There are 164 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
updated.

Thanks much AB! Very helpful.
So there are people in the post who's math has us with 55 million cap space, which can't be right. By your numbers, which I trust, how much cap space do we have. Even though we need to sign Willis, goldson and others. As of right now, where are we at?

Thanks
Originally posted by WillisGoldson:
updated.

Thanks much AB! Very helpful.
So there are people in the post who's math has us with 55 million cap space, which can't be right. By your numbers, which I trust, how much cap space do we have. Even though we need to sign Willis, goldson and others. As of right now, where are we at?

Thanks

well, if their was a cap, and with no cap we have unlimited but we likely self imposed a cap on ourselves.

So, id say 24M we have left to use. We should allocate around 6M for draftees.
Ok AB, now with the Willis extension, how do we look salary cap wise? With the rookies coming on board what will that do to us? What are your projections regarding Davis, Goldson, Lawson, and Franklin?
from what I understand, Now i could be wrong if im not reading this article correctly.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/How-49ers-circumvented-the-30percent-rule.html

but he gets a 15.5M Bonus in 2010, a 4.8M Bonus in 2011 and his salaries for those yrs are as follows

due to the 30& rule his Base is up to 988K and 15.5M Bonus takes his salary to 16.488M

and for 2011, its 7.55M

As for future yrs, Ill have that info in a later post.

If we had a cap we would be left with 8M for rookies and little for vets. So We are set.
updated
updated, i didnt take into account Clements, Lawson and Spencer forefiting their Workout bonuses.

Also found out new info on Willis' deal.

he gets a 1.25M Workout Bonus in yrs 3-7
updated as of may 28th 2010
updated as of may 28th 2010

time for another one
updated, unfortunately, im on my own, the NFLPA has changed there site access again, and there base salary section is GONE.

So, ive guesstimated on some numbers, i am not sure on Davis and Iupati's structures.

But i will work up a mock contract later in the week.
AB, I put up a post over in the free agency forum. From what I can see we have 14 free agents (7 current starters). You given any thought into who we can all sign next year? We can't sign them all. So we would have 48 mil... how much of that do you think Davis, Iupati and Crabtree take? Like 10-15 million? So say we have 30-35 million do you think that can get us Davis, Smith, Goldson, Franklin, Lawson, etc if we want them back. Honestly, I'm afraid we won't have the room for even the guys I think we will want back. Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot for all your hard work buddy!!!

Alex Smith - Depends on the season but hopefully he resigns cheap if we want him
Vernon Davis - Should be signed first and foremost
Dashon Goldson - I'd prefer to resign him, Reggie has looked good but injury prone
Aubrayo Franklin - I think he goes elsewhere, hopefully RJF will be ready
Manny Lawson - If he doesn't lower demand he is probably gone
Ray McDonald - Sign for cheap... should compete with Soap for LDE
Takeo Spikes - Sign for vet min. as leader for Bowman, possibly starter

David Baas - Unless we see him as future at C no need to resign
Tony Wragge - Versatile vet but unless he signs for min. we probably can't resign
Karl Paymah - Could live without resigning... we will see how he does this year
Demetric Evans - Probably gone after this year
Brian Westbrook - Probably gone after this year... Dixon should be ready
Barry Sims - Probably gone or just let walk
Jason Hill - Probably gone anyways
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 25, 2010 at 8:52 PM ]

Originally posted by Gore_21:
AB, I put up a post over in the free agency forum. From what I can see we have 14 free agents (7 current starters). You given any thought into who we can all sign next year? We can't sign them all. So we would have 48 mil... how much of that do you think Davis, Iupati and Crabtree take? Like 10-15 million? So say we have 30-35 million do you think that can get us Davis, Smith, Goldson, Franklin, Lawson, etc if we want them back. Honestly, I'm afraid we won't have the room for even the guys I think we will want back. Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot for all your hard work buddy!!!

Alex Smith - Depends on the season but hopefully he resigns cheap if we want him
Dashon Goldson - I'd prefer to resign him, Reggie has looked good but injury prone

Tony Wragge - Versatile vet but unless he signs for min. we probably can't resign

Ok, Ive given some thought recently about 2011 FAs. Obviously Vernon is back. Then comes Goldson, and Alex.

You are right, we will likely have to let Manny, Aubrayo, and maybe Baas go.

Thhen for the rest, Hill is gone, Sims gone, Evans gone, McDonald, back cheap tho.

Wragge gone, Paymah gone, Will James gone.

I would retain Spikes if for right price.

I also project around 10--15M for those 3(Crabs, Davis and Iupati)

Now, contracts for 2011.

VD- 8M
Alex- 5M
McDonald- 1M
Goldson- No more than 5M(Or let go)
Spikes- 2M

and set aside about 6M for rooks.

thats about 27M used of 30M used, so even then, we might be hard to keep Spikes. but he will likely wanna stay.

I honestly dont see Manny or Aubrayo back, possibly both.

Ok, Ive given some thought recently about 2011 FAs. Obviously Vernon is back. Then comes Goldson, and Alex.

Thhen for the rest, Hill is gone, Sims gone, Evans gone, McDonald, back cheap tho.

Now, contracts for 2011.

VD- 8M
Alex- 5M
McDonald- 1M
Spikes- 2M

thats about 27M used of 30M used, so even then, we might be hard to keep Spikes. but he will likely wanna stay.

How would we be looking if we released Norris, Clements, Hill, and Lewis?
updated.

You sir, are one cool dude.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Aug 27, 2010 at 6:25 PM ]

Now, contracts for 2011.

VD- 8M
Alex- 5M
McDonald- 1M
Spikes- 2M

Good stuff AB... we've been spoiled lately not having many starters as free agents but it caught up with us. Doesn't look good... I know Spikes will probably want to be back and is a great guy to have/be a veteran leader but if that 2 million keeps Goldson I probably give it to him. Like Jreff says what if we cut all those guys... would that give us enough extra to maybe sign Lawson/Aubrayo or at least Baas/Wragge.

Now, contracts for 2011.

VD- 8M
Alex- 5M
McDonald- 1M
Spikes- 2M

Good stuff AB... we've been spoiled lately not having many starters as free agents but it caught up with us. Doesn't look good... I know Spikes will probably want to be back and is a great guy to have/be a veteran leader but if that 2 million keeps Goldson I probably give it to him. Like Jreff says what if we cut all those guys... would that give us enough extra to maybe sign Lawson/Aubrayo or at least Baas/Wragge.

Im going over this with Jreff22 on AIM, and we see we can re-sign VD, Alex, Goldson, cut Lewis, Clements, Norris and Snyder

keep Lawson, Miller, Briggs, maybe Baas, and still get maybe a big name FA every 2-3 years.
Share 49ersWebzone