but does dropping him this year provide any benefits to the 2014 cap, as opposed to cutting him next year?

It does, if we cut him and take on the prorated bonus in 2013, whih would clear 2014 up.
How much would we free up if we cut Rogers?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
How much would we free up if we cut Rogers?

Right around $1.1 million for a non june 1 cut, if designated june 1 cut its more like 4m. but wouldn't have the money yet until june 1st.
Share 49ersWebzone