There are 189 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DJamhour:
So apparently we were going to owe him $9.5M(roughly)this year. Cutting instead of trading him we ate close to $7M but gave him freedom to choose his next team. And also we lose $5.2M for 2018 whether it was now or before next season. So we roughly owe Bow $14.7M and he's not on the team... Can you confirm this AB?

Minus whatever his other team pays him, right?
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
So apparently we were going to owe him $9.5M(roughly)this year. Cutting instead of trading him we ate close to $7M but gave him freedom to choose his next team. And also we lose $5.2M for 2018 whether it was now or before next season. So we roughly owe Bow $14.7M and he's not on the team... Can you confirm this AB?

Due to one time termination pay he gets his full salary plus his Raiders salary.

The only dead dead money in 2018 is his pro rations of $4.447 million.

after today's moves we're at $61.5 million
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

Due to one time termination pay he gets his full salary plus his Raiders salary.

The only dead dead money in 2018 is his pro rations of $4.447 million.

after today's moves we're at $61.5 million

Thanks AB81! We are still in great shape
After today's moves, the 49ers now have $59,121,034 in cap room now, and a projected $61,252,770 in 2018 on a $178M projected cap.
After trades, and today's roster moves, this is how our cap looks.

$58,822,970 right now for 2017
$61,764,629 for 2018 with a $178M cap, 48 players signed.

Question AB, why do I see people post that we will have over $100 million in cap space next year then?
What am I missing?
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

Question AB, why do I see people post that we will have over $100 million in cap space next year then?
What am I missing?

Carryover from this season
👍
Gotcha
Thank you
Love these updates!
If the NFL loses revenue, can the salary cap go down instead of up?

Originally posted by glorydayz:
If the NFL loses revenue, can the salary cap go down instead of up?

It's possible, but I doubt it goes down, the NFL gets their revenue through TV deals, so ESPN, CBS, FOX, NBC, etc... I don't see ratings dropping being an issue, as they dropped last year, and the salary cap went up from I believe the $153M range to $167M this year. I don't see a drop in the salary cap happening. No matter what way you slice it, the NFL, Owners are making a s**t ton of money, ratings decline or not, they make Millions, if nor Billions each year.
If Jimmy G gets franchised, what will that cost us in cap?
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
If Jimmy G gets franchised, what will that cost us in cap?

We're looking at around $27M most likely.
Guys like Ray Ray getting cut....and him being signed by the Giants, does that increase our cap even more?
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
Guys like Ray Ray getting cut....and him being signed by the Giants, does that increase our cap even more?

Not in 2017, maybe in 2018, he had $850K GTD in his base salary, but he could apply for termination pay, which can be done only once in a players career, meaning he could collect the $850K and whatever he gets elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone