LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This calls for

Ahmad Brooks will be a goner. Stevie without a paycut will be a goner.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

I can't see them letting Crabtree, Johnson and possibly Boldin go. Hopefully the announcement of our new OC, whoever he will be, will energise at least two of them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

I can't see them letting Crabtree, Johnson and possibly Boldin go. Hopefully the announcement of our new OC, whoever he will be, will energise at least two of them.

Crabtree will be a free agent. He pretty much controls his own destiny.

The only way the 49ers can stop him from walking is by tagging him.

At his point, he has no impact on our 2015 salary cap.

[ Edited by buck on Dec 26, 2014 at 5:34 AM ]
Ouch, we are still paying Carlos Rogers? Will we get any money back from Ray McDonald?
I expect to see some kind of restructure from Vernon Davis, not worth the 7 mil price tag he will be carrying.
At one time I thought there would be very drastic changes made to the 49ers roster this offseason. At this point though, I think the only major losses will be Crabtree and Iupati. Iupati is a dominant run blocker at times but will get too much $$ to keep. Crabtree I have mixed feelings about. On one hand I believe he's a very good WR, on the other he's injured often and I dislike his attitude/personality. He seems selfish and not really a team guy, at least that's the perception this fan has.

Edit: I think Brooks is traded or cut.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 26, 2014 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Ouch, we are still paying Carlos Rogers? Will we get any money back from Ray McDonald?

Savings of about $2 million overall I believe(No AB) but they have to eat a lot of money.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I can see them letting Frank walk since his time has come to an end
Crabtree gone
VD restructures or is gone
Brooks - He's a baller so I hate to see him go - he always shows up in the big games or at the right times but I see with Lynch's potential he's gone
Stevie Johnson & Brandon Lloyd are probably gone...
and Iupati is probably gone...

My only concern is that they don't go to the dark side
Read an article where with the roll over and cap increase we are at about $2M under before any restructuring or internal signing. In short, we good!

I think we're going to need to free up some money. Our rookie class will need ~$3-5 million. Re-signing Gore (which we need to do, IMO) will probably only cost $2-3 million, but that's already money we don't have.

I honestly think I'd dump VDavis and let Carrier, Vance, Celek, and Millard compete/develop into the TE role. His speed doesn't work for us if he won't catch anything outside of his torso area, and his blocking has been poor. He just seems disinterested and lazy out there. He's been ragdolled on several run plays, and tht NEVER happened 2-3 years ago.

Brooks should restructure/go away. Showing up out of shape when we needed him most is inexcusable. He's good, but not worth what he's been earning.

I keep hearing that Kap's deal was written with intent to restructure quickly, so there's some potential savings there.

Dahl can go, just as quickly as possible. I expect Reid to sit on Sunday (no point risking his brain on a doomed season), and Dahl will once again show that knowing where to be on a given play does you no good if you are too physically deficient to get there in time. With Johnson showing well at Nickle, Ward can move to Safety, backing up Reid aand Bethea, and I like McCray a lot.

Bethea's deal essentially becomes year-to-year in 2016, so he might want an extension, especially with Ward waiting in the wings. Re-doing his deal might be tough after he tore it up this year, but maybe they could loop the highlights of Lynch and Turbin running him over in whichever room they use for negotiations.

Depending on Aldon's offseason, he could get a new deal that pays him more money, but pushes a lot of that $$ into future seasons.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I think we're going to need to free up some money. Our rookie class will need ~$3-5 million. Re-signing Gore (which we need to do, IMO) will probably only cost $2-3 million, but that's already money we don't have.

I honestly think I'd dump VDavis and let Carrier, Vance, Celek, and Millard compete/develop into the TE role. His speed doesn't work for us if he won't catch anything outside of his torso area, and his blocking has been poor. He just seems disinterested and lazy out there. He's been ragdolled on several run plays, and tht NEVER happened 2-3 years ago.

Brooks should restructure/go away. Showing up out of shape when we needed him most is inexcusable. He's good, but not worth what he's been earning.

I keep hearing that Kap's deal was written with intent to restructure quickly, so there's some potential savings there.

Dahl can go, just as quickly as possible. I expect Reid to sit on Sunday (no point risking his brain on a doomed season), and Dahl will once again show that knowing where to be on a given play does you no good if you are too physically deficient to get there in time. With Johnson showing well at Nickle, Ward can move to Safety, backing up Reid aand Bethea, and I like McCray a lot.

Bethea's deal essentially becomes year-to-year in 2016, so he might want an extension, especially with Ward waiting in the wings. Re-doing his deal might be tough after he tore it up this year, but maybe they could loop the highlights of Lynch and Turbin running him over in whichever room they use for negotiations.

Depending on Aldon's offseason, he could get a new deal that pays him more money, but pushes a lot of that $$ into future seasons.

Great post!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Savings of about $2 million overall I believe(No AB) but they have to eat a lot of money.

There eating about $4.6M due to the restructure they did before the season began. That's added like half of that to his guaranteed money left in prorations.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Read an article where with the roll over and cap increase we are at about $2M under before any restructuring or internal signing. In short, we good!

Where? NinersNation.com? If so that was mine.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Where? NinersNation.com? If so that was mine.

I read that one too
Share 49ersWebzone